Chill Out Music

Listening to this kind of stuff (perhaps excluding Air's first couple of albums) is a sure sign that you've given up on life and just accept your lot. It's background anaesthesia for your dead and forgotten soul.

It's like when you decide it's OK to answer the door in your dressing gown or go to the supermarket in tracksuit bottoms.

This about sums it up for me

Listening to this kind of stuff (perhaps excluding Air's first couple of albums) is a sure sign that you've given up on life and just accept your lot. It's background anaesthesia for your dead and forgotten soul.

It's like when you decide it's OK to answer the door in your dressing gown or go to the supermarket in tracksuit bottoms.

:D Alternatively, it could be an indication that you're f***ing knackered after a long, long day sorting out everybody else's problems LOL

For what it's worth, I do also love a liberal dose of high energy dance music when the mood takes me. :)

Thievery Corporation are probably my favourite go to music when I want something chilled.

The classic DJ Kicks mix by Kruder & Dorfmeister is a must listen as well.

Years ago working Nightshift and I stumbled across the chiller cabinet on Classic Fm, was on at something like Midnight on a Saturday or Sunday and some of the stuff they played was tremendous. I search about the net from time to time looking for similar but have never quite heard the same stuff.

Similar taste in music as myself.

Dave Seaman - Back To Mine is really good and can be found on SoundCloud.

Track Listings
  1. The Superself - Midi Brotherhood
  2. Weather Storm - Craig Armstrong
  3. Future Past - Genetica
  4. Baja - Sasha (Port Douglas Mix)
  5. Epsilon Phase - Global Communication
  6. Useless - Depeche Mode (Kruder & Dorfmesiter Remix)
  7. Six Underground - Sneaker Pimps (Perfecto Dub)
  8. Sonic Boom - Desert
  9. A Short Goodbye - D*Note
  10. Format 2:1 - Angel Baby
  11. Gorecki - Lamb

Last edited:
I like a wee bit of Olafur Arnalds.
Kiasmos a collaboration between himself and Janus Rasmussen is worth a listen.

Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works 85-92
KLF Chill Out
Sun Electric 30.7.94 Live
Pete Namlook - Sping
The Shamen - Arbor Bona Arbor Mala
The Orb - Adventures Beyond The Ultraworld/Orbsessions/orbus terrarum/etc
Prefuse 73 - Savath & Savalas
Boards of Canada - everything they do

Try nightmares on wax, some aphex twin, boards of Canada, some leftfield, massive attack.
Leftism is one of my all time favourite albums, for some reason it fits any mood I'm in and for something released in about 1995 it's still fresh.

I've started to take a real interest in more mellow electronic music these last few months.

I've started building quite a large playlist in it and am really starting to enjoy the likes of El Gambrero and Dabruck and Klein.

I grew up in the Hanger 13 era so have had dance music in some way or style in my life forever and I've only recently started embracing a more chilled out style, maybe it's my age.

Finding that I'm really enjoying some instrumental or chill out mixes of classic vocal dance / trance tracks also.

Anyone recommendations? Fire them in here.

I've a small spin off page from our main one on Facebook dedicated to chillout versions of Trance Classics you might enjoy (if you 're on FB). Don't really post on it much now, but there's lots of posts you might like.

https://www.facebook.com/TranceClassicsChillout/

Maybe does not fit in to the genre's of music quoted but I like to chill out with a bit of Porcupine Tree/Steven Wilson stuff.

I was in London recently for the athletics and the hotel had chill out radio tuned in. I was very taken by it and play it frequently now online.

Fallen asleep to this many times

KLF_CHILL%2BOUT%2B-%2BEX-333276b.jpg
Where on earth do I get my hands on this vinyl?I need this in my life.

Back