Chris Sutton and Neil Lennon in Rangers rethink as security concerns force BT Sport change with former Celtic duo off punditry

Why do you care what the Record says? They are proven liars and hypocrites.
Going by your post , you , like me don't buy the record ...? So you must be reading content on here to come to the conclusion you have , which is in itself a bit hypocritical ....?

, my friend it is a very sad day when we start to give a flying f#2k what Mr drink problem Brazil thinks.
I could not care less about his opinion. On anything.
I do care about the 1.4 million people who listen daily hearing a one sided narrative because we have half arsed something.

I am not, at all, saying that we should not have banned them, stopped them, saved them, whatever it was we did. At all. I am saying that the way we did it has allowed scum like Dornan to spout, outlets like talkSPORT to run a one sided story and we are not even close to getting our side out there in counter. Unless you count Mark as us getting our side out.

It may have been exactly the right move to make, but it was done so badly that we look petty, amateur, scared of our own fans and unable to police our own stadium.

Shambolic handling of the situation thus far and we need to come out today explaining what happened.

No.

I think he should have got the proper reason out there before our support was trashed for hours on end.

Only Rangers could end up on the back foot like this.

So I ask again, I thought this new PR guy was competent?
He is fucking useless.... has he done anything of note at all? If we are being honest our PR has been catastrophically poor since the day he walked in the door.

I do care about the 1.4 million people who listen daily hearing a one sided narrative because we have half arsed something.

I am not, at all, saying that we should not have banned them, stopped them, saved them, whatever it was we did. At all. I am saying that the way we did it has allowed scum like Dornan to spout, outlets like talkSPORT to run a one sided story and we are not even close to getting our side out there in counter. Unless you count Mark as us getting our side out.

It may have been exactly the right move to make, but it was done so badly that we look petty, amateur, scared of our own fans and unable to police our own stadium.

Shambolic handling of the situation thus far and we need to come out today explaining what happened.
Scum like Dormans will spout shite about rangers no matter what.
A question I asked yesterday have rangers confirmed this is the reason that those two were not allowed in.
Plus bt knew well that mutton wasn,t allowed in to Ibrox.so why try and get him in.simple for the publicity. If rangers have,t put out a statement about this are weonly taken muttons word on this.

I could not give one flying fu** about the so called "bad publicity" we are getting over this. All the same biased arseholes putting the boot in, all they ever bang on about is big bad Rangers, yet none have an issue with decades of the vliest of crimes across the city.

None of them gave a shit when Kris Boyd was removed from celtc games to give a direct comparison. No not one.

Fu** Chris Sutton
Fu** Neil Lennon

After Sutton personally attacked DJ on Clyde, he should never be involved in media again. This hate fuelled individual makes money for the scum that employ him.
Gutter trash media is the scourge of this country nowadays, all aided and abetted by politicians who actually defend them!
We are now in a really sad, divided place and as a once proud part of this nation, they are dragging us to the bottom of this gutter.
Ban them all.

‘Security risk’ is a terrible way to word it, that doesn’t do anyone any favours.

If they’re sitting in a room in Ibrox covering the tims because that’s where all the BT equipment will be, and then being replaced by McCoist and Weir before the Rangers game, I’m not sure I see a big issue with that.

If they’re banned for continually talking shite about the club, then that’s fine - but say that, don’t say ‘security risk’.

What we could have said is that two such blatant and rabid Celtic fans were no longer welcome at Ibrox and that that went for the rest of them in the MSSM.

This guy is offended by so many things. A day in the life of Dornan;
" It's a nice sunny day, blue skies. Blue skies, reminds me of Rangers. "
" I'll have a banana for lunch. Hate oranges. Orange walks. I need to complain."
" That driver indicated right instead of left. Obviously sectarian in nature as the indicator light is orange. We need to stop marches."
" Grass cutters outside my hoose. Obviously hate green and are pure bigots."
Ok James,is it not time every single journalist started telling the truth about a 50 year old Paedophile ring around Celtic Football Club,Directors,Managers & assorted employees, current to this day?,thought not.
WATP

He spoke about it on scottish football extra said its on Trump levels from us for not letting him into last night and McAllister and Gerrard must be embarrassed how the club is behaving.

