Chris McClure - aka Christian - has passed away

1st saw him around 1972 as the 'Chris McClure Section' iirc. Decent band.

Last time I saw him was the 80s when he was doing a 'spot' at the local bingo hall, and my auld maw put the lips on him :)

A prolific performer for charity functions. The last one I saw him in he was cracking self deprecating jokes about his skin colour which would be deemed ''off colour'' today. Safe journey brother.

Chris McClure section remember them well in the 1970s travelling up to Oban to play Corran halls ,great entertainer.Saw Christian numerous times heard he was not a bad footballer ( goals I think ).Was he born Ibrox/ Govan way?

Not been a good day for Christians in more ways than one.

Scottish singer and pantomime star Chris McClure, known by his stage name Christian, has died aged 80.
Born in Ibrox, Glasgow, the entertainer is said to have died peacefully on Monday at his home in Bishopbriggs.
His career spanned 60 years and included a tour with Billy Connolly, as well as a performance on Top of the Pops with the 1982 World Cup squad.
It comes just days after his final gig at Fauldhouse Miners Welfare Club in West Lothian on Saturday.
The Pavillion Theatre in Glasgow, where he performed for more than 50 years, paid tribute to a "true legend" of Scottish entertainment.
Jamie Gordon, theatre director, said: "Everybody is shocked and saddened to discover that Christian has passed away.
"More than the entertainer, he was a true gentleman. Rest easy Chris, you will be sorely missed, and our thoughts are with his family at this time."

He was around for years i suppose on the celebrity circuit in Scotland.

My mum used to get herself confused with him and Leo Sayer for some reason.

Think it was the hairdo.

Never knew he stayed in the Briggs either.

I remember Chris in the tabloids years ago, pictured astride his gold Rolls Royce. Didn't he have a big house near Bothwell. ?

He was around for years i suppose on the celebrity circuit in Scotland.

My mum used to get herself confused with him and Leo Sayer for some reason.

Think it was the hairdo.

Never knew he stayed in the Briggs either.
This reminds me of my wife and I popping in to her parents on way to see Lionel Richie, they were both adamant that they had seen him years ago at the Parakeet in Hurlford!

When I first met my missus she worked in a social club and the place would be absolutely packed when this guy was booked in. All the old dears absolutely loved him.

Back