CL PO vs Olympiakos/Ludogorets if we beat Malmo- EL Draw Kairat/Alashkert if we lose.

Them ending in the conference league group stage would be ideal, still all the disruption and travel of the 6 games but a fraction of the revenue
100%, them playing Thursday and Sunday x6 will be perfect. If (when) we are in the CL, the pressure with us playing first will be fantastic.

All our focus is on Olympiacos, but they are only a fairly marginal favourite to beat Ludogorets. The odds suggest it is the most marginal of all this weeks CL qualifiers.

Given there is a every chance we’ll be facing Ludogorets should we despatch Malmö. What is our thoughts on facing the Bulgarians?

Flashbacks to Levski Sofia. At least we wont have Ally Maxwell in goal.

Ludogorets lost all 6 of their Europa League group stage ties last season (Spurs, Antwerp, LASK)
Season before they got to last 32 being beaten twice by Inter Milan.

I don't think they'll be up to the standard of Olympicos who I fancy to get through that tie pretty strongly tbh.

Should it be Ludogorets we meet in the play off round, I'd make us favourites.

All our focus is on Olympiacos, but they are only a fairly marginal favourite to beat Ludogorets. The odds suggest it is the most marginal of all this weeks CL qualifiers.

Given there is a every chance we’ll be facing Ludogorets should we despatch Malmö. What is our thoughts on facing the Bulgarians?
Bobby Madden is in charge of the first leg, according to flashscore! Make of that what you will.

Olympiacos are an absolute mess, they were lucky to scrape through against an Azerbaijani side in the last round. Imagine being told at the start of the season that them or Ludogrets are all the stand in the way between us and the our first CL group stages in over a decade. Compared to what we could have got, it's a dream draw for us.
We haven't beaten Malmo yet. I think we will, they looked average against Helsinki, but that may have been a one off. Nothing is guaranteed in these games.

It's a stick on (I hope).
I have a couple of good friends from Liverpool, now staying in the North East of England (and Belgium), for work and partner reasons.
The one in Geordie land goes to every home European game and takes hospitality. Another massive reason to qualify, as I have an invite. Apart from SG returning to Anfield.
Make it happen boys.

Football has a funny knack for these kind of things to happen.

Us going to Anfield in the CL groups would not at all surprise me if we get there.

I have a couple of good friends from Liverpool, now staying in the North East of England (and Belgium), for work and partner reasons.
The one in Geordie land goes to every home European game and takes hospitality. Another massive reason to qualify, as I have an invite. Apart from SG returning to Anfield.
Make it happen boys.

Would say so - Given wee avoided the racists in the qualifier , I thinks its a given we will get Liverpool if we get the group stages . Already seeing the clips of Gerrard's goal against Olympiacos doing the rounds ! Convinced we will get Liverpool / Real in groups

Ludogorets apparently are one of the most corrupted n hated clubs in Europe

Really decent draw and a good chance to go through to the groups if we can beat malmo. I had fully expected us to draw slavia so pleased we've avoided that circus.

We Will play:

Winners of Olympiacos FC (GRE) / PFC Ludogorets 1945 (BUL)

At home for the first leg.

Ties played either:
Tuesday 17th August and Wednesday 25th August

Or

Wednesday 18th August and Tuesday 24th August

8pm kick off - BT have exclusive rights.
When do we find out if it will be the Tuesday night or the Wednesday night assuming we get through for the Playoff round?

They are 4/7 to qualify, thats shorter odds than marginal bud.

it would be a huge upset if the bulgarians beat the greeks over two legs id suggest.

When do we find out if it will be the Tuesday night or the Wednesday night assuming we get through for the Playoff round?
UEFA probably have the matches date already known despite the fact there are games to actually confirmed and passed on the Scottish FA and even the clubs

Whether they make it public is upto them

Bookies odds to qualify

Olympiakos 4/7
Ludogorets 5/4

For reference we are 1/5 to qualify

Make it happen boys.

I hope your friend in the North East lives in the centre of Newcastle otherwise it's not "Geordie land"

As you were. :))

UEFA probably have the matches date already known despite the fact there are games to actually confirmed and passed on the Scottish FA and even the clubs

Whether they make it public is upto them
Is there a pattern for when we would know. Purely selfish looking at potential flights that week and Hoping it’s Tuesday or Wednesday rather than the Thursday.

All our focus should be on Malmö, as I’m sure it will be for Gerrard and the players.

We’re going into the game without our two first choice strikers, one of them our European talisman, as well as Glen Kamara who is absolutely vital to the way we play on the continent.

You’d hope we’ll still have too much for the Swedes over both legs, but we’re still going to need to be at our best.

Is there a pattern for when we would know. Purely selfish looking at potential flights that week and Hoping it’s Tuesday or Wednesday rather than the Thursday.
As I said UEFA will have made the decision as set the games dates and take in things like broadcasters as well

3 games one night 3 the other

As posted the leg order is set for each leg

As I said UEFA will have made the decision as set the games dates and take in things like broadcasters as well

As posted the leg order is set for each leg
Hopefully this is irrelevant but if we were to lose to Malmo is there a potential fixture clash with both us and celtic due to play at home on the same Thursday night?

What’s up with their squad?
I genuinely know nothing about them apart from the fact they play in red and white stripes and come from Greece.
A couple of really good players, a few that are ageing that are not as good as they once were. Mady Camara is probably the one to watch from that squad but he’ll be on his way soon, will probably still be playing for them by the time we play them though! El Arabi a little older now but still scoring consistently for them in the major competitions.

FWIW, I think it’s a closely matched game where we may have the slight edge.

Europa League & Conference League

Any changes of date and fixture reversals will be communicated to clubs and national associations by 18:00 CET on 3 August.

No mention on the draw page for Champions League

Disappointed to report the Olympiakos match is not live to watch on betting sites tomorrow night.

They are 4/7 to qualify, thats shorter odds than marginal bud.

it would be a huge upset if the bulgarians beat the greeks over two legs id suggest.

Anyone who gambles, and that includes me, will tell you that 4/7 shots get turned over with a ridiculously high frequency.

I absolutely stand by my call that 4/7 v 5/4 is marginal.

Backing 4/7 shots is the quick route to the poor house.

Granted, gambling itself is the quick route to the poor house!

Disappointed to report the Olympiakos match is not live to watch on betting sites tomorrow night.
The game is being shown on MEGA in Greece they claim to show a Champions League game free to air every game week so it might be on free.

Will need to check tomorrow.

The game is being shown on MEGA in Greece they claim to show a Champions League game free to air every game week so it might be on free.

Will need to check tomorrow.

Not an easy game in this stage of Europe

Olympiakos certainly no mugs and better rangers teams than this one have had very disappointing results in Europe

Let’s beat Malmö tomorrow and see what happens

Come on
Better rangers teams than this one? Sorry mate this rangers team has been the best in my adult lifetime for consistency of results abs performances

Back