Child abuser Jim Torbett ran Tommy Burns and Sean Fallon testimonials for Celtic FC

What this confirms ( not that we didn't know already ) is that " Big Jim " was held in the highest regard by all the top people at Celtic. The board loved him - so much so that some of them became co-directors of The Trophy Centre. ( Kelly & McGinn )

He was in with the bricks at Celtic. He was their go-to guy for club mechandise and organising big events.

Unfortunately, it appears the same top people also gave Big Jim carte blanche to run amok and serially abuse many of the young players at Celtic Boys Club. They knew what was going on, but chose to look the other way.

These top people have much wrong-doing to answer for.

In my opinion , there is no doubt that Torbett was both providing victims for and was protecting one or more senior board members of Nonce FC How else do you explain his appointment to these “prestigious” positions for years after they were made aware of his crimes. Someone must know
Im sure earlier last year a guy called gerry mcsherry reported 7 or 8 alleged perpetrators of crimes committed at the pedodrome,has anything being followed up

Every one of us who directly or indirectly know Celtic fans have a duty to be raising these stories with them in a calm and reasonable manner.

The only way in my mind that this further break through into even more mainstream consciousness is by the Celtic fans somehow objectively looking at this and coming to the rightful conclusion that the narrative their club has built up is an absolute sham.

As those who have tirelessly worked to get to this stage know, it will be a unbelievably tough challenge to break through the mentally challenged self constructed defence of their club, but all it takes is to get through to some and word will spread. The game is up, their entire history is built on the abject misery of children and countless adult lives ruined.

Us frothing at the mouth and singing BJK isn't enough. If you know any of their fans then all football matters are off the table. I refuse to engage with anyone about league title nonsense or treble treble shite until they have the decency to address their clubs horrific past.

Any Celtic fan who show themselves to actually be decent humans and pressure their club into accepting responsibility should be encouraged.

This isn't an Us vs them issue. It is a moral issue far beyond red white and blue or green and white.

You will notice I refrained from Nonce FC chat and Bheasts etc.... It is time we took the tribal football hatred out of this. It is time for adults to address this issue separate from football rivalry.

Celtic's history is built on the abuse of children. It's time for their fans and their club to take responsibility.

Unfortunately not going to happen bud,as soon as you mention anything like this they go into total denial mode and start ranting about you're all bigots etc etc etc.More response from banging your head against a brick wall.

Tbh mate they've brought all the name calling and slander on themselves on how they've dealt with it over the years. I'll be the first to admit I use it in point scoring arguments, but until they start to take on the responsibility they have as a club and support instead of the Neely Dunn patter it will never stop
As soon as they mention neely or dunn then that's when you play your ace card.

Ask them why they wanted us kicked out of football for tax issues but don't want an inquiry that, in their deluded minds, will implicate Rangers?

Independence.
Whilst the snp's core support is catholic and celtc minded they will ignore these events for their votes.
That's a definite mate, scandalous but not surprising that the SNP would do such a thing!

And yet they get an easy ride from a compliant press!

Honestly, I can't understand it. Look what press coverage that government advisor got for being an idiot and compare it with the coverage systematic child abuse over decades and its cover up gets!

It's a national scandal!

Over here (Fuerteventura)I meet alot of English football supporters who are unaware of that mobs disgusting history after an update from myself they definitely are just as disgusted as we are the problem is that outside Scotland it is not reported even this Times report is only in the Scottish edition when it should be a national issue.

And a Scottish government who excluded the churches and sporting clubs from their investigation.

Which is an excellent point temperence.

If our "government" wanted to rid the country of any potential child abuse then why would you not carry out a blanket investigation.

By excluding these two areas they are esentially covering up certain areas that they know are not squeaky clean and for political reasons too.

The silence is deafening from the Scottish mhedia who continue to ignore the malpractice at the piggery mirrored by the justice minister . Surely when the shit hits the fan all these cretins will be investigated or at least questioned as to their inactivity in reporting that rhancid club If not then our country is in a bell of a state.

The fat Japanese knew.....

That's the whole point Celtic did not respond just like the rest of the Press and Media up here all ignoring the facts,they are all complicit in this wrong doing they are now as guilty as the Celtic people past and present in this cover up of the biggest Child abuse scandal not in Scotland but the UK.You cant tell me the Times can run with this detailed account of what went on at Celtic yet no one else in Scotland thinks it doesn't merit a report in the news outlets up here,as for the Scottish Government we know why they wont alienate themselves Catholic votes Matter is why they can join the rest of them in the cover up.
There must be more Micks living in Scotland than what we imagined them or a hell of a lot of protestants are voting for Scottish Nationalist Papes.

