City v Real Madrid

Man City can often play football that is incredible to watch and purr over.

This tie has been a different type of excellent football though-their workrate, positioning and speed of thought has left a great Real Madrid side floundering at times.

It’s been very impressive.

You've really got to wonder what Mourinho was watching in training with both KDB and Salah. Both have certainly proven him wrong.

Certainly didn't expect this to happen during the game!

2008080214020095.png

Funny game. City are clearly a better side than Real Madrid but didn't play anywhere near their best tonight and in the end needed two mistakes from Varane for there goals despite creating a number of chances.

Kyle Walker was the best player on the pitch tonight. To think someone here a couple of months ago called him average and another insisted that Tavernier was better. Good God!

And in the eyes of Guardiola...

Stop embarrassing yourself.

What else do you think Pep would say regarding his own player? Sterling is very very good and improved massively since Peps arrival. He still makes the wrong decision pretty regularly and certainly isn’t world class.

What else do you think Pep would say regarding his own player? Sterling is very very good and improved massively since Peps arrival. He still makes the wrong decision pretty regularly and certainly isn’t world class.

Yeah, because Guardiola would play someone who is only "very good" pretty much every week when fit in Man City's attack.

You're one of them that also doesn't think Harry Kane is world-class either so clearly what you actually know about football you could write on the back of a postage stamp.

Yeah, because Guardiola would play someone who is only "very good" pretty much every week when fit in Man City's attack.

You're one of them that also doesn't think Harry Kane is world-class either so clearly what you actually know about football you could write on the back of a postage stamp.

Can you point me to when I have claimed Harry Kane isn’t world class or are you just making things up to try and better your argument?

I take it you think Jesus, Mahrez, Walker, Gundogan and we could go on are all world class considering Pep plays them pretty much every week?

Its funny how you use the very good as if that isn’t good enough reason to play someone. In your eyes all the top teams must have 11 world class players in each position considering very good doesn’t quite cut it.

There’s not a midfielder that comes close to KDB, best midfielder in the world, such a well rounded midfielder as well. Hard to think of a genuine weakness in his game.

I take it you think Jesus, Mahrez, Walker, Gundogan and we could go on are all world class considering Pep plays them pretty much every week?

The players you mention there do not start every week.
Aguero would start if fit before Jesus

Rodri and Foden start as many as Gundogan

Bernardo Silva starts as many as Mahrez

Walker is in and out of the team.

Sterling when fit is in that team every week

Funny game. City are clearly a better side than Real Madrid but didn't play anywhere near their best tonight and in the end needed two mistakes from Varane for there goals despite creating a number of chances.

Kyle Walker was the best player on the pitch tonight. To think someone here a couple of months ago called him average and another insisted that Tavernier was better. Good God!
I’ve a ST at City mate and Walker frustrates the life out of me. He has it all to be one of the best in the world but many performances aren’t like last nights. He was brilliant against Real. The defence is the only weak part of the side , middle to front as good as anyone in the world.

A bit late to the party on this thread but could someone please tell me why the Real Madrid players who were presumably coming over from Spain didn't have to self isolate for 2 weeks before playing the game ?

p.s this isn't some smarmy comment I genuinely would like to know.

A bit late to the party on this thread but could someone please tell me why the Real Madrid players who were presumably coming over from Spain didn't have to self isolate for 2 weeks before playing the game ?

p.s this isn't some smarmy comment I genuinely would like to know.
I don’t know for sure but I’m pretty sure footballers get a special exemption due to the prolific testing they get. I’m not sure though.

Weirdly I think the fact he chose to be loyal to Juventus makes him even more of a legend than winning a CL would. A proper modern day hero like Totti. Both players easily good enough to win the CL but chose their clubs over glory.
Forgetting his season at PSG conveniently?

I’ve a ST at City mate and Walker frustrates the life out of me. He has it all to be one of the best in the world but many performances aren’t like last nights. He was brilliant against Real. The defence is the only weak part of the side , middle to front as good as anyone in the world.
Walker last night was very good. I thought at one point that he wasn’t as good as others when making simple passes. Last night he looked very assured and a far better player than the last couple of times I’ve seen him and like you said his performances aren’t always consistent.

There's no question that going forward he has always been world-class in my mind. His biggest downside throughout his career has been lapses in concentration. But his power and pace is right up there with any right-back in world football over the last 10 years in my opinion.

Back