CL PO vs Olympiakos/Ludogorets if we beat Malmo- EL Draw Kairat/Alashkert if we lose.

DeeGer10

We Will play:

Winners of Olympiacos FC (GRE) / PFC Ludogorets 1945 (BUL)

At home for the first leg.

Ties played either:
Tuesday 17th August and Wednesday 25th August

Or

Wednesday 18th August and Tuesday 24th August

8pm kick off - BT have exclusive rights.

Last edited:
Olympiacos one for the CL.

For the EL there isn't much to fear in terms of team quality. Probably would like avoid the Armenians/Kazakhs just for travel distance.

Interesting that no country protection applies for Europa.

It's impossible to draw them on this occasion but I wonder for the future.

Last edited:
Avoid Salzburg and we’ve got a good chance.

Rangers fully fit at the start of a season with the bit between their teeth v Rangers half cut and emotionally exhausted having won the league is two different teams and I’m confident that Slavia would find that out in a very brutal manner should we draw them.

Champions League Play off at 11am.

Europa League draw should we lose to Malmo.

Note: If we progress against Malmo, we're guaranteed Europa League Group Stages.

Champions League Potential Opponents:

FC Salzburg (AUT)

Winners of GNK Dinamo (CRO) / Legia Warszawa (POL)

Winners of Ferencvárosi TC (HUN) / SK Slavia Praha (CZE)

Half and half for me would be happy with Dinamo/Warsaw winner or Olimpiacos/Ludogorets winner Salzburg are a really strong side and cant be arsed with the pish that comes along with drawing Prague again

Avoid Salzburg and we’ve got a good chance.

Rangers fully fit at the start of a season with the bit between their teeth v Rangers half cut and emotionally exhausted having won the league is two different teams and I’m confident that Slavia would find that out in a very brutal manner should we draw them.
I think drawing Salzburg will kill the mood slightly.

If we draw one of the other 3 ties then they'll be more of a buzz.

Reading their forums they don't want us.

Last edited:
If I'm reading the EL process correctly, there's a good chance we'll play a team dropping from the CL. That could get tricky.

It should be academic, though, as we'll beat Malmo. I hope we avoid Prague - can do without the hassle around it.

Hopefully we can get through Malmö as we’ll be up to speed a bit more with some quality players back in time for the play off tie. Think Olympiacos or Dynamo would be a better tie for us than Prague or Salzburg. However I’d take Legia or Ferencvaros in a heartbeat.

Interesting that no country protection applies for Europa.

I believe its impossible to draw them on this occasion but I wonder for the future.
We can't draw them

Priority 2 & 3 groups only for us

Only Austria and Turkey teams can been drawn against each by the looks of things

Last edited:
If I'm reading the EL process correctly, there's a good chance we'll play a team dropping from the CL. That could get tricky.

It should be academic, though, as we'll beat Malmo. I hope we avoid Prague - can do without the hassle around it.
Yes that's true.

There's 5 potential ties from Priority 2 and only 2 from Priority 3.

If I understand that right, it's possible we could be drawn against the same teams in both the CL and the Europa draws.

Champions League Play off at 11am.

Europa League draw should we lose to Malmo.

Note: If we progress against Malmo, we're guaranteed Europa League Group Stages.

Champions League Potential Opponents:

FC Salzburg (AUT)

Winners of GNK Dinamo (CRO) / Legia Warszawa (POL)

Winners of Ferencvárosi TC (HUN) / SK Slavia Praha (CZE)

What a nightmare draw that is . All our focus should be on beating Malmö as if we can get past them the pressure is off and we have Europa guaranteed which has been fantastic for us the last 3 seasons

UEFA set the dates for the games for CL play-off round

2 pairings

1st leg Tuesday 17th August & 2nd leg Wednesday 25th August
or
1st leg Wednesday 18th August & 2nd leg Tuesday 24th August

Kick-off time 8pm UK time
BT Sport have exclusive rights

Europa League dates

Thursday 19th August
Thursday 26th August

Last edited:
Ferencvaros are 3/1 to qualify against Slavia

value imo - they are more than capable of getting a result

we are 2/9 to qualify

Dinamo or Warsaw for me.

As I said the other day I do not want to ever play that bunch of racist scumbags ever again.

If we draw them our Social Media will be infected by their racist drivel again.

You’ll struggle to believe it but I’d say Zagreb’s support are on par with Slavia as well.

They regularly have white power banners at their games.

Europa looks really weak as it stands at the moment.. I'm struggling to understand it all though lol

We’ve been punching above our weight for years, hopefully it continues but I just feel EL will be our level.

I do think it would be incredible to be in the CL but I fear we wouldn’t be able to compete with most sides.

We’ve been punching above our weight for years, hopefully it continues but I just feel EL will be our level.

I do think it would be incredible to be in the CL but I fear we wouldn’t be able to compete with most sides.
Some of our greatest moments since Gerrard took over have been in the Europa . It’s been a great tournament for us financially and exposure wise .

Back