Cinch is the new SPFL Title Sponsor

Seems a bit uninspiring on the face of it, but let’s see what kind of cash they’re putting in first.

Seems a lot of people moaning about nothing.

Constellation valued at £2 billion (formally BCA) own Cinch and WeBuyAnyCar. Throwing money into Cinch and are determined to grow the business. Seems on the face of it a decent sponsor.

If, as they say, it's the biggest title sponsorship for the SPFL, then I don't see a problem with it. Nor if their ads are fronted by an idiot TV "personality".

FFS it's not that long since Howard from the Halifax was presenting the trophy...

It seems appropriate considering how easy we made winning the title look!!
Although, maybe Record Breakers would have been more fitting! :))

Oh well, looking forward to Doncaster driving into Ibrox last game of the season with SPL trophy in Delboys Reliant Regal Supervan .

Seems a bit uninspiring on the face of it, but let’s see what kind of cash they’re putting in first.
I laughed out loud at the understatement of “uninspiring” and I’ll hazard a guess we’ll never get to know (willingly) the sum of money involved.

Maybe enough to take Angie and his boys back over for Dubai II - The Sequel, maybe not enough for the return flight though.

Constellation valued at £2 billion (formally BCA) own Cinch and WeBuyAnyCar. Throwing money into Cinch and are determined to grow the business. Seems on the face of it a decent sponsor.
Cazoo their competitor recently valued at 7bn usd. Also sponsoring lots of events - Everton and villa, I think the derby and others. Obviously not a manufacturer like Ford or Chrysler but better than gambling or alcohol firm.

giphy-1-676c.gif

An absolute embarrassment
That lady's front bottom makes me want smash my phone off a wall.

I think the SPFL will get more than that but the nothing people are moaning about is the fact that Doncaster is saying nothing about how much.

Probably get the sh!t about the deal being "commercial in confidence".

No doubt the DayLate Rhecord will be along with the "Record understands the deal to be worth £XXX" but no breakdown of what that XXX figure breaks down to.
Or "It is believed the deal is worth £XXX" "Doncaster doing a great job."

Last edited:

CINCH ANNOUNCED AS SPFL TITLE SPONSOR​

FIVE-YEAR DEAL IS THE LEAGUE’S BIGGEST EVER
The Scottish Professional Football League (SPFL) today announced cinch, the UK’s fastest-growing online used car marketplace, as its new title sponsor in a five-year deal that will run until the 2025/26 season.
The long-term agreement, which will span all four divisions, represents the largest title sponsorship deal in the SPFL’s history.
With immediate effect, Scotland’s professional football leagues will be known as the cinch Premiership, cinch Championship, cinch League 1 and cinch League 2. cinch will also become the League’s Official Car Partner, with the company’s logo incorporated into the League’s composite logo which appears on every player’s sleeve.
This significant investment in the SPFL by cinch builds on an impressive roster of high-profile sponsorship deals with some of the country’s best-loved sports brands, including the ECB, as Principal Partner of England Cricket; Tottenham Hotspur, the LTA for the cinch Championships; the Northampton Saints and The British Motor Show.
cinch also recently announced its headline sponsorship deal of five Live Nation music festivals, including Latitude, Creamfields, TRNSMT, Isle of Wight Festival and Edinburgh Summer Sessions.
SPFL chief executive, Neil Doncaster, said: “This is an enormously significant partnership for our member clubs, and for Scottish football as a whole. Our discussions with cinch have been extremely positive and the duration of the sponsorship agreement demonstrates their long-term commitment to Scottish football.
“Despite the economic situation and the challenging nature of the global sponsorship industry generally, this is the largest-ever sponsorship in the SPFL era. It’s a ringing endorsement of the enduring popularity of Scottish football, not only north of the border but right around the world.
“It’s an exciting time for the Scottish game and I look forward to building on this new partnership as we continue to showcase Scottish football and maximise its exposure to a global audience.”

Robert Bridge, cinch Chief Customer Officer, said: “We are delighted to support the SPFL and welcome them to our high-profile family of sports sponsorships. It’s another great win for cinch that will play such an important role in putting us and our customers at the centre of some fantastic sporting moments.
“Scottish football has a UK audience of over 20 million but more importantly, it is the heartbeat of the Scottish community. As football fans make a return to stadiums for the new season cinch looks forward to being there alongside them for all those celebratory moments we’ve missed so much as we continue to make buying a car as faff-free as possible across Scotland and the UK.”
cinch takes the faff out of finding, buying and owning a used car. It has quickly established itself as a leader for online used car search and purchases in the UK. It’s faff-free commitment to customers puts Britain back in the driving seat, with quality checked used cars delivered direct to the buyer’s door wherever they are across mainland UK, and a 14-day money-back guarantee.
Constellation Automotive Group, which also owns WeBuyAnyCar and BCA, recently raised over £1bn to turbocharge cinch’s growth across the UK and Europe.
cinch will also become the League’s Official Car Partner,
WTF does that mean ? Cars for the SPFL Blazer Chasers ?

"It’s a ringing endorsement of the enduring popularity of Scottish football, not only north of the border but right around the world.
“It’s an exciting time for the Scottish game and I look forward to building on this new partnership as we continue to showcase Scottish football and maximise its exposure to a global audience.” "

FFS Doncaster continues to earn nearly £400k pa for turd polishing.

