Chick Young calls out seperation at school age

I haven’t mentioned what goes on in these kids home life. I’m sure they go out to play with all the children around the area, like normal kids. The next morning, one child goes one way to school, the other a different direction.
The parents went through the exact same thing. They and them. Us and ours. Yet none of these ‘parents’ ask the question “why are my children travelling to a different school?”
All down to which building you don’t attend on a Sunday.

As I say I take that on board .

But how that then takes the quantum leap into walking into a pub full of people you’ve not seen for 30 years and calling them “ Brit bastards “ is quite something .

Having briefly played in the same amateur team as Chico many many moons ago let me assure that although on this occasion the bold boy is 100% correct most things he utters are purely attention seeking. In journalistic circles he has been seen as a joke figure for many years.

Has he been hiding? This is the first time in years I've heard mention of him.

This point has been addressed.

England doesn't really have anything resembling the sectarian division seen in the west of Scotland, apart from the Liverpool area.

In Scotland there are effectively only two streams within a comprehensive system. In England there is a wide variety of schools available and in any case many view 'faith' schools as simply a means of getting a better education for their kids.

As I've pointed out, the so-called 'religious' divide in Scotland is really an ethno-religious divide. Roman Catholicism in Scotland is very strongly linked with Irish ancestry and bolstered by the existence of Celtic FC. There is no parallel in England.

Well we will all have slightly different views on it down to our own experiences , I just think to “ blame the schools “ is a very lazy and easy get out . I don’t like seeing primary kids separated at age 5 particularly either but to then say it “ creates “ a bigoted adult is absurd . If that was really the case the “ sectarian problem “ in the west of Scotland would be fair worse than name calling at a football match which let’s face it is what this furore is about .

As I say I take that on board .

But how that then takes the quantum leap into walking into a pub full of people you’ve not seen for 30 years and calling them “ Brit bastards “ is quite something .
IMO its indoctrination. Them and us mentality. People will look for comfort and find it in the strangest places. If it’s fed to them at an early age, then they feel they have cover, comfort and well being and justify that feeling, no matter what others think about the motives, background or consequences of their choices.

You might see no bother but having worked in the area before it’s one of the places where “ Hun” is deemed acceptable in every day conversation . When you dig them up they seem stunned .

Hun is everyday conversation...
54e34.jpg

Did you get dragged kicking and screaming into that Pepe's bar the cvnts turned from a good music haunt into a mentally challenged hovel..?

I think it would eradicate the problem massively and fairly quickly. Take religion and indocrination out of the schools, kids will realize there's not much difference and friendships will develop preventing a sectarian divide. It's what the catholic church and the bigots that run it are afraid of as their rotten religion will be eradicated from Scottish society.
Sickening that the current Scottish Govt has sold it's soul on this issue to appease and ensure the FBs votes. Not representative of the Scottish people and they get away with it due to a biased and bigoted MSM in this country, led by Pacific Quay CSC. Hopefully the majority will waken up and drive this cancer out of Scotland before it s too late.
Well said,the crimes of the cult have been known for year's,cover up deny everything and move along,Big Frankie admitted they have been at it for year's , the fake apologies and fake tears from his minions won't wash,they are guilty in every sense of the word.
just like Celtic,deny,deflect, a club that have adopted the same operandi as their spiritual masters should be tarred with the same brush,they knew of the abuse of children for now God knows how long,%^*& why listen to any bogus apologies that come from them.the moral guardian's of Scottish football ,and the well being of this country has been hijacked by charlatans,sympathisers for the ira and snp nuggets.Vote them Out and kick out their rancid football club.

Yeah but they built the Stirling one as close to the border with Clackmannanshire as they possibly could.

Where else were they going to build a novelty school bar the Sprinkerse FFS ? It was in St.Ninians for decades. Prime housing land was never getting looked over for q bigot factory.

Stirling Council had several other schools to build at the time and the Applepine School for Cretins got built on a floodplane, next to a river...
68vsjr.jpg

Still doesn't change the fact there's one primary and only two chapels in Clacks...

Well we will all have slightly different views on it down to our own experiences , I just think to “ blame the schools “ is a very lazy and easy get out . I don’t like seeing primary kids separated at age 5 particularly either but to then say it “ creates “ a bigoted adult is absurd . If that was really the case the “ sectarian problem “ in the west of Scotland would be fair worse than name calling at a football match which let’s face it is what this furore is about .

Real sectarianism is when hundreds are blown to bits in Baghdad or massacred in Srebrenica.

