Chris Hughton sacked

Brighton are my local club and I know a lot of Brighton fans. Most of them are pleasantly surprised at his sacking. He lost the feeding room weeks ago, the defenders loved him, the forwards didn’t as he was too defensively minded.

The board were fed up with the amount of money he spent on players that didn’t either fit the system or were just rubbish. Yes, the board gave him the money and they were worried about giving him more in the summer transfer window.

Tony Bloom is an astute business man as well as a good poker player

He also runs a massive sport betting syndicate that has access to rafts of analytic data. He is one of the sharpest minds around. I’d trust him to make the right decision.

Reactions: krs
I watch a lot of Brighton, used to live there so they’re my ‘English team’. They were mid table at Xmas then it just fell apart. Every game, no matter who the opponent was, was treated like 0-0 would be a great result, it wasn’t just that they were hopeless, they were boring too.

Hughton signed 8 players last offseason, not one of them is a regular. Broke the teams transfer record a couple of times for players who either come off the bench or are never seen.

I’m sorry he’s gone, Brighton owe him a lot, but it’s the right time.

I watch a lot of Brighton, used to live there so they’re my ‘English team’. They were mid table at Xmas then it just fell apart. Every game, no matter who the opponent was, was treated like 0-0 would be a great result, it wasn’t just that they were hopeless, they were boring too.

Hughton signed 8 players last offseason, not one of them is a regular. Broke the teams transfer record a couple of times for players who either come off the bench or are never seen.

I’m sorry he’s gone, Brighton owe him a lot, but it’s the right time.

£77.5m he's spent this season, including £17m on the topscorer of the Dutch Eredivisie who hasn't scored all season and can't get a game ahead of Glenn Murray.

Anyone said it's racist yet?
No, but it's only a matter of time.
Staying in the EPL is all that counts to owners so it's no great surprise he's been shown the door.
Lucky to have survived the drop this season so I guess the club doesn't want to be in the same position next season.

I already have a favourite to be relegated next season, now. Did the owner expect champions league qualification? Shocking.

Brighton sacked the head of recruitment a few months ago. Be interested to know how much input Hughton had into those signings. I suspect, not much. But perhaps should have done more to integrate them? Most Brighton supporters I know are genuinely torn on this and not just because of sentimentality.
But there's been mutterings from the dressing room for a wee bit.

Why on earth would I type it up?

It’s much quicker to type - Mark Hughes, managerial record - and then copy and paste.

Strange.

Because most posters would have their own argument for/against something instead of googling it.

As you say, strange.

Because most posters would have their own argument for/against something instead of googling it.

As you say, strange.
I’m not “for” or “against” Mark Hughes.

I certainly wasn’t touting him for the Brighton job.

His record is simply better than many think, so I retrieved his record and posted it.

I could have just pasted the link. It just made it a little easier to read, than having to click a link.

Think your looking too much in to this.

I’m not “for” or “against” Mark Hughes.

I certainly wasn’t touting him for the Brighton job.

His record is simply better than many think, so I retrieved his record and posted it.

I could have just pasted the link. It just made it a little easier to read, than having to click a link.

Think your looking too much in to this.

Mate, I don't care. Just made me laugh a bit then you carried it on.

Poor him. He will get to %^*& about for however longs left on his contract picking up a massive salary whilst doing heehaw.

I’d have sacked him.

Been in the Prem a few years now and still have a lower wage budget than Celtic do, so they’ll have money to spend and kick on and I don’t think he’s the man for that job.

Hughton is a good coach, but a bit dull, a bit like a less homeless looking Steve Clarke. Guys like this will never end up at the filth due to their style, the mutants wouldn’t tolerate it.

It’s a huge gamble by Brighton, it could sink them by replacing the manager with a foreign diddy or they could pull a cat from the bag like Southampton did and appoint a guy like Pochetinno.

Hughton is a good coach, but a bit dull, a bit like a less homeless looking Steve Clarke. Guys like this will never end up at the filth due to their style, the mutants wouldn’t tolerate it.

It’s a huge gamble by Brighton, it could sink them by replacing the manager with a foreign diddy or they could pull a cat from the bag like Southampton did and appoint a guy like Pochetinno.
Southampton had more money (relatively) than Brighton when they swapped Adkins for Pochettino so certainly a risk.

How can anybody claim this is racism? He has been the manager there for several years - have the owners just realised he's black??
This could work against a chairman employing a black manager if he thinks that he’ll get accused of racism if he sacks him.
I can see that you could argue Darren Moore was treated badly by West Brom but it’s understandable that Brighton are maybe looking for a change of direction to stay up with ease rather than just scraping by. Will it work? Time will tell.

I don't think Hughton is a particular good manager. Brighton are a generally solid team but not much attacking threat and it seems a lot of money was wasted in the summer. Too lose 20 odd games I'm not surprised he's been sacked.

Jim White is a moron
Sums up the media in this day and age. Hughton is clearly a good person, however as stated throughout the thread, 3 wins in 23 since Christmas.

In the EPL, perhaps only Seán Dyche could hold on to his job at Burnley. Any other manager would/ should be looking up at picking up their jotters.

Absolutely fack-all to do with race.

Hope a Hughton-led West Brom don’t pass Brighton on the way up next season. I understand the sacking but it’s certainly a gamble.

Back