Choose one of oir own players from history to fit in to this squad who to choose?

sdp02

This probably pops up here every so often but curious to know who would you choose from our many historic talented players to fit in to this squad?

I dont mean you favoured player but a player that would add something special to Gerrards already strong first team.

Gazza is my favourite Rangers player however for me and this squad..

Richard Gough

To be honest if i was given 10sec to choose id pick Gazza or Laudrup. Just this Gough would slot nicely and lead this squad.
Im trying to think who would keep gazza under control in the current squad? Lol thats a new thread i think...

Tough one. This time last year I’d have said Numan or Papac. Right now with Ojo being so frustrating, I’ve to say Laudrup.

But then a Barry Ferguson is always welcome for his passing and getting into the box.

Reactions: TQ3
Mark Hateley. The 92/93 season was my favourite and he was a big player that season. He had everything you'd want in a striker.

Reactions: TQ3
Mark Walters would be devastating in our current formation of the front 3 - he could play wide on either side, could play in the centre, created loads and weighed in with his share of goals.

I'll go for Albertz as well. The ability and confidence to shoot from outside the box is something we lack. Albertz was a superb passer and all round player, but people remember the shooting most, and against 11 men in the box, that option with a striker feeding off the second ball...

To run and unlock the defences with either his runs or runs off the ball Laudrup, but as we have paid 7 million pounds for that already and we have Jack and Davis sorry Joe Aribo but a certain Paul Gascoigne is taking your place no hard feelings...

To run and unlock the defences with either his runs or runs off the ball Laudrup, but as we have paid 7 million pounds for that already and we have Jack and Davis sorry Joe Aribo but a certain Paul Gascoigne is taking your place no hard feelings...
Thats a good answer well thought out. Need to think about who we brought in and whos going to potentially miss out.
Kinda wish i went with heart and took Gazza but a list of players mention already you cant miss.
WTP

Thats a good answer well thought out. Need to think about who we brought in and whos going to potentially miss out.
Kinda wish i went with heart and took Gazza but a list of players mention already you cant miss.
WTP
Thanks for your approval feels :)like I am reading a school report at 6th form!

Can you imagine if we had Gough instead of Goldson?
Our defence would rock.
Or an alternative Gary Stevens instead of Tavernier !
I still think of Stevens as the best fight back Rangers ever had and I include the legendary Jardine in there

It has to be Laudrup, certainly in my lifetime our best player. Next would be Gazza. Forget about where they fit in, if you could choose to have a player that good you take them and the rest fit around them!

Michael Mols before he got injured by Khan.

For the short time we had him before the injury he was the best player I ever saw in a Ranger shirt and I include Laudrup, Cooper and Gazza in that.

Terry Hurlock
I thought that, then our Fergie got mentioned, and Terry had to leave the room!
Souness would rule the park, but would see red cards.
Richard Gough, on the other hand, would guide this side to glory by example. What a leader, and one of the classiest defenders to grace Ibrox.
For me, if Goram is the Goalie, then Gough is the Captain!

Derek Johnstone, who was technically and tactically brilliant. DJ 'led' the line which no centre forward does today.

It’s creation in the middle we need with some goals thrown in.
So Baxter or Gazza.

Laudrup at his pomp also, imagine him with Morelos.

Can you imagine if we had Gough instead of Goldson?
Our defence would rock.
Or an alternative Gary Stevens instead of Tavernier !
I still think of Stevens as the best fight back Rangers ever had and I include the legendary Jardine in there
Nonsense, Gary Steven's was a brilliant athlete but not in Jardines class as a footballer.

Barry.
a cut above anything we have in midfield and would easily boss 99% of matches we play in. Driving the team forward

This probably pops up here every so often but curious to know who would you choose from our many historic talented players to fit in to this squad?

I dont mean you favoured player but a player that would add something special to Gerrards already strong first team.

Gazza is my favourite Rangers player however for me and this squad..

Richard Gough
[/QUOTE
Ian Ferguson , (Fergie) id loved to have seen him against Brown

The answer should always be Brian Laudrup.

XKZWoQ0.jpg

Reactions: TN8
Back