"............maximise its exposure to a global audience.” How ? With one of those stickers " I bought this car with Cinch" on the bottom of the rear windows of those second hand cars ? All around the globe ?

The Scottish game needs a right good rethink to make it more commercially attractive. The obvious are to change the leadership, stop the anti-Rangers rhetoric, rebrand the national team as an international team and not cultural parody of see you Jimmy hats and leverage the global draw of the biggest assets = the old firm rather than artificially supporting (financially and ego pandering) the plethora of diddy teams. Not being flexible on fixture lists when we reached uefa cup final was self harming at its best. The mindset is truly tin pot. Bring in Eddie Hearn :)

The Scottish Professional Football League (SPFL) today announced cinch, the UK’s fastest-growing online used car marketplace, as its new title sponsor in a five-year deal that will run until the 2025/26 season.

The long-term agreement, which will span all four divisions, represents the largest title sponsorship deal in the SPFL’s history.

With immediate effect, Scotland’s professional football leagues will be known as the cinch Premiership, cinch Championship, cinch League 1 and cinch League 2. cinch will also become the League’s Official Car Partner, with the company’s logo incorporated into the League’s composite logo which appears on every player’s sleeve.

This significant investment in the SPFL by cinch builds on an impressive roster of high-profile sponsorship deals with some of the country’s best-loved sports brands, including the ECB, as Principal Partner of England Cricket; Tottenham Hotspur, the LTA for the cinch Championships; the Northampton Saints and The British Motor Show.

cinch also recently announced its headline sponsorship deal of five Live Nation music festivals, including Latitude, Creamfields, TRNSMT, Isle of Wight Festival and Edinburgh Summer Sessions.

SPFL chief executive, Neil Doncaster, said: “This is an enormously significant partnership for our member clubs, and for Scottish football as a whole. Our discussions with cinch have been extremely positive and the duration of the sponsorship agreement demonstrates their long-term commitment to Scottish football.

“Despite the economic situation and the challenging nature of the global sponsorship industry generally, this is the largest-ever sponsorship in the SPFL era. It’s a ringing endorsement of the enduring popularity of Scottish football, not only north of the border but right around the world.

“It’s an exciting time for the Scottish game and I look forward to building on this new partnership as we continue to showcase Scottish football and maximise its exposure to a global audience.”

Robert Bridge, cinch Chief Customer Officer, said: “We are delighted to support the SPFL and welcome them to our high-profile family of sports sponsorships. It’s another great win for cinch that will play such an important role in putting us and our customers at the centre of some fantastic sporting moments.

“Scottish football has a UK audience of over 20 million but more importantly, it is the heartbeat of the Scottish community. As football fans make a return to stadiums for the new season cinch looks forward to being there alongside them for all those celebratory moments we’ve missed so much as we continue to make buying a car as faff-free as possible across Scotland and the UK.”

cinch takes the faff out of finding, buying and owning a used car. It has quickly established itself as a leader for online used car search and purchases in the UK. It’s faff-free commitment to customers puts Britain back in the driving seat, with quality checked used cars delivered direct to the buyer’s door wherever they are across mainland UK, and a 14-day money-back guarantee.

Constellation Automotive Group, which also owns WeBuyAnyCar and BCA, recently raised over £1bn to turbocharge cinch’s growth across the UK and Europe.

Would anyone buy a car from cinch sponsoring that corrupt fuukin regime.

You gotta be aff yer fuukin heid.

I'm not convinced this outfit will still be going in 5 years time. Things can change very quickly in that field. They seem to be spending a helluva lot on sponsorship and advertising just now.
Classic pattern - burn through investment cash chasing growth then when broke go to investors looking for more only to be turned down and effectively out of business
Could be they succeed but probability is they won't and as you say in 5 years not around any more. My best guess would be 2 - 3 years from now the league will be looking for a new sponsor having received very little from this one
But of course they will have done their DD across all those keen to sponsor and have chosen the best, most stable one.

Classic pattern - burn through investment cash chasing growth then when broke go to investors looking for more only to be turned down and effectively out of business
Could be they succeed but probability is they won't and as you say in 5 years not around any more. My best guess would be 2 - 3 years from now the league will be looking for a new sponsor having received very little from this one
But of course they will have done their DD across all those keen to sponsor and have chosen the best, most stable one.

Brilliant haha

The Scottish game needs a right good rethink to make it more commercially attractive. The obvious are to change the leadership, stop the anti-Rangers rhetoric, rebrand the national team as an international team and not cultural parody of see you Jimmy hats and leverage the global draw of the biggest assets = the old firm rather than artificially supporting (financially and ego pandering) the plethora of diddy teams. Not being flexible on fixture lists when we reached uefa cup final was self harming at its best. The mindset is truly tin pot. Bring in Eddie Hearn :)
I honestly think it’s impossible as the earls are too full of hate to see the bigger picture. We need a period of Rangers ultra dominance.

No figures and a 5 year deal makes me very underwhelmed
Yep that immediately jumps out that no figures quoted. Doncaster once again getting an easy ride from his pals in the media. I strongly suspect he's sold Scottish football short once again !

Back