In February Celtic said it was “very sorry” the abuse had happened but insisted the boys’ club was a separate organisation.

After Torbett’s 2018 conviction the club issued a statement which said that allegations of abuse at the boys’ club “first emerged in the 1990s”. It subsequently emerged that Celtic launched an internal investigation in 1986 which “cleared” Torbett and his colleagues and stated their intention was for the claims to be “buried once and for all”.

Celtic did not respond to a request for comment.

FILTH

It's the constant contradictions......

Separate, yet close enough for large John to hire and fire - then investigate, cover up and hide it.

Which is it.......completely separated or one and the same.

Cause I know how it looks to me.

The contradictions will be blown wide open in court the second witnesses are asked why victims were brought in to Liam Brady and Lou Macari’s office.

Clyde and BBC won't even discuss it on phone ins, posters on here had written confirmation from Bauer the owners who said it wasn't football related...yet a tax bill was because it could impact a football club?! The fact there is a multi million pound lawsuit hanging over them it very much is a footballing matter by the same reasoning.

Of course, as you know Ark, Hollicomb's wife is in charge of Clyde News & Sport.

Which is an excellent point temperence.

If our "government" wanted to rid the country of any potential child abuse then why would you not carry out a blanket investigation.

By excluding these two areas they are esentially covering up certain areas that they know are not squeaky clean and for political reasons too.
Exactly, and we all know the demographic they are appealing to in excluding these two areas.

They run pretty much everything or conduct the rhetoric, this has been a massive scalp for decades and any investigative journo worth his salt could've made his name and career through this whilst helping bring the bheasts down.
The fact the mentally challengeds are turning on those affected without retribution to me shows just how twisted this country has become, the SNP have pretty much blanked the situation and endeared themselves to a sinister cult by their actions. If it wasn't for dedicated people from here who have had to wade through lies and horror stories this would have disappeared everybody owes them a huge debt of gratitude.

It’s a sad state of affairs that the media in Scotland are quite happy go to C.I.A levels of scrutiny in their reporting of Rangers FCs operations, finances and tax affairs but have been horribly lacking in their handling of this massive story and scandal which still has yet more secrets waiting to be revealed (if you really want to?) but our intrepid fourth rate estate trash merchant outlets seem to be handling this story with all the forensic ability of Inspector Clouseau ...PATHETIC! but definitely world class turd polishers and that’s the most important thing after all.

A prolific sexual predator organised lavish official events with guests including a future cardinal and a bishop to celebrate the careers of Celtic FC players, The Times can disclose.

Jim Torbett, founder of Celtic Boys Club, was found guilty of abusing boys between 1986 and 1994 and jailed for six years in 2018. He was given a two-year sentence a decade earlier for molesting players at the feeder club between 1967 and 1974.

It has now emerged that Torbett, 72, organised testimonial events for Tommy Burns, the former Celtic player, coach and manager, and Sean Fallon, a long-serving assistant manager and player, further undermining claims that Torbett had no connection with the Parkhead club.

Guests who accepted his invitation to honour Fallon — Jock Stein’s right-hand man and confidant — included an archbishop, a bishop, the Lisbon Lions European Cup-winners, and Celtic FC’s directors, players and management team. Being given responsibility for such prestigious events suggests he was highly regarded by senior figures within Parkhead at the time.

While expressing sympathy for his victims Celtic have sought to distance themselves from Torbett’s crimes, insisting that the boys’ club was an “entirely separate organisation”.

However, The Times has also revealed that Torbett was hired by Celtic to run their club shops, in addition to his coaching duties, in the early 1990s.

A report on Fallon’s testimonial dinner, held in November 1993, in the club’s official magazine, thanks “Jim Torbett and his associates for organising such a wonderful occasion”. The Celtic View confirmed the guests of honour included “the Celtic directors, Archbishop Thomas Winning of Glasgow and Bishop Joseph Devine of Motherwell”.

In 2018 the Scottish child abuse inquiry heard evidence that Winning, who in 1994 became the second Scottish cardinal since the reformation, offered money to a woman in exchange for her silence over sexual abuse that took place in a Catholic-run residential home for children in the Sixties.

After being elevated to cardinal he caused outrage by asserting that the church had no obligation to report alleged paedophile priests to the police.

In 2013 Devine, who died last year, told a man seeking an apology for being raped by a priest as a child: “Can you not let him off with it? He’s an old man.”

A programme for the Burns testimonial match with Liverpool, which took place at Parkhead in 1987, confirms that Torbett was vice-chairman of the organising committee.

Burns played for the boys’ club from 1970-73 and frequently attended club functions and prizegivings when he went on to play for the senior club and served as manager. He died of skin cancer, aged 51, in 2008.

