Chick Young suggests the "perfect fit" to replace Lennon

Hughes would not have been the worst candidate.
Chic is correct, a perfect fit for Celtc. I have often wondered if this has or will be taken further?

McCafferty on former footballer and coach John ‘Yogi’ Hughes:

“I was helping out at Hibs at the time and Big Yogi, John Hughes, who was the manager and Yogi was a bugger for, you know he was into this devilment, sort of a laugh and a joke.

“He would say to me: ‘Right come on Jim, let’s get the bastards.’ And the point is he would go in and turn the lights out and start you know, the shenanigans, you know, a bit of kidology with them sort of thing, horseplay.

“It went too far. It didn’t involve myself because he was my pal big Yogi. It happened. He got carried away with himself one day and one of the younger boys - about 21, 22 at the particular time, Yogi had given him a right ripping and he came to me.

“He said, ‘Jim, I think I’ve made a blunder.’ I said, ‘Right, what’s up?’

“He said ‘I can’t remember the boy’s name now. I just had a right go at him and I’ve maybe gone a wee bit too far.’ He was concerned about how the parents and supporters would have thought about that.”

I take my hat off to the man.
It canny be easy tae be an absolute wanker for all those years.
Well in Dung.

Chick away doon tae Largs and sail of on yer wee boat, you are totally irrelevant and absolutely no one would miss you. Now F@ck off.

Hughes would actually admit they were shite if they were shite and that wouldn't go down well with the tramps who need to blame it on outside sources every time.

Who says Chick is clueless? :rolleyes:

Pundit Chick Young has claimed Celtic should have appointed John Hughes as manager before he was snapped up by Ross County.

Current boss Neil Lennon is under pressure after a run of poor results, with suggestions that the likes of Eddie Howe could replace him.

But Young feels Peter Lawwell and the board should have looked a lot closer to home for the ideal man to take the club forward.

He insisted on BBC Radio Scotland : "If we take Neil out of the equation for a moment the one man who would have been salvation for Celtic I think was staring them in the face.

"And the work he's doing at Ross County has proven that. " John Hughes, where Celtic are at the moment, would have been an absolutely perfect fit."

Hearts striker Steven Naismith was a guest on the programme and seemed rather baffled by the suggestion. He responded: "If I'm honest I don't think the fans would have been happy with that.
"I just think on the back of Brendan Rodgers, the success they've had, the signings they've made... that's what Celtic have seen.

"They've enjoyed the football, winning the trophies, arguably not in Europe but that's where they've been.
"For me if they're moving on the manager they need to move back to that level.

"That's what's going to appease the fans.

"If you then go to a manager who has mainly managed in Scotland and been out of work for a while, I think they wouldn't have been happy."

Chick Young was only tolerated for so long because he gave the mentally challenged majority of presenters on various radio shows a token Rangers fan to mock. The more he protested he was a St Mirren fan the more they piled it on.
I recall one show him bemoaning the case of Rangers and celtc hoovering up all the young Scottish talent but not getting them into the first team, then the very next week wailing that the supposed whizz kid Barry Lavety going down to england was a disgrace and Rangers or celtc should have snapped him up to keep him in Scotland.

Brilliaaaaaaant
They thought they were getting Mourinho or Benitez and got the Lurgan Bigot, they don't even seem to want Howe and will end up with Steve Clarke. Know your place!

John Hughes, get him signed!! In fact Mowbray is doing well again!

Poor Yogi just became their Tommy Wright, if I was him I’d lamp the wee shitehawk.

Chic is correct, a perfect fit for Celtc. I have often wondered if this has or will be taken further?

“I was helping out at Hibs at the time and Big Yogi, John Hughes, who was the manager and Yogi was a bugger for, you know he was into this devilment, sort of a laugh and a joke.

“He would say to me: ‘Right come on Jim, let’s get the bastards.’ And the point is he would go in and turn the lights out and start you know, the shenanigans, you know, a bit of kidology with them sort of thing, horseplay.

“It went too far. It didn’t involve myself because he was my pal big Yogi. It happened. He got carried away with himself one day and one of the younger boys - about 21, 22 at the particular time, Yogi had given him a right ripping and he came to me.

“He said ‘I can’t remember the boy’s name now. I just had a right go at him and I’ve maybe gone a wee bit too far.’ He was concerned about how the parents and supporters would have thought about that.”

The John Hughes FF fan club won’t be liking you right now. You’re sullying their favourite ’Tim’.

They’ll have to go back to feltching Brian Rice :eek: :cool:B-)

Going against the grain, but I agree. It wouldn't be the worst appointment. Hughes seems to be a good communicator. I have no idea how good it would be. You can never tell for sure.

It would obviously go down like a lead balloon with the Rhabids.

If theyd appointed him the day after county beat them, they'd be a lot closer to us now.

And now we're just taking McCafferty's word as gospel?

So out of touch its unreal. Yogi is no doubt a decent manager for bottom half SPFL sides but the bheggars would be rioting outside the stadium if he was appointed.

