CL PO vs Olympiakos/Ludogorets if we beat Malmo- EL Draw Kairat/Alashkert if we lose.

All winnable ties but would prefer not to land Salzburg or Zagreb.

Olympiacos would be my preference followed by Ferencvaros from the same tie.

All 50 50s in my opinion. Whoever turns up will go through.

I do think slavia is technically the easiest considering they sold that winger that was the difference for them. Would be a crazy set of games and can you imagine the atmosphere at Ibrox?.

Any indication on who gets the home leg second? That could be a difference too....

I’m don’t fear Salzburg but would rather play Zagreb/Warsaw or Olympiacos/ludogorets. I think we’d beat Prague but I would absolutely hate if they put us out again

Don’t want the nonsense that would come with a game against Slavia. We’d have to deal with that racist c*nt of a chairman that they have being in the press painting Kudela as a victim. Not for me.

Give us Olympiacos. We get that tie, I’d put our qualification chances at 50/50 or better. Other teams, I think we’d struggle.

If we get through this round it's a stick on that we get Prague Racists. I actually don't think that would be a bad thing considering their contempt for us and our players.

Some of our greatest moments since Gerrard took over have been in the Europa . It’s been a great tournament for us financially and exposure wise .
Absolutely mate. CL finances would be unbelievable but being battered left right and centre by the best sides in the world isn’t always better than getting a decent run at it and having some fantastic European nights.

I do think slavia is technically the easiest considering they sold that winger that was the difference for them. Would be a crazy set of games and can you imagine the atmosphere at Ibrox?.

Any indication on who gets the home leg second? That could be a difference too....
Can't think what winger you mean.

As far as I know they've only lost Deli who returned back to Club Brugge.

I want Slavia.

They've sold their best attacker and best defender.

I think we would take them.. add in the atmosphere at Ibrox and possible away trip.

Bring them on.

Stancui is still there mate.

Big Part of me wants Slavia again. They are definitely beatable given i think we have improved again, they fully deserve the inevitable widespread hatred from the football community their racist fans will bring down on them, and a full Ibrox would be unbelievably hostile to them, like nothing we've ever seen imo, they are also due revenge after last season in a footballing sense.

On the other hand, Roofe, Kamara and others will likely face a torrent of racial abuse, and the game has the potential to be extremely ugly off the pitch. So itd probably be better if we drew Olympiakos or Zagreb. Salzburg are a right good team and ideally we'd avoid them.

Think we'll end up playing Prauge again, and there'll be no need for a team talk

There absolutely would need to be. The potential for emotions becoming involved would be extremely high. I’d prefer to avoid them for that reason alone.

Europa more complicated - See Highlighted.

*** We can only draw someone from Priority 2 or Priority 3 but Priority 2 is more likely***

The draw features 20 teams, who are seeded in the following order of priorities:

• Six teams entering at this stage: Pot 1 (priority 1)

Six teams eliminated from the UEFA Champions League third qualifying round champions path: Pot 2 (priority 2)

• Five winners from the UEFA Europa League third qualifying round champions path: Pot 3 (priority 3)

• Three winners from the UEFA Europa League third qualifying round main path: Pot 4 (priority 4)

Pot 1 (priority 1)
AZ Alkmaar (NED)
Fenerbahçe SK (TUR)
FC Zorya Luhansk (UKR)
Royal Antwerp FC (BEL)
SK Sturm Graz (AUT)
Randers FC (DEN)

Pot 2 (priority 2)
GNK Dinamo (CRO) / Legia Warszawa (POL)
Ferencvárosi TC (HUN) / SK Slavia Praha (CZE)
Olympiacos FC (GRE) / PFC Ludogorets 1945 (BUL)
CFR 1907 Cluj (ROU) / BSC Young Boys (SUI)
FK Crvena zvezda (SRB) / FC Sheriff Tiraspol (MDA)
Malmö FF (SWE) / Rangers FC (SCO)

Pot 3 (priority 3)
Omonoia FC (CYP) / FC Flora Tallinn (EST)
NS Mura (SVN) / FK Žalgiris Vilnius (LTU)
FC Kairat Almaty (KAZ) / Alashkert FC (ARM)
Lincoln Red Imps FC (GIB) / ŠK Slovan Bratislava (SVK)
Neftçi PFK (AZE) / HJK Helsinki (FIN)

Pot 4 (priority 4)
FK Jablonec (CZE) / Celtic FC (SCO)
SK Rapid Wien (AUT) / Anorthosis Famagusta FC (CYP)
Galatasaray A.Ş. (TUR) / St Johnstone FC (SCO)

Play-offs draw procedure

How the draw works

The UEFA Europa League has undergone some changes in becoming a competition with a group stage of 32 teams, in combination with the creation of the UEFA Europa Conference League. This has also resulted in substantial changes to the qualification phase, including the play-offs.

