Chief Superintendent Mark Sutherland warns Rangers Supporters

g5zQ7P8.gif

They criticise our very existence mate, we could solve world hunger and they would find a way to moan about it. No need for an ‘opportunity’ for blame.
At least make them work for it.. thousands gathering after being now told not to leaves an open goal.

This should have been sorted out weeks ago.

Imo, because of the last time, I could see them going in heavy handed and it could result in terrible press for our club.

The police and government would be at fault but it wouldn't be spun that way.

We should box clever here.
You know I think that’s a possibility as everything the police do today is political. As an example there were a crowd of Asians in George Square today with Palestinian flags and not a policeperson in sight.

Furthermore the city centre was damn busy yesterday and no one gave a flying one

I think Rangers fans should go along and have the time of their lives. Any negative interactions with police should be recorded and people prepared to go witness to any abuse of power.
I wasn’t going to go but now I will

The only negative I can see with the plan for Saturday is when the club try to put pressure on authorities to let us back in the stadium ahead of schedule at the start of next season or use Ibrox for a test event they will tell the club to GTF.

The only negative I can see with the plan for Saturday is when the club try to put pressure on authorities to let us back in the stadium ahead of schedule at the start of next season or use Ibrox for a test event they will tell the club to GTF.
I dont think for a minute they would use us for a test event in any circumstances. They hate us so we are on a loser whatever we do. Might as well enjoy ourselves

Are you implying we will be treated differently to other clubs?

For anyone not getting the real message.

They know they cant stop the Rangers support, the ‘redacted’ stuff from March confirms that.

So all thats left is to create media narrative so all the reporters and camera folk are waiting for us on Saturday.

Its actually the same play as GMP in 2008.

Enjoy your day.

I think I know where you are coming from but there is no way on earth that a city council should be told what to do by a bunch of football supporters.

There is a legitimate concern that this is all going to end with disturbances, flashpoints and Rangers FC/Rangers supporters being widely criticised. As someone said above - we need to box a bit more clever here and not invite the opportunity for “blame”.
Agreed but GCC remove street furniture for any event or mass gathering at George square. Today they have posted a video of their new planters in the square. I reckon they will leave all the street furniture in place to give them ammunition when it inevitably gets accidentally broken.

It’s not for a bunch of football supporters to tell them what to do… but it’s for them to preempt any sort of situation where damage or safety could be impacted. And they should be preempting this for Saturday without doubt. But they will leave it in place for the faux outrage on Monday.

Agreed but GCC remove street furniture for any event or mass gathering at George square. Today they have posted a video of their new planters in the square. I reckon they will leave all the street furniture in place to give them ammunition when it inevitably gets accidentally broken.

It’s not for a bunch of football supporters to tell them what to do… but it’s for them to preempt any sort of situation where damage or safety could be impacted. And they should be preempting this for Saturday without doubt. But they will leave it in place for the faux outrage on Monday.
If they don’t remove the seats this time it’s there own fault.

Here's a few words you'll see.

Riot, shameful, disgraceful, drunken, sectarian, vandalism, arrests, fighting, benches, damage, terrifying, injured, blame etc.
And no fucks given especially when they realise Saturday is just the start of our celebrations
They’ve got a full summer to look forward to.

Whatever happens there will be massive fake outrage from the media
Indeed there will be. This thread is the beginning of it and hopefully bears aren't taking the media bait which is trying to turn this into Rangers fans vs Police in the hope of mass disorder and more ammunition for them to use against us. Leave that type of stuff to the mhank fans.

FWIW I know for a fact there was quiet, internal praise from the very top for the way the gatherings at Ibrox and Geo Sq were handled by the police the last time. Aside from some pissed bams who couldn't take a telling and some hangers-on nothing to do with Rangers, there was no bother at all.

I'd expect much the same this time around, sensible management of any gatherings and hopefully people enjoy themselves but don't take the piss either.

Oh, GCC are certainly at it with the footage of new planters.. lining it up nicely to have a pop at Rangers/Rangers fans.
Removing the planters would be a pragmatic and sensible action given that they should expect thousands to appear, most of them half canned. There’s no chance that GCC will take such an easy & pragmatic step!

They will passively give enough area for confusion & conflict of opinion to lead to shitty headlines on Sunday & Monday.

Hope Rangers come out and say to stay away, This will stop the headlines already writing for Sunday . Don’t give them the ammunition to blame club. Put it all on police

Indeed there will be. This thread is the beginning of it and hopefully bears aren't taking the media bait which is trying to turn this into Rangers fans vs Police in the hope of mass disorder and more ammunition for them to use against us. Leave that type of stuff to the mhank fans.

FWIW I know for a fact there was quiet, internal praise from the very top for the way the gatherings at Ibrox and Geo Sq were handled by the police the last time. Aside from some pissed bams who couldn't take a telling and some hangers-on nothing to do with Rangers, there was no bother at all.

I'd expect much the same this time around, sensible management of any gatherings and hopefully people enjoy themselves but don't take the piss either.
Excellent post. I still fume about Manchester and the danger the GMP put us in, yet we got slaughtered for rioting.

We should definitely celebrate, but the authorities should be accommodating the fans (fan zones etc), the same as they should have done in Manchester.

Hopefully the Union Bears will post on their platforms highlighting the danger of taking the bait and having too many angry bears instead of joyous ones. Celebrate and enjoy the day WATP

hopefully what they say and do are two different things as this time they can expect 5 to 10 time the numbers we saw for the St Boo game we also need to self police as much as we can and don’t let ppl take liberties

Saturday will be carnage in Glasgow. Ive not got a good feeling about this, weather forecast looks indifferent and could be a positive factor.

True, but...

Can you imagine that if instead of issuing some futile, lazy "big bad Rangers fans" warning he had come out and said something along the lines of "We understand many Rangers will be enjoying celebrations this weekend, and so it is for that reason we want to work with these people to..."and then laid out how we can make things more manageable so the day goes by without any sour incidents?

It's happening regardless, so either work with us or get to fcuk.
Sorry mate, far too sensible.

Back