CL Qualifiers - All Comments In Here

Gala score. Not over yet.

At the moment it will be St Johnstone v Galatasary.

Olympiacos winning now too. Looks like the long shot we needed to be seeded for the playoff won't happen.

EDIT: Just as I say that the Greeks are down to 10 men!

I think they are guaranteed confederations league group stage but have a play off for the EL
If they lose to Midtjylland, then lose to Jablonec, would they not go into the playoff round of the Conference? Meaning a loss in that and they are out of Europe.

If they get through their first tie, they are guaranteed Europa League from third round of CL, where as we need to win a round after that to guarantee EL.

All a bit strange but I was under the impression we were the only ones guaranteed a league phase this year.

So does that mean if we contrived to go out against Malmo then we'll go into the EL groups or do we have to navigate the EL play offs again? How the hell does that work? Club coefficient I presume?

If they lose to Midtjylland, then lose to Jablonec, would they not go into the playoff round of the Conference? Meaning a loss in that and they are out of Europe.

If they get through their first tie, they are guaranteed Europa League from third round of CL, where as we need to win a round after that to guarantee EL.

All a bit strange but I was under the impression we were the only ones guaranteed a league phase this year.
Correct.

If they lose in ELQR3, then they have ECL play off to play.

So does that mean if we contrived to go out against Malmo then we'll go into the EL groups or do we have to navigate the EL play offs again? How the hell does that work? Club coefficient I presume?
If we lose to Malmö we go into the EL Play off round, lose that and we fall into the ECL groups.

yes if we lose qr3 we have a playoff for Europa league.

Nothing to do with club coefficient. Just the logistics of the qualifiers. There will be too many qualifying games for spaces involved if those who lost qr3 in non champions route had to play a qualifier

If we lose to Malmö/HJK we play a play off ( champions route) usually a piece of p*ss.

get to the P/O round in CL we are guaranteed EL.

H&H daily update said yesterday that getting to the play off round and get eliminated, you’ll receive £5m for getting to the P/O round along with your EL money

If we lose to Malmö we go into the EL Play off round, lose that and we fall into the ECL groups.

That's pish. Doesn't make any sense either really. Ah UEFA, arse backwards as always.

Edit: I meant to add - it's good we are at the very least guaranteed European football.

Last edited:
So they lose in round 3 and go straight into the group stage while we would have to play a play off.

Surely the champions path should get priority
Not really (in my opinion)

1) It’s to ensure as many clubs from the better leagues are playing European football.
2) We are guaranteed European football, they aren’t.

Does that not show if the puddle drinkers lose to the Danes they go into the 3rd round of the EL, if they beat the Danes but get pumped in the next round they drop into the EL play off round ?
Your eyes are wonky mate.:) If the Dhims beat the Danes then lose in CL-Q3nc then the red line clearly goes to EL-GS. Same if they lose in CL-POnc.

It’s worked out well for the peasants ffs. After 10 years we put them in their place and Scotland get two CL qualifying spots. Then when they get humped out of those they get a place in the EL groups that they likely wouldn’t have qualified for though the actual qualifying path.

It’s worked out well for the peasants ffs. After 10 years we put them in their place and Scotland get two CL qualifying spots. Then when they get humped out of those they get a place in the EL groups that they likely wouldn’t have qualified for though the actual qualifying path.
They can still get papped out altogether.

Lose to the Danes and they likely play Jablonec in EL qualifying.

Lose to Jablonec and they go to UCL Play-Off.

Lose that and they are out on their arses.

So if we both lost in QR3 we'd go into the EL playoff but they'd go straight into the group stage! What's going on there?

A lot more teams contest the 3rd round for champions so there isn’t space for al the losers in that round

They can still get papped out altogether.

Lose to the Danes and they likely play Jablonec in EL qualifying.

Lose to Jablonec and they go to UCL Play-Off.

Lose that and they are out on their arses.
How utterly brilliant would that be.

it would be like falling down a flight of stairs then getting to the bottom and have 10 thousand bears laughing and pointing at you :D

So if we both lost in QR3 we'd go into the EL playoff but they'd go straight into the group stage! What's going on there?
Don’t ask me to explain UEFA logic mate.:)

On the other hand, we can lose our first CL qualifier AND lose our EL qualifier and still be in UCL group stage. Now that’s not a great scenario but at least it’s a consolation prize. Dhims can go out altogether.

If Kairat put out Red Star then one of the play off seeds is going to have one easy draw. Could be Kairat or Sheriff.

Reactions: VGM
Back