Ciaran Dickson

Looked exceptional against ICT in the cup thought he was on for a big future with us.

Apparently he’s one of them not sure how much truth is in it but we are wasting some amount of cash developing the likes of him and Kennedy if they are from questionable roots.

Looked exceptional against ICT in the cup thought he was on for a big future with us.

Apparently he’s one of them not sure how much truth is in it but we are wasting some amount of cash developing the likes of him and Kennedy if they are from questionable roots.

I heard someone say "one of the three contract rebels"

Did wonder how much the last word was chosen very carefully.

New one on me. What’s the failed Politician/Pundit/Player/Pr1ck been saying?

Dickson was challenged by Keatings that earned him a second yellow during the challenge cup final between the colts and ICT.

Stewart has angry as Dickson clapped the ref Aitken, as he booked Keating and Dickson was also laughing when he walked up to Keating to speak to him as he was walking off the pitch.

Disappointing. Dickson is a good player. If it has anything to do with roots that is disappointing too but the abuse and snide comments from their side must be relentless. Doubt it is anything to do with our side.

Last edited:
This is a bit of a surprise for me. Indications were that he was a very talented player especially in the tournaments our younger teams excelled in. recently. I would hope we have some sort of clause regarding future transfer fees (as the tramps apparently have for Hickey) or a buyback facility at a reasonable price.

Not sure if we wanted to keep him but a move to England's Premier League can have its attractions.

If a few of the youngsters don’t want to be a part of Rangers then shipping them out is the right thing to do

Negativity can spread through the entire youth set up unless it’s nipped in the bud

We only want committed people at the club

If external influences are affecting their attitude and behaviours move them out

He was actually the player I was most excited about coming through.

All the attackers/wingers, etc are the ones who get talked about most but he looked like a player who was quite unique.

For a centre mid he seemed just as adept at both the attacking and defensive side of the game.

Strong, quick, good in the tackle and a goal threat. I don't think we have anyone like him in the first team.

If you watch those teammate videos on RTV, which feature the youngsters, he is always the one being chosen as the 'hardest', quickest and sometimes more skillful. He also seems like a bit of a leader.

Would be a shame if we lost him.

If a few of the youngsters don’t want to be a part of Rangers then shipping them out is the right thing to do

Negativity can spread through the entire youth set up unless it’s nipped in the bud

We only want committed people at the club

If external influences are affecting their attitude and behaviours move them out
Totally agree.
Noticed Kevin Thomson saying a few times last night that players need to earn the right to represent our Club, possibly that was linked to recent events with the youth team.
He mentioned several times that you need to earn the right, and want to do well for the Club - possibly a slight dig towards the ones not pulling their weight at youth level and hence why they're on their way out the door.

Totally agree.
Noticed Kevin Thomson saying a few times last night that players need to earn the right to represent our Club, possibly that was linked to recent events with the youth team.
He mentioned several times that you need to earn the right, and want to do well for the Club - possibly a slight dig towards the ones not pulling their weight at youth level and hence why they're on their way out the door.
Dickson won’t be the first and won’t be the last not to make it. His choices off the field will no doubt have played a part.

He might be one of them but I was sitting next to a relative of his mum or aunt, at the youth cup final when we won 3-2 they were very pro Rangers and were delighted when he was wasting time/kidding on he was injured. Was next to Liam Burts mum a final a few years back and the difference in the 2 families was night and day.

Mainly these young guys from the other side end up getting away as soon as they can with the odd exception, We should be more selective to who we are spending a fortune training.

Last edited:
I had high hopes for dickson and Kennedy. It looks like both haven't made the cut. Im hoping that it is a sign that there is better in the academy. We did hear from the gaffer that there was an attitude problem within the academy so if this helps that, then so be it.

Dickson won’t be the first and won’t be the last not to make it. His choices off the field will no doubt have played a part.

Or the fact their is uncertainty around the youth program this season he might just want to go play football and he won't be the only one.

He is one of them, but he’s always been honest when I’ve spoken to him that he’s only interested in doing what’s best for his career. That’s why when you’ve watched our games he’s generally been one of the better players and given his all.

Essentially he said Rangers was the best place for his development. I’ve certainly always found him to be one of the better players and he’s always gone quite under the radar.

Ergo I would like him stay.

FWIW I don’t think there is much In this, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he’d maybe want to get away and try something new.

I‘m not sure any decision he would make would be due to his leanings.

Looks to me like we feel he is not ready for the first team squad and he wants to develop his career. It's difficult at this age and looks like he is willing to try down south. I hope we get a development fee and wish him well in his career down south.

He is and made some mistakes as regards that a season or two ago but club had a word apparently...

Our first team is tough to get into and down south they have Academy system with games whereas good chance youth leagues up here might not even re-start. Maybe he wants to change direction in his career at a higher level?

He is one of them, but he’s always been honest when I’ve spoken to him that he’s only interested in doing what’s best for his career. That’s why when you’ve watched our games he’s generally been one of the better players and given his all.

Essentially he said Rangers was the best place for his development. I’ve certainly always found him to be one of the better players and he’s always gone quite under the radar.

Ergo I would like him stay.

FWIW I don’t think there is much In this, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he’d maybe want to get away and try something new.

I‘m not sure any decision he would make would be due to his leanings.

Can’t say I’ve seen much of the Youths but he was a different level against ICT than most of the rest.

If his old man is a total bitter he will for sure be chipping away at him every day in life.

Back