City Fans Celebrate Title

Small time club who got lucky when the Arab's dart happened to land on Eastlands.

Regular 30,000 in the third tier

Always had a loyal following

It was midweek. They weren’t playing. The league had been won for months. Did anybody expect wild celebrations?

Everyone involved with City is waiting for winning the Champions League to celebrate yet another multi trophy winning season

As for the Warrington lads who preferred it when they were shit

Shite for years but their support was more genuine and passionate then. Since they got their free stadium and the Arab sugar daddies moved in they’re unrecognisable. Looks like winning the league again is just boring for them now, see if there’s any more reaction if they win the Champions League that they don’t even sell out their home games in.

Just a pity re City with fans. Rangers fans used to have a great affiliation with the City fans, we used to travel down regularly in coach loads and play in their five aside comps every year then treated to great hospitality in the City social club and tickets for their games always to hand. I remember one Derby where Rangers fans stood with the city fans punching fekk out of Man utd fans who attacked the city end. Great Times

Regular 30,000 in the third tier

Always had a loyal following

It was midweek. They weren’t playing. The league had been won for months. Did anybody expect wild celebrations?

Everyone involved with City is waiting for winning the Champions League to celebrate yet another multi trophy winning season

As for the Warrington lads who preferred it when they were shit
Yip, they preferred going to games at Maine Road when they were mince.

eD7AFV4.gif

Shite for years but their support was more genuine and passionate then. Since they got their free stadium and the Arab sugar daddies moved in they’re unrecognisable. Looks like winning the league again is just boring for them now, see if there’s any more reaction if they win the Champions League that they don’t even sell out their home games in.
I guess this is what you get when you're a club that's given everything.

Yip, they preferred going to ga thmes at Maine Road when they were mince.

You want to look at who played for them during this era,cup finals etc,and no foreign money involved.great Manchester club, great Manchester supporters, good rangers support used to supplement this base.
You sound and come over like somebody that doesn't know what they are talking about! i.m.o.of course.

Since the sheikh took over city have poured more into ,in regards to the community! when they were developingthe local community than even Manchester council !, which included only locals working within a20 miles radius were employed.

I actually had a guy on Facebook who was a Man City fan just slating me for how pathetic Rangers were. How small a club and such a pathetic league. I hadn't even said anything other than it looked like Man City were at least observing the pandemic restrictions.

When you look at the money Man City have spent to get the success they have it's a bit of a joke. A club with absolutely zero soul.

Yip, they preferred going to games at Maine Road when they were mince.

Extended family who are all season ticket holders at Man City,who also favour Glasgow Rangers,been there through thick and thin, similar to our support,and some are keyboard warriors, similar to our support.

I actually had a guy on Facebook who was a Man City fan just slating me for how pathetic Rangers were. How small a club and such a pathetic league. I hadn't even said anything other than it looked like Man City were at least observing the pandemic restrictions.

When you look at the money Man City have spent to get the success they have it's a bit of a joke. A club with absolutely zero soul.

Sarcasm comes in ALL shapes and forms,brechin city support say about our success against our budget! success!
Get a life.

There were more fans standing on the waste ground between the stands tonight watching us play a dead rubber against a team of hammer throwers than were out celebrating City’s league win last night.
They’re a support spoiled by success.

City have one of the most loyal supports in the football league. Like us, they supported their club through tick and thin from the 3rd division. Jist sayin.
Dropped under 30k for a lot of years.

Then suddenly they found another few thousand when they went up. To say attendances didn't drop is not true. This City attendance in lower divisions thing is becoming a bit of a myth.

There were more fans standing on the waste ground between the stands tonight watching us play a dead rubber against a team of hammer throwers than were out celebrating City’s league win last night.
They’re a support spoiled by success.

City weren’t playing....

City weren’t playing....
What does that matter?
We weren’t playing when we won the league but the Bears still turned out in numbers.
City fans love to say they’re the true Manchester club because their support is local, so no reason that all their local fans couldn’t arrange to go to the stadium to celebrate, playing on the night or not.
I just feel they’re spoiled by success and have zero passion.

Dropped under 30k for a lot of years.

Then suddenly they found another few thousand when they went up. To say attendances didn't drop is not true. This City attendance in lower divisions thing is becoming a bit of a myth.
I beg to differ - City's average home attendance was 30k+

What does that matter?
We weren’t playing when we won the league but the Bears still turned out in numbers.
City fans love to say they’re the true Manchester club because their support is local, so no reason that all their local fans couldn’t arrange to go to the stadium to celebrate, playing on the night or not.

That’s your opinion RE. The passion

I know for a fact it’s wrong but hey ho

I was there the night of the Spurs CL quarter final. Believe me there was passion that night

You want to look at who played for them during this era,cup finals etc,and no foreign money involved.great Manchester club, great Manchester supporters, good rangers support used to supplement this base.
You sound and come over like somebody that doesn't know what they are talking about! i.m.o.of course.
You've lost me? I've been to Maine Road with dyed in the wool City fans who I know personally and they are of the opinion that they preferred those days to the soulless, sanitised Etihad.

Sounds like the new generation of City supporter. The old song “where were you when you were shite?” springs to mind. I know where we were.

Some years are missing here, not sure why, but of the seasons listed from 82/83 it was under that for a right few years.

How old are you? The reason I ask is the crowds in late 70s/ 80s were poor in comparison to today’s crowds. Football crowds were treated dreadfully

I’ve had a season ticket since about 1981 and my first ticket was a Rover ticket. You could sit anywhere in Copland / Govan. The. Figures in your post would be very similar to Rangers attendances. In the 80s you could pay at the gate for more or less any game. I’ve paid into Parkhead and Pittodrie for example.

