Chick Young calls out seperation at school age

Said it a few times the past couple of days separate schools starts the divide and when Catholic schools indoctrinate the kids it’s no wonder we have religious problems

It won’t happen overnight and would take decades but have one inclusive school system would definitely help but I don’t think it will ever stop

Too many people think that those schools only exist in the West of Scotland and NI. They are all over the UK and exist without a problem. Our own manager went to one . The issue is deeply ingrained and it’s not going to change by making the schooling different. I honestly don’t know the religion of workmates, neighbours or my kids friends. When I lived back home I knew everybody’s from the postie to the paperboy.

BfWG9cj.jpg

Kids play happily with other until school then it can end abruptly,
It's madness to pay out our taxation for two schools next to each other just because one is religious and the other isn't, Especially when councils are slashing budgets and council tax costs are going up. Having two schools on the same bloody campus (hate this American word for some reason) is irresponsible cost prohibitive economic madness and environmentally criminal.

That fvck there's only one primary and no secondary bigot factory in Clackmannanshire.

Say what you like, but I see very little bother in that respect in this area.

You might see no bother but having worked in the area before it’s one of the places where “ Hun” is deemed acceptable in every day conversation . When you dig them up they seem stunned .

That fvck there's only one primary and no secondary bigot factory in Clackmannanshire.

It's the same in Moray , we have faith primary schools but no faith secondary schools don't think there's any faith secondary schools north of Dundee ........happy to be corrected if this is not the case

Too many people think that those schools only exist in the West of Scotland and NI. They are all over the UK and exist without a problem. Our own manager went to one . The issue is deeply ingrained and it’s not going to change by making the schooling different. I honestly don’t know the religion of workmates, neighbours or my kids friends. When I lived back home I knew everybody’s from the postie to the paperboy.

Two things worth considering.

Firstly - even if it's not a flawed system, we need a serious discussion on it to prove that.

Secondly - what works in Liverpool isn't necessarily going to work in Glasgow.

Said it a few times the past couple of days separate schools starts the divide and when Catholic schools indoctrinate the kids it’s no wonder we have religious problems

It won’t happen overnight and would take decades but have one inclusive school system would definitely help but I don’t think it will ever stop

I think it would eradicate the problem massively and fairly quickly. Take religion and indocrination out of the schools, kids will realize there's not much difference and friendships will develop preventing a sectarian divide. It's what the catholic church and the bigots that run it are afraid of as their rotten religion will be eradicated from Scottish society.
Sickening that the current Scottish Govt has sold it's soul on this issue to appease and ensure the FBs votes. Not representative of the Scottish people and they get away with it due to a biased and bigoted MSM in this country, led by Pacific Quay CSC. Hopefully the majority will waken up and drive this cancer out of Scotland before it s too late.

England is having problems with separate schooling for another religion

In glad he said it

Listen im not against faith schools, but I am against the state funding them

There's plenty of independent Christian schools that require pupils to be privately funded.

So if you want to send your child to a faith school, any faith school, go for it, but you pay for it.

Everyone else expecting free education should expect non discriminatory cohesive learning from all backgrounds

The elephant in the room. I've tried to debate this issue in the past (withe supposedly educated individuals) and the best they could do was
1. RC schools have an excellent educational record.
Eh, should all children not have a right to receive the same standard?
2. I wouldn't like to see the influence of 'the church' diluted.
And I should have to pay for this why?
Joint schooling isn't a panacea but it is a start. The current system is not sustainable.

Schools are short of money like everything else.

Yet we bus children from miles away and drive past several schools on the way to a catholic school.

Just wrong so wrong.

Worse than that, they have the same building, but use the facilities at different time, dinner hall, play ground. Different main door.
One I’m thinking of is in Bargeddie.

My hope is that they push the agenda so far that it pisses off enough non-Rangers supporting, cultural Protestants.

Then we will see change.

The whole schooling issue is just disgraceful, shameful in fact.

I grew up in a housing scheme, lived in a block and was friendly with 2 other boys my age, we played every day as toddlers, were always together and when we all started school the 2 of them went to St Rose of Lima and I went to Sunnyside, I couldn’t understand for the life of me why we all couldn’t go to the same school, even more crazy that the schools were only a few hundred yards apart, why not 1 big school where we all could go to?

How naive eh?

There’s a catholic only secondary school where I am in England, no one pans my windows in because im a hun!

Its the “we’re ra sellik and their pyur hun bastarts” thats the problem. Until the current and previous generation cut it out the next generation will keep it going

Separate schooling causes pupils to dissociate from the majority population. Ofsted have reported that and are worried about de facto Muslim schools in Yorkshire.

England also have fewer Catholic schools and they are also a significant legacy of a pre-Reformation Catholic England that never reformed unlike Scotland where Catholic schools were built for Irish immigrants. We had fewer than 20,000 Scottish Catholics at the time of the Union of the Parliaments.

Yeah but they built the Stirling one as close to the border with Clackmannanshire as they possibly could.

They are nowhere near as prevelant and there is nowhere near as many rc's in other parts of the uk.

It is engrained for sure but separating children at the age of 5 certainly doesn't help.

The whole schooling issue is just disgraceful, shameful in fact.

I grew up in a housing scheme, lived in a block and was friendly with 2 other boys my age, we played every day as toddlers, were always together and when we all started school the 2 of them went to St Rose of Lima and I went to Sunnyside, I couldn’t understand for the life of me why we all couldn’t go to the same school, even more crazy that the schools were only a few hundred yards apart, why not 1 big school where we all could go to?

How naive eh?
Yours is not an isolated experience.

The biggest problem we have is plastic Irish wannabes who do not understand that their sort aren't particularly relevant in many areas of the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland and the West of Scotland in particular is riddled with people of a backward mindset who moan about discrimination but are fine dishing it out to the Protestant community and the Protestants have put up with this shite for too long.

Catholic schools exist the world over without problems . The problem is the particular Scottish mindset of denouncing everyone else as “ Hun/orange bastards “ as is deemed acceptable by many influential Scottish people and prominent football club , and hatred of another .

Keevins today pathetically trying to justify Boyds sectarian abuse as “ it’s because he played for Rangers “ sums it up .

Catholics aren't inherently bad, Catholic schools aren't inherently bad, Children brought up aren't inherently bad, Catholic schools don't make you inherently bad.

What they are allowed to get away with in society as an adult is the issue
They are allowed, ACTUALLY ... they're encouraged to run amok and spread a divisive disease across our Country.
Would having non denominational schooling compulsory make things better and more tolerant, sure as %^*& wouldn't make things any worse because at the moment many cannot be trusted in society to behave to the norms of decency.
The fact people can't be educated in any school parents choose and believe whatever they wish is an absolute embarrassment, and I truly believe it's not how they're taught but how they're taught that as an adult to immediately have a persecution complex and are allowed to be poisonous with no fear of retribution!

It would be wrong to say seperate schools is the cause of sectarianism.
The issue is a societal one and much more complex than that.

But it is certainly one major factor that contributes to sectarianism.

If people genuinely want sectarianism to end then there would need to be concerted and creative solutions found.

Looking at schools seperated on the grounds of religion must be looked at.

Schools are short of money like everything else.

Yet we bus children from miles away and drive past several schools on the way to a catholic school.

Just wrong so wrong.

Sometimes I pass Williamwood to get to work and find it sad that there are pupils that obviously stay near the school at a bus stop to go to St Ninians a couple of miles away.

Back