The one genuine sectarian murder since Mark Scott - the Muslim shopkeeper in Shawlands - was not prosecuted as being aggravated by religious prejudice even although it was perfectly obvious that was the case. In other words, 'sectarianism' in Scotland has been redefined to mean it cannot apply to anyone other than Protestants or Catholics.

'Sectarianism' exists in Scotland and it can lead to intimidation and low-level violence. However, it has never been made clear by politicians or the media why there is an almost exclusive focus on the language at football matches and why this takes priority over far more disturbing manifestations. In my view, the issue has been exploited by a series of politicians who for their own cynical political ends want to ensure that blame is attached to Rangers FC and its support.

Once again, the schools themselves are not being blamed, simply the societal division they entrench. However, the line we hear from politicians about 'it starts in the home' is pure deflection. They have control over schooling - thankfully, they have no control over what happens in our homes.

Would I Fck go near that hole :oops::D

Remember it when I was young...full of 'heeds' and folk who loved their music. Lived abroad for a few years and settled in Stirling when I returned.

Around then I met up with a couple of old mates of my Dad's who often took me to Ibrox and away games, great Bears, and suggested Pepe's for a few beers and was quickly warned of it's demise. mentally challenged cvnts.

A kids first experience of separation and being different is through schooling ,they can all be sat playing together pre school until and adult comes along and says “see that person you can’t go to the same school as them”...why not ? “Just because “ .

My sister in law was a teacher at Holyrood for near on 17 years & when the head of the department retired she thought she should have been a shoe in for the principle roll .NAW because she was not an RC she was not allowed to even apply for the job
Shocking but that's the way it was,she left & took up a similar position at Hillhead it still bugs me to this day how they get away from this form of apartheid
You should maybe drop a wee note to Angela Haggerty as she apparently is very much against discrimination against Irish? catholics , oh sorry I have just realised that this is about catholics discriminating against non catholics .
It would be interesting if your sister in law had taken this to an industrial tribunal saying that she was effectively discriminated against because she was not an RC thereby blocking her promotion prospects .
What I don't really understand about the need for separate education is apart from the religious (catholic) aspect everything else is the same or am I missing something do they for instance have a different interpretation of Pythagoras theorem , do they conjugate French verbs differently , do they have different maps for geography ,where I feel that they will differ from non denom schools would be in history for I feel that the reformation ,one of the defining moments in European and western history would be glossed over thereby missing out people like Martin Luther ,John Calvin and John Knox

Too many people think that those schools only exist in the West of Scotland and NI. They are all over the UK and exist without a problem. Our own manager went to one . The issue is deeply ingrained and it’s not going to change by making the schooling different. I honestly don’t know the religion of workmates, neighbours or my kids friends. When I lived back home I knew everybody’s from the postie to the paperboy.

You are so right in that religion is not a matter of common knowledge in West Sussex, nobody is bothered about it or is aware of the religion, if any, of neighbours, work colleagues etc.

From my experience having lived in Glasgow, Dundee and Inverness, Sectarian (RC) schools only existed in Glasgow and Dundee ( Dundee because of Irish immigrants arriving to work in the jute mills a long time ago, ( although whereas I don't know about Aberdeen, I am pretty sure there would be no, few RC schools there as the North East is, to use the word staunchly more likely to be rather more extreme protestantism - I may be wrong )

In my early days I lived about 100 yards from the RC Chapel, the 'father' was a nice guy and often spoke with my parents when walking his dog.

The whole thing is a disaster which separates people virtually at birth leaving young children wondering what is so different about 'those other children'

This is what causes all of the problems - Children attend state schools which are open to all so the RC policy of running their own schools is Sectarian in essence.

Yes non RC children could attend RC schools, which in a few cases may have afforded academic excellence, I say that with reference to the UK rather than Scotland as this problem is far less evident down south. Indeed SG attended a RC senior school in pursuit of footballing excellence !

So it has to recognised that the problem which is paramount in all this sectarian gash, is that it starts and will continue so long as the educational policy of the RC church continues,

Sad but true, it is the cause of much of our problems experienced today and I wish that some heads could be banged together in pursuit of a better environment for all children in the future !

Last edited:
Too many people think that those schools only exist in the West of Scotland and NI. They are all over the UK and exist without a problem. Our own manager went to one . The issue is deeply ingrained and it’s not going to change by making the schooling different. I honestly don’t know the religion of workmates, neighbours or my kids friends. When I lived back home I knew everybody’s from the postie to the paperboy.
Only in Scotland are catholic’s guaranteed a separate education and really there is only a handful Elsewhere and no every catholic will go. And I think catholic carry more Irish baggage in Scotland. In England you don’t see Irish Republicism/ anti British stuff. Scotland tolerates the anti British sentiment

This is the issue, sectarianism is caused by separating children attending religious schools when most people are atheists. Everyone should attend a non-Dom school if they still believe in their chosen religion fair does! Argue like %^*&, together! Separation, causes sectarianism amongst other things..

