Ciaran Dickson - No 55 (staunch)

Really assured debut from Ciaran Dickson, he can be proud of himself and it looks like the gaffer took notice too.

Looking forward to seeing more of him in a Rangers jersey.

I'd say he is a level above league 1. Inverness alongside Kennedy or Ayr like Kelly last season, might be a good loan for him. They like to play a bit and loans to those clubs seem to have worked for Kelly and Kennedy.
Yeah mate I agree if you put him in the right team it will do wonders for his development only have to look at kelly to see how well the loan system can work if you find youngsters the right team I can imagine will will be a few championship managers that have watched that and will be interested in getting him.on loan if possible. Only mention Falkirk as they'll be going for the league and he impressed against them

Any young Scottish lad , no matter background has a choice - Rangers , with a route to first team , A1 facilities, World renowed ex player as Manager. Or Celtic , going nowhere .

Yes our support has a Protestant percentage of over 95% , and share love of history and standards. We now have players of all colour and denomination , some of whom openly bless themselves , without any reproach. If we retained the ethos pre 1970 , SG would be gone - I love all our support share , and many of songs we are allowed to sing at matches , but want the best players to know they can come to Ibrox and be welcome by ALL.

The boy showed up well tonight and hopefully has a bright future with us and to wear the number 55 shirt into the bargain was quality and if he was a rhabid then he wouldn’t want that number so we’ll done son and keep it up as this is the place you want to be learning your trade

The boy showed up well tonight and hopefully has a bright future with us and to wear the number 55 shirt into the bargain was quality and if he was a rhabid then he wouldn’t want that number so we’ll done son and keep it up as this is the place you want to be learning your trade
You’ve over thought this bit mate, agree with the rest of your post though.

That’s an understatement lol.

Ciaran has always felt Rangers was the best place for him to develop & have success, so that’s all that really matters.
Exactly mate, a boy at my work's stepson is Rangers daft, as is the boy's dad, and played for Rangers & Celtic at really young level. When he had to pick one or the other as he developed into older boys club groups, he sat down with his dad, stepdad (Celtic fan), etc, and they all agreed Celtic was the best chance of his football career blossoming (this was right around the time of us going to division 3, not sure what was happening at board level etc). He's still there I think, under 15 or 16 level now. Adam is his first name.

Can we not just praise the young lad for having a very good match when he came on for his debut?

Who gives a monkeys about his dad, he wasn't playing.
Definitely. It doesn't matter if he was brought up in a poet household, he's a Rangers man now and that is all that matters.

If his heart is with us, which I'm sure it is, he has my full backing.

It's always great to see a youth player breakthrough and become a regular, lets hope some of them can step up and be counted.

Watched the game at the rangers club here in Calgary. Same last name and was great to hear ‘Dickson’ said so many times by Tom Miller and Stevie Smith! I mentioned to the bears at the club that it was a sign Dickson is wearing 55 .

Any young Scottish lad , no matter background has a choice - Rangers , with a route to first team , A1 facilities, World renowed ex player as Manager. Or Celtic , going nowhere .

Yes our support has a Protestant percentage of over 95% , and share love of history and standards. We now have players of all colour and denomination , some of whom openly bless themselves , without any reproach. If we retained the ethos pre 1970 , SG would be gone - I love all our support share , and many of songs we are allowed to sing at matches , but want the best players to know they can come to Ibrox and be welcome by ALL.
Do you believe our support is 95% Protestant?
I think our society is mainly atheist these days.
I was brought up as a Protestant but the moment I could think for myself I became a very committed atheist.
I’d honestly guess at least 50% of our support are atheists.
Based on the estimate that 52% of the uk population are atheists.

he looked good when he came on but with the squad we have i stuggle to see where he will get more minutes,maybe a loan in january would be best

good to see young king aswell who stays near me in pollok,you will see his ma and da at the walk every year so no need for anybody to worry about what team they support

i think he is far to wee for a centre back yet but only 16 still so plenty of time to grow into it

After reading the gaffers comments he clearly has high hopes for Dickson. Hopefully tied up in a long term deal.

Don't care who his da is. He is professional enough to train with us at Rangers and he has played his Rangers Debut. He is a Rangers Player now.

I was brought up as a Protestant but the moment I could think for myself I became a very committed atheist.
I fully respect your views sir
Would being an atheist mean that 52 percent of people don't believe in God so they wouldn't celebrate Christmas as it's all about celebrating the birth of Jesus
Genuine question buddy no hard feeling ment

I suppose I’m an atheist , with certain Christian values .

Ciaran dickson looked brilliant prospect , while he’s giving his all in our beautiful colours , he can count on my support .

How is it that half of this board knows the boy's da?
They don't, somebody comments about him on a thread, then someone copy's it and so on, as if they grew up next door when infact they've never laid eyes on the family never mind met them.
If they were such big mentally challengeds, then he would never be at us.

Last edited:
I fully respect your views sir
Would being an atheist mean that 52 percent of people don't believe in God so they wouldn't celebrate Christmas as it's all about celebrating the birth of Jesus
Genuine question buddy no hard feeling ment
Christmas is just a family gathering at this point for most people. Nothing to do with Jesus or his lying Mum. As the joke goes, imagine what you would think if your virgin wife gave birth this year and then three other guys turned up with presents.

Good to see youngsters coming through. 5 years since King et al got in and a few years with Gerrard and everything’s moving along exactly as promised. Great sign for the other youngsters and our future.

You’ve missed the gist of this thread.

Read a few of the comments on the first page.
Stopped reading when they mentioned Erskine. There were two Dickson brothers both great players, the younger was 50/50 to play in front of Neil Murray when NM stepped up for his debut. Another who was not related, but could play and was a great singer.

Back