McCoist backed him up saying he was disappointed and floating towards Russia and China levels of free speech.

Last edited:
This isn't about being snubbed, this is all about wages. One's out of a job and the other's a bankrupt. We robbed them of a nights work - cash in hand.
Bingo "And former Celtic manager and captain Neil Lennon is believed to be taking legal advice over loss of earnings after being denied access to Ibrox" According to the Sun

He spoke about it on scottish football extra said its Trumpism levels for us not letting him last night and McAllister and Gerrard must be embarrassed how the club is behaving.

McCoist backed him up saying he was disappointed and floating towards Russia and China levels of free speech.
Much as I love McCoist he seems to think he needs to everyone's mate . His nice guy persona didn't do him any good when they took the piss when he was manager. Sutton is banned BT knew that , BT are at fault. F'me Sutton a reptile Ally don't give him the time of day whereas Rangers made you very rich.

Much as I love McCoist he seems to think he needs to everyone's mate . His nice guy persona didn't do him any good when they took the piss when he was manager. Sutton is banned BT knew that , BT are at fault. F'me Sutton a reptile Ally don't give him the time of day whereas Rangers made you very rich.
Sutton did say that he was told previously by the club he wasn't welcome for comments made but he never went into what the comments were from him. McCoist just agreed with him and said what I put in the post and that was it.

I’ll be honest, Sutton is just a wind up merchant in my eyes.

I do think it’s strange that we wouldn’t permit the pair of them to cover the tims game. Especially if BT are approaching UEFA over it as was reported earlier.

IIRC in our away European games there’s been Rangers players in the piggery studio before their home game. I may be wrong but also sure Petrov or Mjallby have been at Ibrox as well in the past

I’ll be honest, Sutton is just a wind up merchant in my eyes.

I do think it’s strange that we wouldn’t permit the pair of them to cover the tims game. Especially if BT are approaching UEFA over it as was reported earlier.

IIRC in our away European games there’s been Rangers players in the piggery studio before their home game. I may be wrong but also sure Petrov or Mjallby have been at Ibrox as well in the past
Petrov and Mjallby have been inside Ibrox but they're professional and do their job well. On the other hand Sutton is a troll who constantly attacks the club.

BT sent Rory Hamilton and Hartson out to Spain for the game last night so they could have sent a presenting team over if they were that bothered.

I’m not a fan of banning individuals, I think it’s unnecessary and not a good look for us. That sort of action is noticed beyond the cess pit of daily record readers and SNP hate mob.

Can’t stand Lennon, Sutton I feel is more a panto villain and not in the Lennon bracket for me, but regardless….I don’t think either should be banned. Let them attend and look to Rangers men like Boyd, McCoist and Rae to put them in their place to balance their criticism.

I might be wrong but I don’t recall seeing other big clubs like man United and liverpool banning former players from punditry at their grounds. Souness gives Pogba an OTT time of it regularly but it would be embarrassing for man united to ban him.

Bingo "And former Celtic manager and captain Neil Lennon is believed to be taking legal advice over loss of earnings after being denied access to Ibrox" According to the Sun
Pmsl loss of earnings. It’s a private place we decide who gets in no one else

would be fantastic if he takes it to court

rangers then lost his comments and play a few videos ducking crank

I’m not a fan of banning individuals, I think it’s unnecessary and not a good look for us. That sort of action is noticed beyond the cess pit of daily record readers and SNP hate mob.

Can’t stand Lennon, Sutton I feel is more a panto villain and not in the Lennon bracket for me, but regardless….I don’t think either should be banned. Let them attend and look to Rangers men like Boyd, McCoist and Rae to put them in their place to balance their criticism.

I might be wrong but I don’t recall seeing other big clubs like man United and liverpool banning former players from punditry at their grounds. Souness gives Pogba an OTT time of it regularly but it would be embarrassing for man united to ban him.
If Gary Neville had once shouted “something derogatory to the Jewish faith”, then I’m more than certain that he wouldn’t be allowed near a microphone, never mind be welcome in the Spurs ground.
They would not just ban them, they would be a pariah to that club, and rightfully so.
That is what those two bigots have done in the past.
I’m 100% behind the club here, and anyone taking the “bridges” stance, need to be educated as to what these pieces of shit want to be their ‘final solution’. Pun intended.