Catholic schools exist pure and simply to stamp 5 year old heads with a big RC. It's well documented that religion is only a small part of catholic schools tuition and it's main purpose is served once the ink is dry.

I am against all faith schools. You shouldn't be allowed cultist brainwashing in any form whether state funded or not.

There are very few people in the west of Scotland that are practising any kind of religion. Yet many hold on to the cultural baggage around the religion there forefathers practised.

Scotland is a secular society. We just need to shed the symbols of our past and fully embrace where we are.

Faith schools are one such symbol.

I have no faith at all. I just hate Celtic FC, I have nothing against Catholics whatsoever. This is the same for the vast majority of Rangers Fans (that I have came across in my lifetime).

Some of my best pals went to Catholic Schools and are Celtic Fans. I've been called an Orange B*stard countless times over the years and vice versa called them 19th Century Terrorist Bs. When it's the lead up to an Old Firm game, the WhatsApp Chats will be full of abuse and banter, there is a genuine hatred but it's a sporting rivalry, nothing more than that. When the game has passed, you just go back to normal and nothing about Orange or 19th Century Terrorists is even mentioned again until the next game.

I would wager that is the same for the vast majority of Rangers and Celtic Fans in this country.

There is no ''massive sectarian problem'' in this country. The way the media is potraying it, you'd think there was f*cking running battles in the streets between ''Protestants and Catholics''. It's an absolute embarrassment.

My sister in law was a teacher at Holyrood for near on 17 years & when the head of the department retired she thought she should have been a shoe in for the principle roll .NAW because she was not an RC she was not allowed to even apply for the job
Shocking but that's the way it was,she left & took up a similar position at Hillhead it still bugs me to this day how they get away from this form of apartheid

This religious discrimination of non catholic teachers in RC schools is another elephant in in room they cannot defend. They will do anything not to discuss this very topic because they know it is a big weakness in their RC schools philosophy.

Don’t know if it’s possible to do a FOIR for the number of non catholic teachers in senior positions within their schools. Very few if any I bet and totally disproportionate.

I cannot understand how they are allowed to get away with this discrimination on religious grounds.

Reactions: Gee
If RCs require "Exclusive Education", let them pay for the privilege, themselves.

It is then, that this issue, ends!

Last edited:
Reactions: Gee
There’s a catholic only secondary school where I am in England, no one pans my windows in because im a hun!

Its the “we’re ra sellik and their pyur hun bastarts” thats the problem. Until the current and previous generation cut it out the next generation will keep it going
The difference is in England the Catholic Church pays for the school up here it’s the Scottish taxpayer and I object to paying for this ! Education has no place for religious teaching that’s for the churches

The fuse has been well and truly lit, good on people for actually speaking up now wish they had did it from the get go. There should never have been bigot factories in the first place separating kids after nursery is fucked up the RC church created this mess.

Town were am from recently built a new super school were the 4 schools including 3 primary n academy the local catholic primary demanded and got a separate entrance

They dont mind discrimination as long as they're the ones discriminating.

The fuse has been well and truly lit, good on people for actually speaking up now wish they had did it from the get go. There should never have been bigot factories in the first place separating kids after nursery is fucked up the RC church created this mess.

They've now got RC nurseries eg St Mary's in Whifflet, Coatbridge. It used to be non denominational and called Coatholm nursery but NLC closed it down then re-opened it as St Mary's. No one noticed.

He's 100% correct.I used to have a guy in my street that went to an rc school.Whenever his dad saw him hang about with us he'd shout from the window "play with folk from your own school".We where primary age.Turned out his da was a horrible bitter person who I'd never have time for in adult life.

Kind off however scotland pays for them through govt not including NI, but England and Wales have to apply to meet school funding requirements and are partially funded by the Catholic Church and the catchment rules down south are wider than example in Scotland that anyone can attend, in Scotland the catchment distance is bare min or is based on religious grounds. So it's generally just catholics that attend with the token non Catholic unlike the schools in England Wales which have a wider and more diverse attendance of religions.

Is different mentalities in that yes their is an ingrained distrust in Scotland on both sides of the other in some cases hatred - the schooling system here does have an effect as it seperate young kids at a young age where they're are already issues there it emphasises the problem.

