Chick Young calls out seperation at school age

This is the first step to a sensible discussion on divisive education and MUST now lead to why our sacred government of charlatans refuse to investigate child abuse at the cults of Celtic and the Catholic church, over fear of losing votes! It might even gain them a few by going after the dirty beasts

Too many people think that those schools only exist in the West of Scotland and NI. They are all over the UK and exist without a problem. Our own manager went to one . The issue is deeply ingrained and it’s not going to change by making the schooling different. I honestly don’t know the religion of workmates, neighbours or my kids friends. When I lived back home I knew everybody’s from the postie to the paperboy.
ours are fully state funded and have a sectarian employment policy in place that stops None Rc teachers getting employed and promoted.

There is no doubt this is the issue. And that’s coming from someone who attended a Catholic school

So did I bud ,so I am speaking from experience when I say that this is at the very core of any sectarian divide in Scotland, I had teachers referring to me as Hun, mason etc, that's how deep rooted their bitterness is.

Last edited:
Too many people think that those schools only exist in the West of Scotland and NI. They are all over the UK and exist without a problem. Our own manager went to one . The issue is deeply ingrained and it’s not going to change by making the schooling different. I honestly don’t know the religion of workmates, neighbours or my kids friends. When I lived back home I knew everybody’s from the postie to the paperboy.

Absolutely pathetic post. Segregation is the root cause of sectarianism here in Scotland and its down to the hatred nourished in RC schools.

lest be honest here

its not about RC schools...its about WEST OF SCOTLAND RC schools!!!! and the west of scotland chip on the shoulder catholics!
The West of Scotland Roman Catholic is a particularly virulent and malevolent breed.
They arrived on our shores with an irrational hatred of the residents, over 100 years ago.
Nothing has changed since then.

Two things worth considering.

Firstly - even if it's not a flawed system, we need a serious discussion on it to prove that.

Secondly - what works in Liverpool isn't necessarily going to work in Glasgow.
Think last point is the most important and totally agree.

If people are saying there is a sectarianism problem in the West of Scotland then it doesn't make sense to exacerbate it by separating the kids.

Having said that, I think most of the issues these days are to do with the intense rivalry rather than sectarianism. It's also being promoted at this time, as a diversion tactic to avoid mentioning ceptic's problems - paedophilia, crowd trouble in Spain and Kilmarnock, being swatted aside by Valencia.

Time for those that really want to see an end to sectarianism to get on board and tell the truth.

Didnt their former Bishop Joseph Devine admit that it caused sectarianism but at the same time said it was a price worth paying, a price worth paying for who?

Im living in Oz where they have Catholic Universities?

In Coatbridge they closed a nursery then reopened it as a Catholic nursery. It used to be called Coatholm Nursery. Its now called St Marys. But dont worry they still let non catholics in.

Time to wake up.

I’m not saying it’s not the biggest issue. It certainly is. But it’s not as simple as sort out that abomination and it’s all sorted

So you think we should start with the smaller issues?

The RC propaganda machine is trying to divert us away from the main cause of sectarianism because they are only interested in promoting their religion.

Instead of constantly back tracking and being defensive its time to take these bigoted bastards on head on.

End the segregation now.

It's been pointed out to you on several occasions that this is not simply cause-and-effect but the entrenchment of divisions that were already present. You don't seem capable of taking this point on board.

There are obvious problems in Northern Ireland where segregated education exists and, to a lesser extent, in and around Liverpool.

In saying this, the state schooling system in England is not a simple case of non-denominational and Roman Catholic - there is a much wider variety.

So you think we should start with the smaller issues?

The RC propaganda machine is trying to divert us away from the main cause of sectarianism because they are only interested in promoting their religion.

Instead of constantly back tracking and being defensive its time to take these bigoted bastards on head on.

End the segregation now.

No. We just need to look at everything. But hey, what’s the chances of it happening?

Slightly different here though, you can have two schools within 100yds of each other, one RC, one Non Dom.
In England the Catholic schools can be CoE or RC.
Up here the RC schools like to be associated and many see themselves as Irish Catholics who are a different breed.

No. We just need to look at everything. But hey, what’s the chances of it happening?