Torbett was kicked out of the boys’ club by Stein, then the Celtic manager, in 1974 after hearing claims of abuse — but the police were not informed. Stein, who died while Scotland manager in 1985, had given Torbett permission to start the boys’ club.

In March 1984 The Glasgow Evening Times reported that Stein would be making a “personal appearance” at a branch of Torbett’s Trophy Centre on Kilmarnock Road in Glasgow.

After his sacking Torbett was allowed to return four years later and went on to molest more boys, remaining there until 1996 when claims of abuse appeared in the press. Passing sentence in 2018 Lord Beckett said: “You used the club as a front and a recruiting ground for boys who you could sexually abuse.”

In February Celtic said it was “very sorry” the abuse had happened but insisted the boys’ club was a separate organisation.

After Torbett’s 2018 conviction the club issued a statement which said that allegations of abuse at the boys’ club “first emerged in the 1990s”. It subsequently emerged that Celtic launched an internal investigation in 1986 which “cleared” Torbett and his colleagues and stated their intention was for the claims to be “buried once and for all”.

Celtic did not respond to a request for comment.
Get this sent to corporate.press@adidas-group.com

@Grigo Yossarian @BN94

As someone who is literally paid to protect children, it makes me physically sick that there are people out there who take advantage of the most vulnerable members of our society like this. I have seen the devastation this causes first hand and I would endorse the full weight of the law on any perpetrators.

What I find just as appalling, is people who wilfully stand by and let this happen. People who won't speak out against it if they know, or even suspect, this kind of thing to be happening. If I even have the slightest suspicion that a child is in danger in any way, shape or form I report it. I can tell you that no-one is more relieved that I'm wrong than me. I can't stand the thought of kids being harmed by people.

These sub-human pieces of excrement actually anger me. I can maybe empathise if they are fearful for their own lives, I can maybe empathise; but to cover up for an organisation? Absolutely abhorrent and I know that if there is an afterlife, these bastards will be burning in the hell their organisation are so fearful of. As far as protecting a football club? A fucking football club? Callous bastards.

I hope all victims of child abuse get the support and peace that they so richly deserve. What chance did they ever have?

Last edited:
What this confirms ( not that we didn't know already ) is that " Big Jim " was held in the highest regard by all the top people at Celtic. The board loved him - so much so that some of them became co-directors of The Trophy Centre. ( Kelly & McGinn )

He was in with the bricks at Celtic. He was their go-to guy for club mechandise and organising big events.

Unfortunately, it appears the same top people also gave Big Jim carte blanche to run amok and serially abuse many of the young players at Celtic Boys Club. They knew what was going on, but chose to look the other way.

These top people have much wrong-doing to answer for.
Frank Cairney was commonly referred to as ' big Frank', the kids at CBC were reportedly shit scared of him, he was apparently a brute in size and nature. Heartbreaking.

As someone who is literally paid to protect children, it makes me physically sick that there are people out there who take advantage of the most vulnerable members of our society like this. I have seen the devastation this causes first hand and I would endorse the full weight of the law on any perpetrators.

What I find just as appalling, is people who wilfully stand by and let this happen. People who won't speak out against it if they know, or even suspect, this kind of thing to be happening. If I even have the slightest suspicion that a child is in danger in any way, shape or form I report it. I can tell you that no-one is more relieved that I'm wrong than me. I can't stand the thought of kids being harmed but people.

These sub-human pieces of excrement actually anger me. I can maybe empathise if they are fearful for their own lives, I can maybe empathise; but to cover up for an organisation? Absolutely abhorrent and I know that if there is an afterlife, these bastards will be burning in the hell their organisation are so fearful of. As far as protecting a football club? A fucking football club? Callous bastards.

I hope all victims of child abuse get the support and peace that they so richly deserve. What chance did they ever have?

Well said Charlie. From the heart & so true mate.

Burns knew alright,same as all the mentally challengeds that went to st Mary's chapel, no surrender w.a.t.p

A paedophile ring operated at that rancid organisation for decades yet the media don't (or can't) headline it.
The country is f*cked when a football club has protection from the powerful people who run it.
Filthy shameless rats!
Most of whom are members of the same rancid cult, including government, media and police.

How many people read the Times in Scotland ?.
I don’t know how many people read the Times in Scotland, my point was about their worldwide reputation and the standards of their reporting. I couldn’t give a dam about their sales figures in a backwater like Scotland. I’m just glad a highly credible media outlet is finally highlighting a blatantly obvious case of a paedophile ring running in one of the country’s biggest football clubs along with the years of coverup afterwards. IMO the Times and FT online edition is pretty much the standard UK news source for financial/ business institutions all over the globe.

Back