Chief Superintendent Mark Sutherland warns Rangers Supporters

I'm going to pretend I haven't read anything.
Don’t need to pretend. Just read it, even buy the paper and wipe your arse with it and go and have a party.

there has been no ‘spikes’ after any mass outdoor events. Globally. It’s a sham

Maybe the copper should focus on crime

Excellent post. I still fume about Manchester and the danger the GMP put us in, yet we got slaughtered for rioting.

We should definitely celebrate, but the authorities should be accommodating the fans (fan zones etc), the same as they should have done in Manchester.

Hopefully the Union Bears will post on their platforms highlighting the danger of taking the bait and having too many angry bears instead of joyous ones. Celebrate and enjoy the day WATP
Rangers & scottish police didn't help either predicting i think only 40000 or 60,000 (cant remember the silly number) travelling down, everyone underestimated it.

It's because of the flag we fly. It's that simple.

In this nationalist toilet of a country they cannot cope with seeing it on the streets.
It's as simple as that mate, absolutely bang on.

The articles will already be in place and the chattering classes will have plenty to chatter about this weekend.

The cheese and wine parties will be buzzing in the west end.

Rangers & scottish police didn't help either predicting i think only 40000 or 60,000 (cant remember the silly number) travelling down, everyone underestimated it.
Even if they had estimated it correctly it would have been very difficult to accommodate 200,000+ people in a city centre for toilets, food, drink and public safety.

There is no comparison to what will realistically be 20-30k in Glasgow and [as long as everyone behaves] what will be a very measured policing response.

If we could have a peaceful march it would be fine. IF the club ask fans not to go I presume that most will go against our club and go. At my age I cant go anyway but I hate to think a few mindless twits will spoil a celebration and once again we will get a bad name. Would not be surprised of some of the green brigade turn just to ensure there is trouble. I hope the celebrations go well and there are plenty of Union Flags on show but I do fear this will not go well for the club so please let it be a good day and show we can enjoy ourselves without getting a bad name.

According to Keef the Scottish government are going to demand that Rangers keep our fans off the streets. WTF

Not unexpected. Indeed it was forecast earlier in the thread that Rangers would be ‘required’ to put out statements discouraging Saturdays events. The Club will do so, of course. Doesn’t really change anything. In fact it would probably have been better if we’d come out and made this gesture - and that’s no more than it is - without giving Nippy the opportunity to get some publicity out if it.

So everyone in Scotland is allowed to go shopping, meet in parks, eat out in restaurants and drink in beer gardens. However, Rangers fans must stay of the streets and stay at home. Hang on till I eat this big bap. White noise, with absolutely no legal substance. People fearing the SNP and media backlash from this weekend, needn't worry. Any criticism will fade as we approach the mass nationalist rally next weekend.

Just do your own thing with your small groups. No need to trumpet anything, just everyone enjoy their weekend the same as anyone else in Britain. Lots of groups of us in Glasgow will make for a great day ;)

Indeed there will be. This thread is the beginning of it and hopefully bears aren't taking the media bait which is trying to turn this into Rangers fans vs Police in the hope of mass disorder and more ammunition for them to use against us. Leave that type of stuff to the mhank fans.

FWIW I know for a fact there was quiet, internal praise from the very top for the way the gatherings at Ibrox and Geo Sq were handled by the police the last time. Aside from some pissed bams who couldn't take a telling and some hangers-on nothing to do with Rangers, there was no bother at all.

I'd expect much the same this time around, sensible management of any gatherings and hopefully people enjoy themselves but don't take the piss either.

The issue wont be the behaviour of the fans. The issue will be the way its reported. The press will seek out comments from anyone with anything negative to say.

I wrote before we won the league that our celebrations would be heavily criticised NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENED.

The problem stems from the bigots and haters in the media and the ONLY SOLUTION is for Rangers to employ a professional researcher to gather and present evidence of the double standards, bias and lies. We have to prove it. There's no point in complaining about isolated incidents. It makes no difference. Even if they apologise they simply carry on attacking and attacking.

Dont be surprised to read once again that our celebrations are disgraceful, shameful and carried out by drunken thugs and bigots. Its as obvious as night follows day.

The question we need answered is, what are Rangers going to do about it?

Even if they had estimated it correctly it would have been very difficult to accommodate 200,000+ people in a city centre for toilets, food, drink and public safety.