Last edited:

Man utd under Sir Alex banned the bbc and when they were legally told they were allowed sent out the assistant manager manager

I could not give one flying fu** about the so called "bad publicity" we are getting over this. All the same biased arseholes putting the boot in, all they ever bang on about is big bad Rangers, yet none have an issue with decades of the vliest of crimes across the city.

None of them gave a shit when Kris Boyd was removed from celtc games to give a direct comparison. No not one.

Fu** Chris Sutton
Fu** Neil Lennon
I'm with you they will never and have never shown us in a positive manner. I couldn't give a dam. The way the club is telling every rat were to go, is the right way to do it. We have tried and tried all my life to be shown in a fair, and even handed way, it aint every going to happen so fu.k them all

Surely this isn't the DR, Sutton, popcorn teeth et Al complaining because they realise that their careers depend on our good grace? What's the phrase, don't bite the hand that feeds you?

I'm with you they will never and have never shown us in a positive manner. I couldn't give a dam. The way the club is telling every rat were to go, is the right way to do it. We have tried and tried all my life to be shown in a fair, and even handed way, it aint every going to happen so fu.k them all
Agree 100% . Rangers public relations should have just reiterated to BT Sport that Sutton takes chronological vilification of our club and support to an extreme level on his social media space.
This is why major corporate entities ha e social media policies . Until such time as BT Sport can be arsed demanding a journalistic ethical code of conduct from freelance employees, Rangers should censor any antagonist presenter for media access . A line has been drawn in the sand. If they don’t want to run a professional outfit that’s their prerogative .
Rangers should be committed to the health and well-being of our magnificent supporters players, management, and staff, in and out of the stadium . Cyber harassment won’t be tolerated .
Instead Rangers public relations moved the negativity to insinuate that social disorder could ensue if access was granted, that’s disingenuous, and an insult to our support.
ultimately they didn’t get in . So progress nonetheless.
The Neil Lennon conundrum requires little words, although after last year he may have been expecting a red, white, and blue carpet on arrival, his comments over the last decade about our support ,and nation , make him forever unwelcome . Then when you consider him playing to the ira gutter, he should never anticipate a British welcoming committee .

Last edited:
Rangers have told BT Sport pundits Chris Sutton and Neil Lennon they won’t be allowed access to Ibrox on Thursday evening to cover the Old Firm’s Europa League clashes.

Record Sport understands Gers chiefs have informed BT of the decision this afternoon to refuse entry due to security concerns.

The former Celtic manager and striker have now been taken off punditry duty having been expected to make Ibrox the base for media duties for the Hoops' clash against Real Betis in Spain and then Rangers ' encounter against Lyon in Glasgow.

But the broadcasters were told it would not be possible to accommodate the duo and it is understood BT Sport have been forced to make alternate plans and host both games from their studios in London with a new punditry team.

Both matches are live on BT Sport 3, with Real Betis vs Celtic first up with a 17.45 kick-off.

That's followed immediately by Rangers hosting Lyon, which kicks off at 8pm, and the programmes will run together.

However, the whole thing will not be broadcast from Ibrox as planned following the decision made on Sutton and Lennon.
Ahhh, that Neil Lennon ?

iGjQBZq.jpg

explain F...A.. to them.
our ground,our rules . They can suck it up .too long coming imo

The man who led the campaign to have Rangers fans jailed, lose their jobs, lose their homes, because of the words they used.

In a country where it is now against the law to criticise religion or call a man a man.

Suddenly, when two of his pals are refused free entry and free reign to badmouth the club, employees, and fans at Rangers FC, he suddenly tries to invoke a red scare!

What is it about the journalist class that makes them feel as if they should be treated as royalty in the middle-ages? They are, with very few exceptions, the most self-entitled and delusional rats known to mankind.
When a man that defends a peadophile speaks, I dont listen

The problem is not allowing "Celtic men". It's the fact that on this occasion, BT chose Sutton and Lennon. Sutton is even more unwelcome than Lennon!

They ended up with Petrov in a studio. He would have had no problems if in Ibrox.

Someone within BT Sport was trying to set us up.

The tall and short of it is this, (IMO)

We are 1 game away of FB shouts leading us to a stadium closure. These 2 wanks, regardless of religion would encourage/elicit shouts that would %^*& us, let's be honest, the euro night neds would make sure of it. Clever move from the club.

