CL and EL predictions

Earl of Leven

Official Ticketer
In CL we have four teams heading for Lisbon: Atalanta, Leipzig, Atletico and PSG. Probably joining them: Juve, Man City, Bayern and Barça.

Any thoughts? Bearing in mind no crowd, no home advantage. One off tie in quick fire tournament....

I fancy Bayern, or possibly PSG without the pressure.

EL has two games that didn't start. Will they be home and away or one off? UEFA indicating one off game in neutral venue for Getafe v Inter and Roma v Seville.

Probably through based on first leg: Shakhtar, Leverkusen, Wolves, Man U, Basle. Hard to call is FCK v Besaksehir.

Games in Cologne, Duisburg, Gelsenkirchen and Dusseldorf.

Hard not to imagine Man U, Inter or Leverkusen not winning it.

I can't see how teams that haven't played this round suddenly play a one-off game whilst like Us basically have 2 legs.

Surely it's got to be the same across the board.

One off game no away goals.

I can't see how teams that haven't played this round suddenly play a one-off game whilst like Us basically have 2 legs.

Their first leg was never played. It is different.

Exceptional circumstances come into play. Same as when we played Anzi Makhackala in Poland in a one off.

Bayern to win the Champions League and Man United to win the Europa League

Bayern Munich to win champions league cant see by Manchester United in Europa league both teams in great form st present.

Bayern don’t play another game until the CL.

They’ve almost certainly done enough to get by Chelsea, but wouldn’t be surprised if nearly a 5-week break leaves them rusty.

Got a feeling City might do it.

Bayern don’t play another game until the CL.

They’ve almost certainly done enough to get by Chelsea, but wouldn’t be surprised if nearly a 5-week break leaves them rusty.

Got a feeling City might do it.
Didn’t know it was a 5 week break. Might change my opinion a bit.

If they are rusty then I’d go for City, although Atlético might finally pull it off if they can pull off more performances like they did at Anfield.

Worth putting a bet on an outsider to win the CL id say Lyon 100/1 not bad odds.

One of the smaller clubs that can defend could win it cos it will be crap and just about getting it over with.

Didn’t know it was a 5 week break. Might change my opinion a bit.

If they are rusty then I’d go for City, although Atlético might finally pull it off if they can pull off more performances like they did at Anfield.

They got absolutely battered for 70 odd minutes. If Alisson was in goal Liverpool win that game comfortably. If Liverpool were a bit more ruthless and Adrian didn't have a brainfart nobody could have complained had Liverpool won 5 or 6 on the night. Literally had never seen Atletico get opened up as much as they did and take so many shots on their own goal considering how good they are defensively in general.

I know mate, I was there:D wasn’t an enjoyable night haha.

They do have a knack for producing smash and grab wins in Europe.

I rewatched that game a few weeks back and it generally looked like a Premier League side up against a mediocre Championship team such was Liverpool's dominance until Adrian gifted them a goal.

Atletico have looked decent since the restart and one off games may suit them.
Man United for the Europa League.
The break just now will affect the German teams imo, not enough for us to win 3-0 unfortunately.

Wouldn’t write off Juventus, but Bayern have to be favourites for the CL. PSG & City as dark horses.

Seville have a great record in the EL and I don’t see any real powerhouses preventing them from doing it again. If their form against us is anything to go by I think Leverkusen won’t be far away.

Back