I think they'll go down the Scott Brown route but I know little to nothing, though that is probably more than Young

This place would be a riot if he was ever appointed their manager, there's a strange love-in with Huges on this board.
Of course there is and, frankly, had Ra Sellick had a team of guid honest laddies who prefered fish suppers from the lang toon rather than a break in Dubai they'd not be in the pickle they're in now.

I have a large collection of butt-plugs.

McGhee%2C_Mark.jpg

A John Hughes or a Mick McCarthy should be their next manager. Or they should just keep Lennon because they won’t get better than him.

They’ve no money for a rebuild.

The John Hughes FF fan club won’t be liking you right now. You’re sullying their favourite ’Tim’.

They’ll have to go back to feltching Brian Rice :eek: :cool:B-)

Tough keech on a doo's leg, he's obviously been brought up in the "Celtc way" and should be investigated.

The justice system did when he pled guilty.

Are you suggesting we take his word for gospel only on certain subjects?

Yeah. That's exaclty what I'm suggesting. Do you take the word of every convicted criminal that pled guilty on everything else they say? Are you suggesting it's impossible, or even improbable, for someone to plead guilty to a crime but lie about something else?

Chick Young is as knowledgeable as Gordon Dalziel . That’s the level of presenters in the Scottish game . Washed up non personalities who should have been replaced years ago .

Chuck Dung is an attention seeking has-been. Spotted County have had a couple results and used all the hindsight he could muster in suggesting JH should have gone to Celtic despite Celtic seemingly standing by TLB. An empty vessel of a 'journo'. Anyone seen Eoinn Jess ?

Yeah. That's exaclty what I'm suggesting. Do you take the word of every convicted criminal that pled guilty on everything else they say? Are you suggesting it's impossible, or even improbable, for someone to plead guilty to a crime but lie about something else?
It certainly would be a strange thing to lie about but I suppose you have to come up with some sort of mental gymnastics to ensure that FF’s favourite ex-Celtc players name is not tarnished :eek:

I’m sure if it was untrue the Hughes would have taken legal action as surely these allegations could ruin one’s reputation. Maybe I missed his lawyers getting involved. Did you?

They could do a lot worse than Hughes. His playing career and his articulacy would suggest otherwise but he always gets his teams playing good football. For a non foreigner I doubt he has the required levels of bitterness demanded by their support.

Who says Chick is clueless? :rolleyes:

Pundit Chick Young has claimed Celtic should have appointed John Hughes as manager before he was snapped up by Ross County.

Current boss Neil Lennon is under pressure after a run of poor results, with suggestions that the likes of Eddie Howe could replace him.

But Young feels Peter Lawwell and the board should have looked a lot closer to home for the ideal man to take the club forward.

He insisted on BBC Radio Scotland : "If we take Neil out of the equation for a moment the one man who would have been salvation for Celtic I think was staring them in the face.

"And the work he's doing at Ross County has proven that. " John Hughes, where Celtic are at the moment, would have been an absolutely perfect fit."

Hearts striker Steven Naismith was a guest on the programme and seemed rather baffled by the suggestion. He responded: "If I'm honest I don't think the fans would have been happy with that.
"I just think on the back of Brendan Rodgers, the success they've had, the signings they've made... that's what Celtic have seen.

"They've enjoyed the football, winning the trophies, arguably not in Europe but that's where they've been.
"For me if they're moving on the manager they need to move back to that level.

"That's what's going to appease the fans.

"If you then go to a manager who has mainly managed in Scotland and been out of work for a while, I think they wouldn't have been happy."
Get it done! Season ticket sales would go off a cliff. That said Hughes actually comes across as a decent bloke with a solid work ethic and the kind of manager players would want to play for...more than can be said for a certain snarling snus abuser.

Chick Young is as knowledgeable as Gordon Dalziel . That’s the level of presenters in the Scottish game . Washed up non personalities who should have been replaced years ago .
A dinosaur. He's woeful on radio, always has been.

A name dropper that every time he's on still squeezes in "what a night that was in xxxxxx, but that's another story", as if anyone listening has the slightest interest in him. Notice that he never finishes any sentence that he starts, as he jumps from point to point going down dead end after dead end.

It's truly remarkable that he's made a living out of it for so many years.

A dinosaur. He's woeful on radio, always has been.

A name dropper that every time he's on still squeezes in "what a night that was in xxxxxx, but that's another story", as if anyone listening has the slightest interest in him. Notice that he never finishes any sentence that he starts, as he jumps from point to point going down dead end after dead end.

It's truly remarkable that he's made a living out of it for so many years.
Totally agree.
If you were a young aspiring journalist in Scotland you must be wondering what the hell you need do to get a gig .
They are talentless clowns and when I say clowns they enjoy being laughed at , that’s the limit if their ability.
What I can’t understand with the equality laws as they stand just now at the BBC how is it still full of long serving , white, talentless low grade hacks .

Back