City’s support has never been in question.

I know for a fact it is not as easy as some seem to think to get a ticket as most games at The Etihad are sold out. I’ve been down many times but I know season ticket holders with high Cityzen numbers who can get tickets

Empty seats you see are annoying but are season ticket holders who are not there for some reason. It happens at every ground including Ibrox

I’m sure you’ll see celebrations when City beat Chelsea in the Champions League

You've lost me? I've been to Maine Road with dyed in the wool City fans who I know personally and they are of the opinion that they preferred those days to the soulless, sanitised Etihad.

I enjoyed the days of terracing and look back through rose tinted glasses. I remember when Ibrox was a hostile arena. Away players and supporters used to actually fear coming to Ibrox.

I’ve blocked out the days at Easter Road, Tynecastle etc etc standing in the pissing rain frozen right through watching Cammy Fraser and Hugh Burns!!

Literally thousands of City fans preferred Maine road,and still do!thing is ground was classed as"not fit for purpose",and the opportunity for the commonwealth stadium too good to pass up! can't live in the past!
It's up to their support to generate the atmosphere, and they can when they want.
By the way I have been in my seat at Ibrox and embarrassingly heard kllmarnock,hibs,fans taunt us, with "is this a library"

That’s embarrassing.

Genuinely think if our woman won the league we would get more people gathering.

It would be infinitely less embarrassing if the dozens didn't turn up and the place was empty.

Literally thousands of City fans preferred Maine road,and still do!thing is ground was classed as"not fit for purpose",and the opportunity for the commonwealth stadium too good to pass up! can't live in the past!
It's up to their support to generate the atmosphere, and they can when they want.
By the way I have been in my seat at Ibrox and embarrassingly heard kllmarnock,hibs,fans taunt us, with "is this a library"
I get all that. I was in Maine Road a few times near the end and it was definitely time to move.

How old are you? The reason I ask is the crowds in late 70s/ 80s were poor in comparison to today’s crowds. Football crowds were treated dreadfully

I’ve had a season ticket since about 1981 and my first ticket was a Rover ticket. You could sit anywhere in Copland / Govan. The. Figures in your post would be very similar to Rangers attendances. In the 80s you could pay at the gate for more or less any game. I’ve paid into Parkhead and Pittodrie for example.

City’s support has never been in question.

I know for a fact it is not as easy as some seem to think to get a ticket as most games at The Etihad are sold out. I’ve been down many times but I know season ticket holders with high Cityzen numbers who can get tickets

Empty seats you see are annoying but are season ticket holders who are not there for some reason. It happens at every ground including Ibrox

I’m sure you’ll see celebrations when City beat Chelsea in the Champions League

I got a ticket for the Monaco 5-3 game the night before the match on public sale so that doesn't say much for ticket sales to the Etihad.

The poster and lots of others always say it was 30 thousand crowds every year in the lower leagues. It wasn't.

I've been to see City a few times, I have no ill will towards them.

Man City are a very rich club - is that all that makes up a big club these days? I really don't think so. As mentioned already on this thread, part time fans hanging onto the success and the money spent etc. really don't make up a real fan base.

There is no passion from the Man City support at all. Most of them would drop the club in a minute if they lost their money and big name players. We wouldn't and have proven that time and time again over the years. We have fans all over the world who genuinely love the club in whatever shape it is in. We've got genuine success, not success we had to spend billions of pounds even getting close to.

I actually quite like Man City - well, what they were before at least.

I got a ticket for the Monaco 5-3 game the night before the match on public sale so that doesn't say much for ticket sales to the Etihad.

The poster and lots of others always say it was 30 thousand crowds every year in the lower leagues. It wasn't.

I've been to see City a few times, I have no ill will towards them.

I was talking about league games.

You can get Champions League tickets. I ve been to a few and even gave away my City v Celtic ticket as they had qualified and I didn’t fancy travelling down midweek for a game against’Them’.

I think the point they were making is the crowds have held up well compared to most and talk of them having no real loyal support is just nonsense

I think the posters slating City would be shocked at Rangers crowds in the early 80s. Especially league cup section games from that period. Thank God for David Holmes and his vision

I was talking about league games.

You can get Champions League tickets. I ve been to a few and even gave away my City v Celtic ticket as they had qualified and I didn’t fancy travelling down midweek for a game against’Them’.

I think the point they were making is the crowds have held up well compared to most and talk of them having no real loyal support is just nonsense

I think the posters slating City would be shocked at Rangers crowds in the early 80s. Especially league cup section games from that period. Thank God for David Holmes and his visio

Saying they have no support is nonsense obviously, but it's also nonsense to exagerate the figures they did have. The figure gets higher every time it's mentioned!

What does that matter?

Different circumstances though isn’t it. They’ve just won their 5th title in 10 years. We’ve just won our first in about 10 and after crooks tried to kill us, this clearly means a hell of a lot more to us than their 5th in 10 years means to them.

The “scenes” were still a bit embarrassing but I think the criticism they relieve is a bit excessive.

Averaged 28,000 in third tier. Went to a few as my mate was City, wasn’t always rammed to be fair. Come across a few City when go non league who have jacked it in, same can be said across most the north west mind - loads of lads who followed higher Clubs when younger who are now in their 40s, 50s and 60s etc… don’t go now and go non league instead.

Back