CL 1st round qualifier losers

A1bertz

Don't really understand the anger on here about this. (Second thread on it). It they get put out the CL qualifiers they can have a free pass to the last 32 of the Europa for all I care.

Don't really understand the anger on here about this. (Second thread on it). It they get put out the CL qualifiers they can have a free pass to the last 32 of the Europa for all I care.
It’s one less hurdle to negotiate to get into the CL and two less games to accumulate injuries and suspensions. I’m fuucking seething.

It’s one less hurdle to negotiate to get into the CL and two less games to accumulate injuries and suspensions. I’m fuucking seething.
They only get a bye in Europa league if they lose the 1st round champions league qualifier against Sarajevo. If they beat them, which they most likely will it's a complete non story as Sarajevo get it instead. I don't see the drama tbh.

It’s for the europa league. It only applies if the filth get knocked out vs Sarajevo.

They’ll bypass the second qualifying round and enter at the third qualifying for the europa league.

Fk Sarajevo are no joke. Bankrolled by the the Cardiff City billionaire owner who owns them and just off the back of a league and cup double. Fanatical home crowd and It will also be around 100 degrees over in Bosnia. Its a 50/50 tie. Can see them really struggling. I wouldn't be surprised if Sarajevo got knocked out then went on to reach the Europa League group stages

The yahoos desperately need CL income without it they have to sell key players and they become weaker.

2 or 3 seasons out of the CL group stages and they have to start bringing down the wage bill by £15-25m per year.

Absolutely no problem if the filth get a pass to the 3rd Europa league round if they get humped in the CL qualifiers.

I agree that the most important thing is that the filth don’t make the CL group stages, but just once I’d like them to have some bad luck in Europe for a change. Anything which makes it easier for them to mitigate the loss of CL money by qualifying for the EL is bad news for us.

Still, by putting TLB in charge they’ve probably already torpedoed their own chances of doing anything in Europe this year!

They would be playing against an unseeded team who got beaten in the first CL qualifiers in round 2 of EL anyway. It's probably a bad thing for them, means less game time for their players and less coefficient points as they likely would have won both legs.

Back