What do you mean "look at everything"?

Why not look at what causes sectarianism here in Scotland? Sectarian schools are the problem. No ifs and no buts.

The difference between Scotland and England on this issue is that we, in West od Scotland especially, are completely riddled with 3-4-5th generation Irish papist smellies that hate Protestant United Kingdom and all of us that support it.

The West of Scotland Roman Catholic is a particularly virulent and malevolent breed.
They arrived on our shores with an irrational hatred of the residents, over 100 years ago.
Nothing has changed since then.

Great post.

I moved to Oz in 2006 and my two bosses were RCs from Greenock and from west belfast. Both of them '19th Century Terrorists'. They started a works football team. Guess what? Canberra Celtic. I soon got to experience the same treatment I suffered back home from these 'all inclusive' ex pats and had to defend myself from accusations of bigotry.

These people are worse than nazis and its time we stood up to their fascism.

It “IS” a West of Scotland Cancer caused by a Society of 19th Century Terrorists (Political use of the Word) they bring it in, in from their indoctrination at School, and ten out of ten to those that leave it at the School Gates when they leave. They do not want to have anything to do with Great Britain, however they will, take, take, take all advantage of Benefits they can take out of Great Britain. I suppose that’s usual for THEIR HYPOCRISY! I worked through on the East Coast and there Sectarianism is very, very much quieter, and is to be welcomed.

Young will now be vilified from all angles . Stewart was choking ,spouting psychobabble, saying anything to deny the elephant in the room that is educational apartheid .
Stewart also had the audacity to try and deny selectarinism . The irony is breathtaking as the evidence of the Clarke /Boyd incidents are there to be seen .
Stewart has no credibility when he and the sportscene team are also the biggest exponents of selective editing and double standards.

The political classes hungry for the cathloic vote will continue to pander to Rome and anyone highlighting the obvious cause of sectarianism will be ignored ,discredited and called a bigot .
Chick Young has been brave in calling them out as they will go after his career and livelihood .

I live in Surrey. Not only are there Catholic schools in our immediate area, you don't have to be Catholic to teach at them.

Think you are kidding yourself on a little.

Firstly English people by and large are fairly ignorant of their history. The working class also have other far bigger inter race issues that take up more of their attention.

Their politics is not governed by religion in the way the Labour Party have been historically in the West of Scotland and the SNP are now.

We also have the very close by NI factor that has coloured life in the West of Scotland for my lifetime.

So I am sorry I totally disagree with your view as a result.

Too many people think that those schools only exist in the West of Scotland and NI. They are all over the UK and exist without a problem. Our own manager went to one . The issue is deeply ingrained and it’s not going to change by making the schooling different. I honestly don’t know the religion of workmates, neighbours Saor my kids friends. When I lived back home I knew everybody’s from the postie to the paperboy.
Same here in Ontario Canada. We have separate schools but it is considered by some more of a waste of money than a source of bigotry.

It’s pathetic that in this day and age with nobody going to chapels or churches this is still going on,they had a better chance of a good education than I did simply because there were more pupils in my class than in a similar class at a catholic school which meant the pupils had more time with teachers don’t think it’s like this now

I’ve never met a Rangers fan who didn’t believe segregation into two schooling paths at the age of 5 was the main reason sectarianism in West-central Scotland was so difficult to eradicate.

Said this for years....school for learning and if religion is required send them to a church on a Sunday. Right now the plastic catholics send them to their schools and dinnae bother aboot the chippit.

Supported Rangers since I could kick a ball about 3 years old. I had to go to a Catholic school because of family issues. Had catholism forced at me I never bought into it at all even at a young age I was hounded at school for wearing my Rangers top, it was even worse at a High School I had an English teacher have the class sing the fields of Athenrye in class, I never got picked for the school team because I was a Rangers fan and the team manager was a Celtic season ticket holder (I was back in as soon as the PE teacher took over). There’s a lot more I could say as well.
Catholic schools should be closed it’s unhealthy to separate kids at a young age, they are stupid if they think these schools are good for society

Both non denominational schools I went to in Maryhill, primary and sec got closed down. They never built new ones the 2 main ones are St, Mary’s and John Paul II go figure

I think their whole cult is sinister bud. It might manifest itself differently than in the WoS but to me Catholicism is an evil not to be trusted. The lessons are there, right throughout history. Their religion should be disbanded, not just their schools.

