Chief Superintendent Mark Sutherland warns Rangers Supporters

Surely our fans are capable of behaving themselves at a celebration but if they cant then equally surely the more responsible ones can self-police on the day. FFS its not asking much, unless some are deliberately going out to cause damage...in which case they need their arses kicked.

Thousands of fans dancing around, singing, drinking and letting off flares is guaranteed to cause some damage. Anyone expecting no damage and no problems is going to be very disappointed.

The press will be writing the headlines now.

Still some restrictions on other mass gatherings but . If they police organise this they can’t say no to others. The police, the govt, rangers will all realise statements. They will make no difference .

I personally have a bad feeling about Saturday . It will start off fine at Ibrox and the March but give it to 5/6pm with places running out of booze/been told to shut by police, a small number of arseholes both without our fan base and the police and I fear it turns violent at some point. If they were smart they would fence off George square entirely and privately ask the UB to March elsewhere . Maybe bellahouston park.

Its a certainty.

The club can put out whatever message they like this week.

It will not stop anyone who has already decided they're going to Glasgow to not go through.

I can't wait for the anger from everyone else before it, can't wait to celebrate it myself and I can't wait for the faux outrage in the aftermath.

Drinking it in.

I read an article on one of the supporters' websites from the Sun. It was encouraging fans to celebrate and justifying similar celebrations across Europe. It made me suspicious of their motives.
Maybe we were allowed to win the league so we could celebrate and cause damage? How far does this conspiracy go!?

Thousands of fans dancing around, singing, drinking and letting off flares is guaranteed to cause some damage. Anyone expecting no damage and no problems is going to be very disappointed.

The press will be writing the headlines now.
I'm sorry but anyone approaching the day with that mindset should maybe consider staying at home. Like it or not, when you wear the Club's colours in public you are representing the Club. Anything stupid you or anyone else does then reflects on the Club. C'mon, a wee bit of common sense eh ?

I'm sorry but anyone approaching the day with that mindset should maybe consider staying at home. Like it or not, when you wear the Club's colours in public you are representing the Club. Anything stupid you or anyone else does then reflects on the Club. C'mon, a wee bit of common sense eh ?

Im not attending mate. I live in England.

You've missed the point. Im not advocatting bad behaviour. Im pointing out that thousands of Rangers fans celebrating in the city centre will inevitably lead to problems. This coupled with a hate filled press will turn what should be a good day into a PR disaster.

Use your "common sense", mate.

Was already 100% joining in the celebrations and see the more patronising these ars3holes get (government,police etc) the more i'm totally doing the opposite of what they say.

You've missed the point. Im not advocatting bad behaviour. Im pointing out that thousands of Rangers fans celebrating in the city centre will inevitably lead to problems. This coupled with a hate filled press will turn what should be a good day into a PR disaster.

My point is thousands of Rangers fans celebrating in the city centre need not 'inevitably lead to problems'. If folk cant have fun without vandalism then really they shouldn't be there.

My point is thousands of Rangers fans celebrating in the city centre need not 'inevitably lead to problems'. If folk cant have fun without vandalism then really they shouldn't be there.

Let me ask you two genuine question.

Do you think there will be problems?

Do you think we'll be heavily criticised in the media?

With any large gatherings, especially where drink is involved then there is likely to be problems, which leads me on to your next question, it doesn’t matter how small the problems are, yes we will be criticised and the problems will be exaggerated

everyone should be able to enjoy themselves, behave appropriately and let the rest of Scotland do what they do best

Looking at the last George square gathering the media focused on guys fighting, Celtic shop window smashed, guys hammered, rubbish, bottles and cans everywhere, benches broke, TBB / anti 19th Century Terrorist stuff, pishing in street, fireworks and covid regs breeches. Avoid all of that and we'll be fine.

Yes there will be problems but no more than any other weekend in the town when drinks involved.

Yes without a shadow of a doubt.

Enjoy yourself Bears .

Looking at the last George square gathering the media focused on guys fighting, Celtic shop window smashed, guys hammered, rubbish, bottles and cans everywhere, benches broke, TBB / anti 19th Century Terrorist stuff, pishing in street, fireworks and covid regs breeches. Avoid all of that and we'll be fine.
Every Saturday night in Glasgow involves almost all of those issues but the won't someone think of the children brigade aren't up in arms about it. Ask yourself why.

The club will come out with a statement in the coming days, probably after the Livi game is out the way (to respect them) and tell fans to adhere to and be mindful of all current social distancing restrictions in place. Gerrard will mention it at his Pre Match Presser as well.