Until h*n is viewed as sectarian, or indeed, as 'racist' as f***an, then it is not a level playing field.

As far as I am concerned, h*n = f**ian/t***ier/t***. They have 3 illegal terms, we have none, we are simply fair game.

Where the %^*& do we go from here. We need a strong push to illegalise this horrible term h*n, I know I am offended by it.

Without it, what do they call us? Serious question. What would they use without h*n?

Dear BT

We have decided to prevent access into Ibrox to Sutton and Lennon as we feel their presence could cause a problem due to their previous behaviour, not ours. Their history amply illustrates that they will do everything possible to agitate, aggravate and antagonise everyone they can, to incite trouble for the Club with UEFA.
While COVID is still rampant and has greatly affected our squad in recent times, we feel it would also be inadvisable to admit Sutton, as, should he become agitated, he has a history of spitting in peoples’ faces. This constitutes too much of a risk of infection.
While in the past we were obliged to admit Lennon as a player and manager, we no longer have to. He has made no secret of despising Rangers, from spitting on a Ranger’s scarf to mouthing “Orange bastands” at the Directors’ Box after being sent off. He also has a foul mouthed history of verbal abuse and gestures directed at Rangers’ fans. He has complained in the past about feeling unsafe at Ibrox, while at the same time being highly abusive to a female Ranger’s employee who made the mistake of offering him a cup of tea. He doesn’t limit his abuse to within Ibrox either. He’s happy to be publicly abusive as well, as is shown here.
Please find another playpen for these reprobates and send someone else.

Spiers claims the board and Robertson are too harsh and are borderline authoritarian while every single fan of Rangers to a man would tell you we are still too weak.

God help them if our stance hardens any as even the occasional shut out sends them into an absolute meltdown

Dear BT

We have decided to prevent access into Ibrox to Sutton and Lennon as we feel their presence could cause a problem due to their previous behaviour, not ours. Their history amply illustrates that they will do everything possible to agitate, aggravate and antagonise everyone they can, to incite trouble for the Club with UEFA.
While COVID is still rampant and has greatly affected our squad in recent times, we feel it would also be inadvisable to admit Sutton, as, should he become agitated, he has a history of spitting in peoples’ faces. This constitutes too much of a risk of infection.
While in the past we were obliged to admit Lennon as a player and manager, we no longer have to. He has made no secret of despising Rangers, from spitting on a Ranger’s scarf to mouthing “Orange bastands” at the Directors’ Box after being sent off. He also has a foul mouthed history of verbal abuse and gestures directed at Rangers’ fans. He has complained in the past about feeling unsafe at Ibrox, while at the same time being highly abusive to a female Ranger’s employee who made the mistake of offering him a cup of tea. He doesn’t limit his abuse to within Ibrox either. He’s happy to be publicly abusive as well, as is shown here.
Please find another playpen for these reprobates and send someone else.
What was the story about Lennon and being abusive to a rangers staff member who offered him a cup of tea?

If they were in a closed studio somewhere in the stadium I doubt it would have been an issue

However being on an open platform in the stadium, its 100% guaranteed that some muppet would have shouted abuse at Lennon in particular and then we would have an entirely different situation to deal with.

Absolutely the correct call from the club. BT should have known better.

We all know the headlines the “pundits” and “journalists” and “politicians” wanted to achieve after the game. There was even celtic bloggers in the ground FFS.

I said in a couple of threads that the board had to protect the club, granted, that was in respect of taking away allocations. It looks like they made the right call here however!!

Would you continue to invite someone into your house who constantly slagged it off and ran it down and talked down any improvements you had done ?

Cause that’s what Sutton has done for years , he’s rubbished Rangers and our players particularly Morelos on a regular basis and it’s about time we made a stance just like we’ve done with Walker

As for Lennon well he’s been Scottish football’s problem child for over 20 years now and that’s the nicest way I can put it , we all know what he is and he’s no friend of Rangers

BT sport are it here , let’s have Barry Ferguson, Boyd or Alex Rae pitch side at Celtic park next European match and see what the reaction is

Well done Rangers for not falling for the stunt , it looks like we are finally getting wise to them

Back