The big cities in England have religious issues as well but are more diverse culture of many many religious beliefs so there is not the same ingrained hatred, better example are apartheid schooling south Africa, or the southern States of the USA when integrated schooling became forced - seems extreme but there is that level of hate and distrust in Scotland between the divide and the only true way to stop it and to make it die of over time is is to remove the barrier of been seperated at a young age and even then will take generations for attitudes to change

The difference is in England the Catholic Church pays for the school up here it’s the Scottish taxpayer and I object to paying for this ! Education has no place for religious teaching that’s for the churches
Tbh, I have no idea how it works up there but evdn the catholic shools down here have to stick to the curriculum. They’re not permitted to step too far outside of it. It means that down here they dont really get any specific catholic teachings. But I only know what I know as a Governor at a non-denomination school.

Having said that, my wife’s two step sisters both attended a catholic school down here and both are single mothers before their 20 and not interested in working. So maybe there is something similar going on besides bigotry :)

Isn't it because in England the catholic church pays for its schools where as in Scotland its the tax payer.

If you can be bothered have a look at the research by Tajfel et al into 'minimal groups'.

They showed that separating people into different groups led to discrimination in favour of their own group and bias against other groups.

The beauty of this research was that the groups didnt even exist. The participants simply began to favour the charactetistics of their 'in group' and dislike the characteristics of the 'out group'.

There can be no debate. Segregation leads to discrimination.

Chic Young is the equivalent of erselicker extraordinaire when it comes to them, expect an apology from him in the coming days saying that’s not what he meant.

A guy that has sooked every rung of the ladder to get where he is today.

Tbh, I have no idea how it works up there but evdn the catholic shools down here have to stick to the curriculum. They’re not permitted to step too far outside of it. It means that down here they dont really get any specific catholic teachings. But I only know what I know as a Governor at a non-denomination school.

Having said that, my wife’s two step sisters both attended a catholic school down here and both are single mothers before their 20 and not interested in working. So maybe there is something similar going on besides bigotry :)

When you say curriculum you're probably referring to the syllabus. The curriculum isnt just what is taught. Its more than that and every educational establishment has a 'hidden' curriculum. This might be what RCs refer to in their schools as their RC ethos. I call it indoctrination.

If you can be bothered have a look at the research by Tajfel et al into 'minimal groups'.

They showed that separating people into different groups led to discrimination in favour of their own group and bias against other groups.

The beauty of this research was that the groups didnt even exist. The participants simply began to favour the charactetistics of their 'in group' and dislike the characteristics of the 'out group'.

There can be no debate. Segregation leads to discrimination.

Let’s expand on that then .

Do kids who go to different youth groups like cub scouts instead of the boys brigade also have these feelings ? Kids who play for one football team over another ? Kids who live in a certain part of town instead of another ? Of course they do .

This isn’t some newly found phenomenon.

My argument is , we all grow up with these feelings in some way or another .

Do we blame them all when someone becomes a religious extremist as the example an earlier poster gave of “ brit bastard “ guy? When does the person take responsibility? Why is that his schools fault ?

I am well aware people can have pride/be territorial / tribal almost regarding a number of factors including school when they are growing up .

I’m also smaware that it’s a lazy answer to just say “ ah that 35 year old guy called Steve Clarke / kris Boyd a 19th Century Terrorist/orange bastard because he went to a different school “ .

It’s lazy and absurd . To me anyway .

Just a thought, what do you do if named person was Father O'Feely an upstanding pillor of society, references from his friends in high society, portraying him as a wonderful person, does loads of charitable work blah de blah only to find out later he is a paedo, is it only one child or numerous children who they could have access to, it makes you wonder what goes on in their heads in their attempt at being so politically correct they miss the big picture or you could be a bit more cynical and believe they are providing opportunities for their friends, wouldn't surprise me one bit.
When you have a country going into meltdown over a song sung at a football match involving Rangers whilst they suffer from selective blindness and deafness over the exact same song being sung by supporters of their club of choice, what chance have you got.
From hanging effigies, alledgedly messed up deliberately by the police to scupper the prosecution of the offenders, the self-serving vote catchers are taking this country down a dark and sinister road with their appeasement towards Celtic football club and their supporters.
Sure as night follows day up pops Humza useless, dornan and their ilk to denounce sectarianism or in their case selectarianism, meanwhile the biggest scandal in world sport is sitting on their doorstep and not a peep from any of them, why?
Could it be their prejudice getting in the way of justice, are they afraid of a politicised football club and their supporters who are given free reign to do as they please with their tacit and complicit support all in the name of independence and their hatred of Great Britain.
Is it just me or anyone else who cant see this country turning into another Northern Ireland through their constant demonisation of anything they see as remotely British from the Rangers support to Orange walks, they have adopted the politics of Sinn Fein/IRA whole heartedly only their version is of the plastic variety but for how long will it be that version, if they don't achieve their political aims would they adopt the tactics of their terrorist brothers across the water.
A bit far fetched maybe but I for one would not discount it they have radicalised 2 or 3
Generations of children since the hunger strikes to hate everything we stand for. If it can happen to Muslim children then why not the children of the Plastic Paddies. As for the politicians in this country you reap what you sow.
Kick them Out.