The draw for the UEFA Europa League play-offs will be conducted in accordance with paragraph 13.05 of the Regulations of the UEFA Europa League 2021/22.

The teams are seeded and drawn based on the principles approved by the Club Competitions Committee to guarantee that eight clubs eliminated from the UEFA Champions League (champions path) are drawn against each other and so ensure a representation of at least four domestic champions from the UEFA Europa League play-offs in the group stage.

Please note that, in accordance with the regulations, no country protection is applied and clubs from the same association can be drawn against each other.

The draw begins by pairing three teams from pot 1 (priority 1) with the three teams in pot 4 (priority 4) as follows:

• One ball is drawn from the priority 1 bowl and another from the priority 4 bowl. The two balls are placed in an empty bowl and shuffled. The first team drawn will play at home in the first leg.

• This procedure is repeated to complete the second and third pairings.

The three remaining pot 1 teams are then paired with teams from pot 3 (priority 3) as follows:

• One ball is drawn from the priority 1 bowl and another from the priority 3 bowl. The two balls are placed in an empty bowl and shuffled. The first team drawn will play at home in the first leg.

• This procedure is repeated to complete the fifth and sixth pairings.

The two remaining pot 3 teams are then paired with teams from pot 2 (priority 2) as follows:

• One ball is drawn from the priority 3 bowl and another from the priority 2 bowl. The two balls are placed in an empty bowl and shuffled. The first team drawn will play at home in the first leg.

• This procedure is repeated to complete the eighth pairing.

The four remaining pot 2 balls are then drawn one after another to complete the ninth and tenth pairings in an open draw). The first and third teams drawn will play at home in the first leg.

Ties Played
19th August
26th August
Thanks for that.
Hopefully no need for the complicated section.

I want Slavia.

They've sold their best attacker and best defender.

I think we would take them.. add in the atmosphere at Ibrox and possible away trip.

Bring them on.
They haven't really sold anyone yet. Deli was just on loan at them but I'm not sure he was their best defender.

Too much baggage attached to Slavia. Best avoided. Over two legs with no away goals rule I don't think there's an easy draw for us should we get past Malmo.

I think one of Ferencvaros, Legia or Ludogorets will win their tie so hopefully we get them.

My confidence in Ferencváros is waning quite a bit. Lost their first home league match in 50 games at the weekend. Rested players right enough, but that will have an impact on them. Stöger wasn't a popular appointment to begin with and now this. Slavia could end up battering them.

Reactions: Moz
I think one of Ferencvaros, Legia or Ludogorets will win their tie so hopefully we get them.
Beyond Salzburg's obvious quality, this is another one of the reasons I don't want to draw them.

Salzburg are definitely in the playoff and will be well prepared for us, the other 3 draws have a chance of going out and giving us an easier draw.

Dinamo Zagreb are currently losing 2-3 at home to Rijeka. If they lost it would mean they would only have got 3 points in the first 3 league games.

They haven't really sold anyone yet. Deli was just on loan at them but I'm not sure he was their best defender.
I should probably do my own research :))

But I still feel we'd beat them.. we were running out of gas when we faced them last season.

No easy ties in the play off but I'm confident we'd beat all of them at a packed Ibrox
Salzburg if that's the correct one ( used to be redbull or something)

That's the only tricky one imo. We would beat the rest imo but if we don't show up against them they could severely punish us. From what I seen of them before they are absolute rapid

I should probably do my own research :))

But I still feel we'd beat them.. we were running out of gas when we faced them last season.
Their best attacker was Stanciu (the one who scored the screamer at their ground) and he's been linked with a move to Galatasaray. I don't think the Turks can actually afford him though.

Europa more complicated - See Highlighted.

