City v Real Madrid

I love Aguero, on sheer ability I would have him ahead of Kane. Fitness is catching up to him though so currently I think Kane is better/better option. City’s biggest task is getting his replacement, I like Jesus but he doesn’t have that ruthless Aguero does.

Kane also seems to gets injured every season, he is a great striker but he isn’t up there with the elite imo until he goes to a club and his goals win major trophies. When I was listening to the bollocks Bent was talking saying Kane and Aubameyang were both better than Benzema on my way to work this morning I thought you’ve never seen this guy in the flesh. I seen him as a 19 year old at Ibrox and he tore us apart, looked like a certain Ballon D’orr winner that night.

Kane also seems to gets injured every season, he is a great striker but he isn’t up there with the elite imo until he goes to a club and his goals win major trophies. When I was listening to the bollocks Bent was talking saying Kane and Aubameyang were both better than Benzema on my way to work this morning I thought you’ve never seen this guy in the flesh. I seen him as a 19 year old at Ibrox and he tore us apart, looked like a certain Ballon D’orr winner that night.
Any other era or team he probably would have. Up with Mendietta and Riquelme that night.

On the Kane thing, I actually prefer Aguero personally but trying to get a middle ground and be objective. I agree though, he’s in danger of becoming a less successful Shearer.

@Arkanoid that’s me out, you guys can debate Kane and Aguero if yous wish ;)

Him and Ben Arfa played together up front that might and ripped us.

The thing that impresses me in watching teams like this is their ability to achieve instant control of the ball and then deliver a pass or a shot. Leverkusen had it last night but not quite to the same degree.
Philosophy is the same and although open to tweaking you need to stand by your beliefs, execution improves the higher the standard you go. Which is why it's galling to hear Bears want us to scrap playing out from the goal kicks/backline because it won us 3 points against Aberdeen but never worked against a bigger, stronger, technically and tactically stronger side than Aberdeen. Rangers philosophy is silverware and not a system so we Def have to be open to change but nail your beliefs, back em and improve them every day

I have a sneaking feeling that this game is going to extra time and if it does Real might well pull off a win. Having said that, Man City will probably come out in the 2nd half and score a hatfull.

I ca
Philosophy is the same and although open to tweaking you need to stand by your beliefs, execution improves the higher the standard you go. Which is why it's galling to hear Bears want us to scrap playing out from the goal kicks/backline because it won us 3 points against Aberdeen but never worked against a bigger, stronger, technically and tactically stronger side than Aberdeen. Rangers philosophy is silverware and not a system so we Def have to be open to change but nail your beliefs, back em and improve them every day
[/Q

I can't disagree with anything you have stated, only that in order to play out from the back and have it work, you need to have players that possess exceptional technique, not just 'good' as Rangers (at best) have, but really top drawer.

Waiting on a shot on target for a bet?
Or having flashbacks to 5 a side tournaments as a kid when rather than upset kids with Pens it was most corners won... Absolute nBS if you ask me but I do not, Repeat do not have bitter childhood memories about losing a tourney on corners. CORNERS!!

On the Sterling thing, would he get in most teams in the world?. Yes IMO, Liverpool, Bayern, Barca, Madrid, PSG maybe not because of their two wingers but anywhere else then yes. Thus, world class, just my opinion.

KDB is the best midfielder in the world at present imo. Should be English POTY imho. But Sterling is World class ffs
A devils advocate would say that KDB could play the Sterling role and be world class and push or better his numbers. If a midfielder could step in and do that then for Sterling to truly prove it he needs big match winning moments. Like tonight perhaps!

On the Sterling thing, would he get in most teams in the world?. Yes IMO, Liverpool, Bayern, Barca, Madrid, PSG maybe not because of their two wingers but anywhere else then yes. Thus, world class, just my opinion.
Not better team wise than Mane though, worse numbers than Salah, doesn't offer the same as a false 9 as the Scouse striker who doesn't score. Where would he play in a Klopp Liverpool side?

Not better team wise than Mane though, worse numbers than Salah, doesn't offer the same as a false 9 as the Scouse striker who doesn't score. Where would he play in a Klopp Liverpool side?
I like Mane but I think Sterling could take his place, I didn’t consider the team aspect though tbf. If I had my way to replace any of that front three it would be Salah. But that doesn’t help my point :))

Sterling’s numbers are significantly better than Salah this season.

Sterling is still an incomplete player IMO - his finishing, his decision making, passing at times is erratic. He is a very good player, but is 'world class' only in the eyes of the English sports media.

Sterling is still an incomplete player IMO - his finishing, his decision making, passing at times is erratic. He is a very good player, but is 'world class' only in the eyes of the English sports media.
His decision making is the main drawback, in terms of a goal scoring forward but I don’t think many are better. 30 goals in 50 games this season is great going, as I said I think outwith a couple of teams he plays in any side.

Just my opinion as someone who doesn’t particularly like him.

De bruyne is a class act must n the top 3 best midfielders atm.. beva travesty if a player like him doesnt win the champions league

He would play the Salah or Mane role. With the CF dropping taking the CHs with him he would score a barrelload imo.

Can see Madrid hitting City with a sucker punch here - how many chances have City passed up - and the arse falling out of City in the aftermath.

Hopefully proven wrong, but seen this episode before

I would never drop a Mane or a Salah from a Liverpool side!
I will concede there is a peak point where Liverpool can gain maximum value on Mane and sell him but it's only Madrid you can sell to likewise with Raheem you only have Real as a buyer unless Klopp blinks 1st and frees up a place
He would play the Salah or Mane role. With the CF dropping taking the CHs with him he would score a barrelload imo.

Back