There is no comparison to what will realistically be 20-30k in Glasgow and [as long as everyone behaves] what will be a very measured policing response.
There will be a lot more than 20-30k

It would so much more sense if they opened the pubs on Saturday rather than Monday and funnel people into pubs

Why dont the police stop being stupid, they know its going to happen, so why not work with the club, the fans groups and the council and organise it.
They can’t. The minute they do that the Covid restrictions are finished . The police help organise a mass gathering and everyone else stops listening. That’s the real reason the govt are demanding hard action. %^*& them

They can’t. The minute they do that the Covid restrictions are finished . The police help organise a mass gathering and everyone else stops listening. That’s the real reason the govt are demanding hard action. %^*& them

The only restrictions that are in place now are ones that affect business with licences that have to abide by them. The lockdown is over already.

The only restrictions that are in place now are ones that affect business with licences that have to abide by them. The lockdown is over already.
Still some restrictions on other mass gatherings but . If they police organise this they can’t say no to others. The police, the govt, rangers will all realise statements. They will make no difference .

I personally have a bad feeling about Saturday . It will start off fine at Ibrox and the March but give it to 5/6pm with places running out of booze/been told to shut by police, a small number of arseholes both without our fan base and the police and I fear it turns violent at some point. If they were smart they would fence off George square entirely and privately ask the UB to March elsewhere . Maybe bellahouston park.

Agree, thats why Manchester city centre should never have happened. Should have been able to watch game in Old Trafford football and cricket grounds with remainder watching in Trafford park. Should have been set up like a festival but the city fathers wanted the business and the moaned like fukc about the mess. Was a shambles. Given that lesdon PS and GCC should be on the front foot here, any consequences from Saturday lie at their door

If we could have a peaceful march it would be fine. IF the club ask fans not to go I presume that most will go against our club and go. At my age I cant go anyway but I hate to think a few mindless twits will spoil a celebration and once again we will get a bad name. Would not be surprised of some of the green brigade turn just to ensure there is trouble. I hope the celebrations go well and there are plenty of Union Flags on show but I do fear this will not go well for the club so please let it be a good day and show we can enjoy ourselves without getting a bad name.
It doesn't matter what we do, cause bother and the yahoo/ nat infested media will be outraged. Behave impeccably and the same yahoo / nat infested media will feign outrage at litter or something equally as trivial while inventing stories about polis vans being blocked or some other similar pish. I hope 10's of thousands of bears have a great time, I just wish I could be there.

He can hardly say no Pyro no party to be fair just hope all stay safe and have fun, there will be headlines for sure

All this week:-

Police warn Rangers fans
SNP warn Rangers fans
Police warn Rangers to warn Rangers fans
SNP warn Rangers to warn Rangers fans

After this weekend:-

Police slam Rangers and Rangers fans
SNP Police slam Rangers and Rangers fans

...and theres no combination of events that will stop those things occurring.

Saturday will be tremendous in Glasgow. We’ve waited a long time for this, weather forecast will play no part in our celebrations

that better?
My concern is more about the Police reaction and the mix of green and grey dissidents rather than the minority of our own who will make a RIP roaring arse of themselves and held up in the public by a media keen to portray them as typical of our fanbase.

Police warn Rangers fans
SNP warn Rangers fans

In a nutshell.

Has warned Rangers supporters not to go along for a Party on Saturday he should go and take a running fcuk to himself the whole town is packed to the gunnels and nothing is being said.

Chief Superintendent Mark Sutherland,
43VhXrq.gif

Police warn Rangers fans
SNP warn Rangers fans

Until this happens a week later and they all go missing.....

Aye but they did
I have heard the arseholes aren't even allowing players and coaching teams families into the stadium on Saturday.

Thousands of our fans must have voted for the arseholes last week as well.
I’m sad to say I know some one a Season ticket holder as well I work beside him couldn’t sit beside him though.

Last edited:

It doesnt matter how well behaved we are. The press will slaughter us, again.

No, it's a deliberate act, it is enticement, encouraging the Rangers support to vandalise, for want of a better word.

These vermin want you to damage these benches.
Surely our fans are capable of behaving themselves at a celebration but if they cant then equally surely the more responsible ones can self-police on the day. FFS its not asking much, unless some are deliberately going out to cause damage...in which case they need their arses kicked.

No, it's a deliberate act, it is enticement, encouraging the Rangers support to vandalise, for want of a better word.

These vermin want you to damage these benches.

I read an article on one of the supporters' websites from the Sun. It was encouraging fans to celebrate and justifying similar celebrations across Europe. It made me suspicious of their motives.

Back