*** We can only draw someone from Priority 2 or Priority 3 but Priority 2 is more likely***

The draw features 20 teams, who are seeded in the following order of priorities:

• Six teams entering at this stage: Pot 1 (priority 1)

Six teams eliminated from the UEFA Champions League third qualifying round champions path: Pot 2 (priority 2)

• Five winners from the UEFA Europa League third qualifying round champions path: Pot 3 (priority 3)

• Three winners from the UEFA Europa League third qualifying round main path: Pot 4 (priority 4)

Pot 1 (priority 1)
AZ Alkmaar (NED)
Fenerbahçe SK (TUR)
FC Zorya Luhansk (UKR)
Royal Antwerp FC (BEL)
SK Sturm Graz (AUT)
Randers FC (DEN)

Pot 2 (priority 2)
GNK Dinamo (CRO) / Legia Warszawa (POL)
Ferencvárosi TC (HUN) / SK Slavia Praha (CZE)
Olympiacos FC (GRE) / PFC Ludogorets 1945 (BUL)
CFR 1907 Cluj (ROU) / BSC Young Boys (SUI)
FK Crvena zvezda (SRB) / FC Sheriff Tiraspol (MDA)
Malmö FF (SWE) / Rangers FC (SCO)

Pot 3 (priority 3)
Omonoia FC (CYP) / FC Flora Tallinn (EST)
NS Mura (SVN) / FK Žalgiris Vilnius (LTU)
FC Kairat Almaty (KAZ) / Alashkert FC (ARM)
Lincoln Red Imps FC (GIB) / ŠK Slovan Bratislava (SVK)
Neftçi PFK (AZE) / HJK Helsinki (FIN)

Pot 4 (priority 4)
FK Jablonec (CZE) / Celtic FC (SCO)
SK Rapid Wien (AUT) / Anorthosis Famagusta FC (CYP)
Galatasaray A.Ş. (TUR) / St Johnstone FC (SCO)

Play-offs draw procedure

How the draw works

The UEFA Europa League has undergone some changes in becoming a competition with a group stage of 32 teams, in combination with the creation of the UEFA Europa Conference League. This has also resulted in substantial changes to the qualification phase, including the play-offs.

The draw for the UEFA Europa League play-offs will be conducted in accordance with paragraph 13.05 of the Regulations of the UEFA Europa League 2021/22.

The teams are seeded and drawn based on the principles approved by the Club Competitions Committee to guarantee that eight clubs eliminated from the UEFA Champions League (champions path) are drawn against each other and so ensure a representation of at least four domestic champions from the UEFA Europa League play-offs in the group stage.

Please note that, in accordance with the regulations, no country protection is applied and clubs from the same association can be drawn against each other.

The draw begins by pairing three teams from pot 1 (priority 1) with the three teams in pot 4 (priority 4) as follows:

• One ball is drawn from the priority 1 bowl and another from the priority 4 bowl. The two balls are placed in an empty bowl and shuffled. The first team drawn will play at home in the first leg.

• This procedure is repeated to complete the second and third pairings.

The three remaining pot 1 teams are then paired with teams from pot 3 (priority 3) as follows:

• One ball is drawn from the priority 1 bowl and another from the priority 3 bowl. The two balls are placed in an empty bowl and shuffled. The first team drawn will play at home in the first leg.

• This procedure is repeated to complete the fifth and sixth pairings.

The two remaining pot 3 teams are then paired with teams from pot 2 (priority 2) as follows:

• One ball is drawn from the priority 3 bowl and another from the priority 2 bowl. The two balls are placed in an empty bowl and shuffled. The first team drawn will play at home in the first leg.

• This procedure is repeated to complete the eighth pairing.

The four remaining pot 2 balls are then drawn one after another to complete the ninth and tenth pairings in an open draw). The first and third teams drawn will play at home in the first leg.

Ties Played
19th August
26th August
%^*& reading that, i'll just see what balls he opens up.

It looks like if we beat Malmo they will be in Pot 2 and Helsinki are in Pot 3 and could possibly play each other again, is that correct or am I missing something?

Is the first season they have done this before the ties have even been played?
Please let’s just get Malmo out the way first!

Champions League Play off at 11am.

Europa League draw should we lose to Malmo.

Note: If we progress against Malmo, we're guaranteed Europa League Group Stages.

Champions League Potential Opponents:

FC Salzburg (AUT)

Winners of GNK Dinamo (CRO) / Legia Warszawa (POL)

Winners of Ferencvárosi TC (HUN) / SK Slavia Praha (CZE)

Winners of Olympiacos FC (GRE) / PFC Ludogorets 1945 (BUL)

Ties played either:
Tuesday 17th August and Wednesday 25th August

Or

Wednesday 18th August and Tuesday 24th August

8pm kick off - BT have exclusive rights.
Fck it, let's win both.

Back