City vs Spurs

Lot of ridiculous replies in this thread.

The introduction of VAR didn't rule the goal out. The introduction of a rule that a goal cannot stand if it has hit any part of the arm of an attacker in the immediate build up ruled it out. VAR just applied the laws of the game.

But the ref didn't spot it!!!

So, two things.

1) The ref doesnt have to spot it as it will he picked up by the cameras and he cam concentrate on other points in the move.

2) is your argument that because the ref missed it Spurs would just have to accept the laws not being upheld?

It's a penalty. It's not VAR which makes it a penalty

The introduction of VAR didn't rule the goal out. The introduction of a rule that a goal cannot stand if it has hit any part of the arm of an attacker in the immediate build up ruled it out. VAR just applied the laws of the game.

VAR did rule out the goal, because without VAR the goal would have stood without review, no?

VAR is still shite though, its fucking up the game.

Some need to realise this isn't about opinion, personal opinion or the panels opinion, it's the rules. You may not agree with it but it's the rules and therefore the correct decision. So called panel experts should know the rules.

VAR has to go. We can't have this shit ffs, football is a fluid game. A team celebrating a late winner against a rival, going crazy then 2 mins later it's chopped off?

Genuinely this game isn't for me If this continues.

I don't care if it's the correct decision or not, VAR is a lot of shite.

Do you care if the ref gets a decision correct?

What's the difference? It's just the laws being applied.

As far as you're concerned, if that's your issue with VAR, we just do away with refs and operate on playground rules.

It's going to get to the point soon where fans won't be able to celebrate because theres every chance the goal be will be disallowed a minute later.

I hope it stays well clear of Scottish football.
I can’t make up my mind on that. One hand, I’d love an impartial var.

The other hand. I love the instant joy that football brings. If we don’t have that, the game is nowhere near as fun to watch.

Which makes it handball. Are you new to the game of football?
No smartarse!
It wasn't deliberate and was unavoidable but more importantly it was so slight that NOBODY on the field of play noticed it had happened!
My point is that micromanaging every small decision after the event of a goal will destroy our game as a live sport!

I'm still of the straight forward if it hits your arm or hand under any circumstances it's a foul opinion.

Mad I know.

Do you care if the ref gets a decision correct?

What's the difference? It's just the laws being applied.

As far as you're concerned, if that's your issue with VAR, we just do away with refs and operate on playground rules.
Debating decisions has always been part of the game, this VAR pish is ruining the game imo

The new rules around handball must have been written by someone who neither played football or even likes football.
It's not VAR's fault that this perfectly good goal got disallowed. It's the fault of rule makers who are totally ruining the greatest game in the world.

I'm still of the straight forward if it hits your arm or hand under any circumstances it's a foul opinion.

Mad I know.
It is mad. You'll get defenders running about with arms pinned to their sides but if a cross flicks off the edge of an arm it's a penalty?

That's the new rule we have for attackers and look at the reaction after its happened a couple of times.

The process doesn't take away contentious decisions, it gets rid of stuff that is clearly and utterly wrong - there are always points of contention and interpretation

Debating decisions has always been part of the game, this VAR pish is ruining the game imo

Don't need to debate this. It's clearly handball under the current laws.

Why would you want to argue with someone about this?

Possibly the most telling point about this decision is that NOBODY would have been debating this incident as nobody noticed it!
I would put my mortgage that it would never have been brought up in post match commentary!

up until this season it would have been classed as accidental..

Not necessarily, the ref might still have deemed his arm to be in an unnatural position. That would still have been a foul last year.

No smartarse!
It wasn't deliberate and was unavoidable but more importantly it was so slight that NOBODY on the field of play noticed it had happened!
My point is that micromanaging every small decision after the event of a goal will destroy our game as a live sport!

Apologies for not being a mind reader. How the fuck was I supposed to get any of that from your post? All you said was the ball didn't hit his hand. I didn't say it was deliberate - it doesn't even matter. The rule states it's a handball so that's that.

Don't need to debate this. It's clearly handball under the current laws.

Why would you want to argue with someone about this?
I'm arguing that I think VAR is shite. I prefer the ref to make decisions.

Not hard to understand is it?

Got to laugh at the Citeh fans booing the Ref at the end. Bunch of Self Entitled Wanks.

Everything thats wrong with PL football and modern day football. Disneyland FC like their City neighbours.

Possibly the most telling point about this decision is that NOBODY would have been debating this incident as nobody noticed it!
I would put my mortgage that it would never have been brought up in post match commentary!

You would be homeless then as they would have said "was there a suggestion of handball" As they always go into great detail on sky in the after match coverage of any goal scored

Not necessarily, the ref might still have deemed his arm to be in an unnatural position. That would still have been a foul last year.

Apologies for not being a mind reader. How the fuck was I supposed to get any of that from your post? All you said was the ball didn't hit his hand. I didn't say it was deliberate - it doesn't even matter. The rule states it's a handball so that's that.

but the ref didnt give it as a foul...

it was VAR that ruled it out

You would be homeless then as they would have said "was there a suggestion of handball" As they always go into great detail on sky in the after match coverage of any goal scored

Nobody has mentioned that Jesus was having his arm pulled before the hand ball.

The new rules around handball must have been written by someone who neither played football or even likes football.
It's not VAR's fault that this perfectly good goal got disallowed. It's the fault of rule makers who are totally ruining the greatest game in the world.
Yep. I'm not a fan of VAR overall but this is the decisions it should be brought in to make. Simple yes or no decisions, like City's offside goal last week. 'Aye but it was only just offside.' It was offside though, whether it's 1 inch or 10 yards VAR is there to determine that.

Tonight it hit his arm, VAR was able to determine that. I think the rule is a complete bloody farce but that's not VAR deciding the rule, it's just applying it.

It's going to get to the point soon where fans won't be able to celebrate because theres every chance the goal be will be disallowed a minute later.

I hope it stays well clear of Scottish football.
This is my problem with VAR. VAR should be a safety net like in Tennis or Baseball, or NFL to catch a bad call or something missed by officials. If the opposition team feels an infringement was made they get 3 reviews, none of this reviewing loads of different incidents.

is VAR going to be ruled out in all leagues of European football eventually?

if not surely it sets up a two tier reffing situation within UEFA?

Thankfully our league probably won't have the money to implement it.

Modern day pish.

I'm arguing that I think VAR is shite. I prefer the ref to make decisions.

Not hard to understand is it?

I understand exactly what you're saying.

You'd rather a ref got a decision wrong than the laws of the game were applied.

Celtic score in the last minute with a handball that should have been chalked off and you're standing there saying "fair fucks to them. I'm happy the ref got the chance to get that wrong"

That's what you're saying.

Got to laugh at the Citeh fans booing the Ref at the end. Bunch of Self Entitled Wanks.

Everything thats wrong with PL football and modern day football. Disneyland FC like their City neighbours.

Do you think football fans at any club would cheer the Ref off if that decision was against their team.

Celtic score in the last minute with a handball that should have been chalked off and you're standing there saying "fair fucks to them. I'm happy the ref got the chance to get that wrong"

what is the point of having refs on the pitch, if they are not the final arbiters of the rules, surely it would be better not to bother having them?

Reactions: M@x

I'm saying that's the way football has always been, some you win some you lose.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I just dont like this celebrating like %^*& for over a minute only for a goal to be ruled out.

Mistakes from refs are part of the game, just like mistakes from players.

Each to their own but thankfully it probably won't come up here due to lack of money.

Latest posts

Back