Chill Out Music

CupidStunt

I've started to take a real interest in more mellow electronic music these last few months.

I've started building quite a large playlist in it and am really starting to enjoy the likes of El Gambrero and Dabruck and Klein.

I grew up in the Hanger 13 era so have had dance music in some way or style in my life forever and I've only recently started embracing a more chilled out style, maybe it's my age.

Finding that I'm really enjoying some instrumental or chill out mixes of classic vocal dance / trance tracks also.

Anyone recommendations? Fire them in here.

I like to listen to Oasis to chill out to, always find it helps.. 'Oasis - Stand by me' is a favourite.

I would say this is the genre of music I listen to most these days, there is some brilliant music out there.
Schiller, Koan, carbon based life forms, blank and jones, sun lounger are among the ones I listen to

Fallen asleep to this many times

KLF_CHILL%2BOUT%2B-%2BEX-333276b.jpg

Sometimes when I go to work in the morning I like to chill out to a bit of Enya.

Absolutely beautiful

Massive attack is my go to electronic chill music on holiday.

Nothing quite like lying on a beach lounger listening to Protection on the iPod

I'll drop this here - one of my favourites at the moment and subsequently top of the Playlist.

Ignore the unfortunate name of half the duo, I believe it's pronounced Eyeraa
0tJnlEy.gif

I've started to take a real interest in more mellow electronic music these last few months.

I've started building quite a large playlist in it and am really starting to enjoy the likes of El Gambrero and Dabruck and Klein.

I grew up in the Hanger 13 era so have had dance music in some way or style in my life forever and I've only recently started embracing a more chilled out style, maybe it's my age.

Finding that I'm really enjoying some instrumental or chill out mixes of classic vocal dance / trance tracks also.

Anyone recommendations? Fire them in here.

FRKWYS Vol 13

Absolutely wonderful goa like chill out music.

Late Night Tales also has a good series.

Was thinking of posting a similar thread, chill out electronic is perfect for my line of work (coding).

My favourite is Bonobo. His live shows where he plays with a full band are class:

His discography is well worth checking out too:

Was thinking of posting a similar thread, chill out electronic is perfect for my line of work (coding).

My favourite is Bonobo. His live shows where he plays with a full band are class:

His discography is well worth checking out too:

Great post mate, I'm working on some apps at the moment and it's great for tuning right in.

What area do you work in? Also - have you tried Brain FM?

Morning Mood Boost on Deezer. Suits me fine.
Was standard daytime music in Bluebell in PDC last time I was there.

Are there any DAB radio stations that play this stuff, ideally without bloody ads breaking in and upsetting the mood? Tried the usual 'Calm' Radio, 'Quiet' etc but the adds really jar.

Not electronic but the early Einaudi stuff is terrific for this.

Ludovico Einaudi has some excellent neo-classical numbers that are great for drifting off to, although in the abums they are scattered in between some frightening numbers, so choose well.

when i'm at work i goto you and just search for "Chillstep" or "female vocal chillstep" some of the mixes are brilliant, i just totally zone out and get right into my work with them and before i know it hours have passed.

What area do you work in? Also - have you tried Brain FM?

I'm a web developer - CMS type stuff, Drupal and Wordpress etc. What kind of apps are you building, web based or mobile?

If I'm doing a late night coding session, I tend to crank up the BPM a bit and stick some trance or Boiler Room sessions on YouTube. I love indie and classic rock but find them too distracting when working.

Hadn't heard of Brain FM but just signed up - it's good! Zaps you into a focused 'get shit done' state of mind :D

My fav genre in music is electronic.

Some have mentioned Bonobo and Royksopp and Air.

Here is a few others to try

Caribou, Foreign Fields, Fhin, Austra, Nils Frahm, Olaf Arnalds, Four Tet, Rhye, Goldfrapp, Aphex Twin, Gold Panda, Simian Mobile Disco, Samaris, Vok, Boards of Canada, Roosevelt, Daniel Avery, Jon Hopkins, D/R/U/G/S to name a few from my playlist.

Listening to this kind of stuff (perhaps excluding Air's first couple of albums) is a sure sign that you've given up on life and just accept your lot. It's background anaesthesia for your dead and forgotten soul.

It's like when you decide it's OK to answer the door in your dressing gown or go to the supermarket in tracksuit bottoms.

KC Lights is a good Scottish producer that has came up in the last few years. Annie Mac has actually featured some of his music on Radio 1. He's a tim though. :confused:

Florian Paetzolds older stuff.

Cyrill Hahn.

Quite a good thread this, lots of suggestions. Need to check some of it out.

I listen to Gasoline quite a lot on youtube. They have two albums: A journey into abstract hiphop and Snap your neck back (if you are a fan of The Warriors then snap your neck back is good)

Both quite chilled out for background music while browsing the internet.

Back