Given the revelations over recent years about the RC church and the sexual misconduct of members of its flock, the fact this organisation runs schools is pretty out there!

Religious schooling should be phased out, no more new ones built with public money, with a long term goal of all schools being non denominational.

And the fact that these Scots can ideally discriminate about who they employ is another reason they have no place in modern society.

Said it a few times the past couple of days separate schools starts the divide and when Catholic schools indoctrinate the kids it’s no wonder we have religious problems

It won’t happen overnight and would take decades but have one inclusive school system would definitely help but I don’t think it will ever stop

It’s all inclusive schools in the highlands , only reason we knew who the catholic’s were in our class was because they told us they went to some religious classes after school instead of playing football with us in the park !!!

Let’s expand on that then .

Do kids who go to different youth groups like cub scouts instead of the boys brigade also have these feelings ? Kids who play for one football team over another ? Kids who live in a certain part of town instead of another ? Of course they do .

This isn’t some newly found phenomenon.

My argument is , we all grow up with these feelings in some way or another .

Do we blame them all when someone becomes a religious extremist as the example an earlier poster gave of “ brit bastard “ guy? When does the person take responsibility? Why is that his schools fault ?

I am well aware people can have pride/be territorial / tribal almost regarding a number of factors including school when they are growing up .

I’m also smaware that it’s a lazy answer to just say “ ah that 35 year old guy called Steve Clarke / kris Boyd a 19th Century Terrorist/orange bastard because he went to a different school “ .

It’s lazy and absurd . To me anyway .

The point is segregation leads to discrimination. There's nothing "lazy" about stating that. There can be no justification for educational apartheid in a modern society. Church is the place for religion.

To take up your point further. Cannabis is seen as a 'gateway' drug. Many serious drug addicts began by using cannabis but many cannabis users do not go on to use hard drugs.

Attending a sectarian school does not automatically lead to someone becoming a bigot. The point is it doesnt help.

If they are serious about tackling sectarianism then they need to dismantle the segregation of our children based on the religious preference of parents. And that means RC parents like Steve Clarke who doesnt like discrimination. The hypocrite.

When you say curriculum you're probably referring to the syllabus. The curriculum isnt just what is taught. Its more than that and every educational establishment has a 'hidden' curriculum. This might be what RCs refer to in their schools as their RC ethos. I call it indoctrination.
That’ll be it. Like I say, I have no idea what actually goes on inside these places, but I can imagine it’s something I wouldn’t agree with even if I wasn’t s Protestant.

But I really don’t think it’s a “we must hate proddies” thing.

According to my wife her father was never into football until I came along and made no secret of being a Rangers fan. He now gives it hun this and OB that and even the kids he’s sent to catholic school (not my wife) think it’s bizarre at best. Maybe it’s because I make so secret of being a Bear and he wants to have a go, or maybe me coming along gave him a chance to express his suppressed bigotry. He’s from Lisburn btw and was brought up during the troubles.

Yes I hate the kunt and insist my kids having nothing to do with him. Not because he’s like that but because I won’t have him negatively influencing my kids towards their father and their country.

Last edited:
Steve Clarke made a comment about Rangers not employing RCs before the 80s but what Steve didnt mention was these poor discriminated against catholics refuse to send their kids to school with anyone other than RCs. He's happy to discriminate against others but doesnt like it when it affects him.

In East Kilbride where I live, having these separate schools means that all my friends And I have no friends in our group who are Celtic supporters and I kinda like that! However if we are to move on as society then mixing the kids can only be a good thing. Certainly speaking from experience when I was younger and we played football against a Catholic school we all viewed it as a derby match against our enemy and the tackles went in a wee bit harder. As time has went on, even the team I play in at over 35 level still has very few Celtic supporters in it due to us all coming from teams that weren’t Catholic leaning when we were younger. I’d welcome a one school for all system that will eradicate the scourge of religion and allow for a more harmonious society. Mostly this whole sectarian issue is played upon by the media, but there is a society split due to Catholic schools.

Back