Think you are kidding yourself on a little.

Firstly English people by and large are fairly ignorant of their history. The working class also have other far bigger inter race issues that take up more of their attention.

Their politics is not governed by religion in the way the Labour Party have been historically in the West of Scotland and the SNP are now.

We also have the very close by NI factor that has coloured life in the West of Scotland for my lifetime.

So I am sorry I totally disagree with your view as a result.

Outside Liverpool and (historically) certain other areas of Lancashire the sort of religious division we see around the Glasgow conurbation doesn’t really exist.

Several factors may be involved:

Scotland was almost totally Presbyterian before the influx of Irish Catholic immigrants.

Most came from the north of Ireland, as did a significant number of Protestant immigrants.

The outcome is that the west of Scotland was always much more polarised than England in terms of Protestant-Catholic divisions.

I know what you're saying, however I do think it would help in this instance. I've been friends with guys who went to Catholic schools in Glasgow and there's definitely a feeling of us against them where all the Irish republican pish can flourish.

I think if you're all in one place it would be toned down and far more difficult to be prejudiced against your own mates.

I’m sorry but that is blatantly not true, not the way you are presenting it anyway.

Religious schools are rare in England. The vast vast majority of English Catholics go to non denomination schools.

In the West of Scotland 99% of all catholic children go to religious schools. In other parts of central Scotland this isn’t what happens. When I moved to Glasgow from Stirling the difference was night and day

That fvck there's only one primary and no secondary bigot factory in Clackmannanshire.

Say what you like, but I see very little bother in that respect in this area.
St Modens in Stirling is the only high schools of n the whole area. That covers a population of well over 75k. The vast majority are schooled at normal public schools and the difference in division and intensity is obvious when compared to Glasgow

Sometimes I pass Williamwood to get to work and find it sad that there are pupils that obviously stay near the school at a bus stop to go to St Ninians a couple of miles away.

I live close to St Mingos & St Francis.

Drove buses at these schools years ago.

They come from Denny-Bo’ness etc etc

All buses are reduced prices due to government funding.

Never heard it but well done Chic Young

Totally agree with Big D.

School is for learning academically.
Religion should be taught, preached and worshipped in churches, temples, synagogues and mosques for those who wish to participate.

Like Reply

lest be honest here

its not about RC schools...its about WEST OF SCOTLAND RC schools!!!! and the west of scotland chip on the shoulder catholics!
mostly yes but any right minded person wouldn’t be in favour of publicly funded religious segregation in any part of the country

Last edited:
The Anglican Church or, Church of England is only a kick in the arse off of the papes. I have seen more differences in ritual at different Lodges than ritual between C.ofE and RC. Which is why the English don't have the same problems as the WofS. They also don't have the same problems with the plastic paddies as we do.

I agree with NL I’ve lived in Yorkshire for over 20 years. Have many friends who I don’t know what religion they are

It’s very refreshing

Most people agree that it is a societal problem. Therefore, it stands to reason that societal issues must be looked at holistically and not through a 'periscope' focussed upon football and one club in particular.

If they are serious about addressing sectarianism, everything must be up for debate including religious apartheid. That is, if they are serious.

I agree with NL I’ve lived in Yorkshire for over 20 years. Have many friends who I don’t know what religion they are

It’s very refreshing

I was brought up in Luton and had loads of 'actual' Irish mates (ie not plastics). I guess they were mainly RC, I didn't give a toss, we all got on.

Since coming back to Scotland, I've discovered that the majority of the Rangers support do not give a monkey's either about the religion of our players. In fact, it's probably fair to say that some of our favourite players in recent years have probably been RC (Alfredo perhaps?)

The only people that appear to really care here, are the plastic Irishmen and their fellow travellers in the media. How many times have RC Rangers players been asked questions related to religion in interviews?

The bigots in this country are the ones bleating the loudest.

Back