Circulation slumps - Sunday Mail 14% and Daily Record 12% down in one year

Will be a sad day if print goes away altogether. Can’t imagine walking into a newsagent or petrol station and not seeing a stack of papers. I understand people’s anger of portrayal of Rangers in the papers over the years. But if you don’t read anything but sports pages then you won’t see there is still some quality work. Investigative journalism will be a thing of the past very soon and personally I’d be a bit gutted to have to google everything I want to know.

The Daily Record and Sunday Mail are only fit for wiping your arse with and I am damned if I will give them or the Sun a penny.

A tim at work buys the record every day and calls it the daily ranger.

Why the %^*& do you buy it then ?

Stop buying this pish bears...... Let's kill them.

I hope their demise is soon they backed the wrong horse and it is time for the majority to use their numbers to end their war against us.
The klaxon of death is nigh
The Grim Reaper hovers over what was once a fine Scottish institution.
The Daily Record and Sunday Mail were part of my everyday life for many, many years growing up and into my forties. I haven’t bought either of those rhags for over a decade now. I missed them at first, but now I’m glad I ditched them and I look forward to the day they no longer exist.

I had a paper run in 1998 and 90+ percent were Records with the odd Sun, Daily Mail and Daily Express. Their back page made for sought after football news before the internet took off. Far cry to what they've become.

Back