The club can't do anymore than that. The ball is in the court of the government and police at that stage.

The fans won't listen and we will party in our 10s of thousands anyway. F*ck the government.

The greens will be demanding Rangers are disbanded again, why does the Green Party in Scotland hate Rangers?
Because their leader is called Patrick they think he is some kind of saint , I see him as one creepy little individual that sooks up Niklas' ass to get a pat on the noggin' for doing her bidding to keep the wages and expenses rolling in .

That post is being said in an alternative universe Monty Python film.

“What did Rangers fans do that was so wrong?”

“Well there was the benches”

“Apart from the benches, the benches go without saying”

Until Chief Superintendent can give the same message and advice for other mass gatherings he has allowed to go ahead no problem he can do one.

Absolute nail on head

Definitely. Rangers fans partying at Ibrox and George Square with Union Flags - Outrage.

St Johnstone fans doing the exact same with no Union Flags - Silence

Partick Thistle fans doing the exact same with no Union Flags - Silence

Pro Palestine last night with no Union Flags - Silence and infact probably support from our cold water Cuba government.

The sooner people catch on that we are hated politically in this country the quicker we can fight back.

Definitely. Rangers fans partying at Ibrox and George Square with Union Flags - Outrage.

St Johnstone fans doing the exact same with no Union Flags - Silence

Partick Thistle fans doing the exact same with no Union Flags - Silence

Pro Palestine last night with no Union Flags - Silence and infact probably support from our cold water Cuba government.

The sooner people catch on that we are hated politically in this country the quicker we can fight back.
Might buy a england flag to take along on Saturday.:)

It will be reported by UK press as fantastic support for Rangers after a 10yr wait.
In the Scottish press, it will be covid breeches, granny's at risk, drunken pishing on the street and mess of George Square.
Even if only 100 people turned up, we would still get negative press.
Enjoy it bears, we deserve our day out.

It will be reported by UK press as fantastic support for Rangers after a 10yr wait.
In the Scottish press, it will be covid breeches, granny's at risk, drunken pishing on the street and mess of George Square.
Even if only 100 people turned up, we would still get negative press.
Enjoy it bears, we deserve our day out.
The rest of your post is correct but not the first sentence mate. It will be reported UK-wide as Covid breaches. The rest of the UK might not report it as harshly as the Scottish imbeciles but it will still be a negative slant.

Rangers will be compelled to make a statement asking fans to stay away. Hopefully, as part of that, they make comment on the lack of willingness from the authorities to come up with a more acceptable and workable solution.

The rest of your post is correct but not the first sentence mate. It will be reported UK-wide as Covid breaches. The rest of the UK might not report it as harshly as the Scottish imbeciles but it will still be a negative slant.

Rangers will be compelled to make a statement asking fans to stay away. Hopefully, as part of that, they make comment on the lack of willingness from the authorities to come up with a more acceptable and workable solution.
The reporting UK wide was celebrations when we won the league, it only changed once the Scottish press put their Bad Rangers slant on it.

The reporting UK wide was celebrations when we won the league, it only changed once the Scottish press put their Bad Rangers slant on it.
A quick Google indicates it being reported all over the UK as Rangers fans breach Covid rules during celebrations mate.

Not something to fall out over but I think we all know how this weekend will be reported. And it won't be positively.

Yeah should be fine. Im sure the press will be full of praise for our fans.

A quick Google indicates it being reported all over the UK as Rangers fans breach Covid rules during celebrations mate.

Not something to fall out over but I think we all know how this weekend will be reported. And it won't be positively.

I dont think "we all know how this will be reported". It seems we still have plenty on here that cant see what's staring them in the face.

Just four days.

This Saturday will mark exactly a decade since we last lifted the title. Many younger supporters will be experiencing winning the league for the first time, whilst the older generation may have feared they wouldn’t see this day. The entire Rangers family worldwide will cherish this special occasion.

After years of turmoil, Scotland’s premier club take their place at the pinnacle of our game once more. We will never take any success for granted ever again.

I'm making this up as I need attention: rumbles in the media, mouthpieces getting outraged in advance in full knowledge of the celebration that’s about to unfold.
Put simply, there’s no point wasting energy, caring about opinions of folk who don’t matter.

You deserve it. We deserve it.
This is our city, and we are the Champions.
Bring it on.

I was particularly fussed on going but Mark’s fair promoted it and put me more in the mood for it.

Back