Christie injury, Alfie to blame Sun complaint update

Subway Bear

After the story about Alfie being to blame for Christie's injury and the online version of the SUN using an old picture from a year ago, I complained to the SUN directly. Next day got an email saying the picture wasnt on the site and case closed. Not good enough as it was on for at least 2-3 hours, so followed up with IPSO. They have now got back to me saying that it is in their remit and they feel it is worth investigating further with a view to putting it to a complaints panel. It doesn't make any judgement against anyone yet, but they have made contact with the SUN who now need to to come up with a better excuse and explain how and why this picture was used.

Only took 5 minutes of my time to complain. We as a support need to do this shit more often, get pro active, even if it just ties them up in paperwork.

UPDATED PAGE 2

Last edited:
After the story about Alfie being to blame for Christie's injury and the online version of the SUN using an old picture from a year ago, I complained to the SUN directly. Next day got an email saying the picture wasnt on the site and case closed. Not good enough as it was on for at least 2-3 hours, so followed up with IPSO. They have now got back to me saying that it is in their remit and they feel it is worth investigating further with a view to putting it to a complaints panel. It doesn't make any judgement against anyone yet, but they have made contact with the SUN who now need to to come up with a better excuse and explain how and why this picture was used.

Only took 5 minutes of my time to complain. We as a support need to do this shit more often, get pro active, even if it just ties them up in paperwork.
I complained when it happened.

I got the same reply from them Subway bear, probably a wrap on the knuckles as usual but anything that causes them some time and cost is well worth the 5 - 10 mins to make a complaint.

Well done Subway Bear.

Is it possible to put the step by step procedure on here ...............................it maybe assist anyone wishing to complain??

Is it possible to put the step by step procedure on here ...............................it maybe assist anyone wishing to complain??

Only 2 steps, use the contact link on SUN website. Always need to complain directly first.

Second step fill in online IPSO form and attach correspondence from SUN (or whoever you complain about).

Really simple, honestly 5 minutes tops.

Well done mate.
There is evidence of an agenda inside the sports section of the Sun and in all honesty, the club should be monitoring and fighting this themselves.
Any large business that relies upon its public profile would be foolish not to attend to this element of their PR.
Even a coordinator working for the club who was willing to recruit the volunteer services of our individual supporters would find although this is a massive job, it could be viable and controlled with the coordinator merely acting as a filter and organiser of evidence to then put together strong cases of wrongdoing when they appear.

I am sure that such a role would soon pay dividends.
No one wants to stop the press telling the truth, all we want is to make sure that they don't get away with distorting the truth and telling outright lies.

Did you get a reply? IPSO have 15 working days to reply, I had actually forgot about it then got email last night.
I got a few questions from Ipso at the time about which photograph proved it was a year old but I have had no further response from them.

Is there actual facts of what Christies injury is and how it was caused?
Is slander still a thing?

we as a club need to employ someone right now,we're being hammered by these clowns from every angle on and off the pitch and we need to start fighting back. the folk on here saying it's nothing and ignore it are the ones that need ignored! sitting back and doing nothing just isn't acceptable anymore!

Well said subway Bear.

Get Active or be an easy target forever more.

Most relevant post on here.

we as a club need to employ someone right now,we're being hammered by these clowns from every angle on and off the pitch and we need to start fighting back. the folk on here saying it's nothing and ignore it are the ones that need ignored! sitting back and doing nothing just isn't acceptable anymore!

Correct. Failure to gather and present the evidence allows them to carry on attacking us.

Great effort mate. Well done

More power to your elbow OP, we as a fan base sometimes do not know our strength as a collective. United we stand...

Fair play for doing this OP, would like to think there is someone at the club who keeps and eye on things like this but I highly doubt it.

The Sun have been scandalous in their treatment of us since the OF game. Well done OP for trying to bring them to task.

Great work and well done for hassling them.

Well done to the OP for doing this. I don't buy any of the newspapers so rely on this forum for most news about Rangers.
Can I ask though, and apologies for my ignorance, but what outcome / punishment do you expect to be handed down to the Sun? Print an apology (which would probably end up buried on a middle page) or something else.
I think the club themselves should be following these incidents up, but it seems to be down to the lowly supporter to do that for them...
Just my tuppenceworth!

David Edgar when in the Rangers Supporters trust stated on one of his pods that they would put in complaints in about articles just to tie newspapers up in cost and time.

I'm always a bit sceptical if these sort of approaches will work, but you've proved that it CAN. Well done, mate.

Back