CL & EL Draws - Rangers/Leverkusen v Getafe/Inter

Let’s beat Leverkusen first, shall we?

Once we do that of course, then we can dream.
who’s to say Getafe don’t cause a wee upset either?

Anything can happen, I hope we go out and give them a game and at least run them close! If we can go in at half time in the lead I believe.

Assuming Inter get through that would have been a great tie for us. Reality is it won’t matter much though as we’re pretty much out already.

No point carrying on with this. I’ve just listened to Jim White telling me no one can stand in the way of Man Utd apart from Wolves:rolleyes:

Anything can happen, I hope we go out and give them a game and at least run them close! If we can go in at half time in the lead I believe.

I know you can't really compare, but look at Liverpool vs Barcelona in the CL last year. Needed 3 just to level the tie, and got 4. Then won it. You just never know. The behind closed doors factor might even help us, and we saw vs Braga how quickly things can swing in your favour.

I know you can't really compare, but look at Liverpool vs Barcelona in the CL last year. Needed 3 just to level the tie, and got 4. Then won it. You just never know. The behind closed doors factor might even help us.
Leverkusen have been playing behind closed doors for six weeks (and playing very well).

Leverkusen have been playing behind closed doors for six weeks (and playing very well).

I watched their games against Hertha, Shalke and Mainz and they were pretty poor in all three tbh.

Not expecting us to get anything from the tie. Just hope we come back with no injuries ahead of the start of the season tbh

Take it you never saw their game against Bayern or the 5-1 pumping someone else gave them??

Great form aye.
They got beat 4-1 off Wolfsburg in the first or second game back, and I’m never going to slate any team for being beaten off Bayern.

You have just got to hope that their players are either sold, cant be arsed as they should be on holiday, or are unfit due to being off.

It's a huge ask, but never say never.

They got beat 4-1 off Wolfsburg in the first or second game back, and I’m never going to slate any team for being beaten off Bayern.

Wolfsburg was the 3rd or 4th game.

It was 4 going on 9/10 easily and that's no exaggeration.

Plus the Royal pumping from Bayern.

Hardly good form.

In the cold light of day the 1st leg game should never been allow to be played no matter what the outcome would of been.

Big incentive to pull back
Wolfsburg was the 3rd or 4th game.

It was 4 going on 9/10 easily and that's no exaggeration.

Plus the Royal pumping from Bayern.

Hardly good form.

In the cold light of day the 1st leg game should never been allow to be played no matter what the outcome would of been.

Everyone would have been going nuts if it wasn’t played

If we can get past leverkusen i really fancy our chances. We always seem to do well in europe under Gerrard and even better when the pressures off. Im buzzin for it

I would be happy with a 2-0 victory for us against Leverkusen, gets us in good spirits and shows the team that they can win, but actually going through would really hinder our performance in the league. As it stands we have 4 games in the first 12 days of August, and if we make it through and have more games to play, its not likely that we are going to be given any help from the SPFL in terms of moving fixtures

Hardly an even playing field when some clubs have been playing for weeks compared to other who have played none... 1 off games and 2 legged games in the same competition etc crazy the lengths UEFA are going to simply to get this over the line.

Looks like Inter Milan in the quarters then Shakhtar in the semis and then Man Utd in the final.

Bearing in mind we need to score at least three against them and that we are well off match firness while they have had a few league games, it is hard to see any future in this.

However, we live in hope.

I would be happy with a 2-0 victory for us against Leverkusen, gets us in good spirits and shows the team that they can win, but actually going through would really hinder our performance in the league. As it stands we have 4 games in the first 12 days of August, and if we make it through and have more games to play, its not likely that we are going to be given any help from the SPFL in terms of moving fixtures

It may affect the league if we go through, but its not everyday you are in the quarter finals of a European Competition. Worth the risk plus winning the Europa would be 10x better than them winning the league again.

Back