CL this year was about the money. End of

Utterly pathetic. A genuine coward's take.

Ajax haven't won in 3 games. They drew at home to Go Ahead Eagles and lost to AZ Alkmaar most recently ffs.

Liverpool have been shite in the league too. They're 9th in the table.

Napoli are a class team but we're clearly capable of competing when on it.

We're Rangers. To have that attitude is just laughable.

It's a very tough group. Just because we are getting pumped this year doesn't mean we need to close the book on the UCL forever.

Best thing would be to finish 3rd and then get a go at the Europa. It's still possible. Ajax must be reeling after that scoreline tonight. It was our home performances last year that did the business

Realistically we need a point in the next two games and hope Ajax lose both of theirs. Then it's a straight fight at Ibrox for 3rd on the final matchday.

A really big ask.

Yeah it's only around 12 mil for getting into group stages, extra money comes from wins (over 2 mil) and draw (750k)

Prob made double from Europa last season

The tactics are awful. Parking the bus with no pace for an out ball.

The keeper passing it to centre backs on their 6 yard box then booting it and the opposition playing it back in again. On repeat.

8 touches before the balls played then Barasic playing it back to Mcgregor.

Tav hasn't looked the same this year, i assume hes carrying an injury or playing 60 games a year has caught up. Dont start me on kent.

then the manager tells us we cant compete in Europe 5 months after a European final.

I now hate midweek European nights and i hate the decline. I cant see it getting better under this regime.

If we'd played these tactics last year in Europe we'd be getting the same results as we are now.

Can’t explain the fear in our play, even when players have yards of space it looks like they’ve never seen a football. First thought is get it back where we’ve got bodies, though once or twice a game that pass plays the other team in.

Waste so much time facing our own goal.

Its an absolutely rotten dilemma.
Take the money and a battering on the pitch or have some great nights in the EL with a drop to Conference at worst but far less money.

The draw wasn't kind to us for the CL either. Ajax, Liverpool, Napoli one of the worst draws we could get.
Pot 1 was kind, Pots 2 and 3 were brutal.

Ajax haven't won in 3 games. They drew at home to Go Ahead Eagles and lost to AZ Alkmaar most recently ffs.

Eh?

The fact we are not CL level when in a group that contains Liverpool, current Italian league leaders and Dutch champions seems to be a new revelation to some

Strange indeed

I’d fancy us in a group that consists Shaktar and Leipzig to at least get 3rd spot, our group is tough, that’s the way it goes at times

Was always going to be about banking the cash, whatever the amount is, and hoping to nick a point here and there

Disappointment yes but it’s where we are unfortunately

We could have spent a further £10m and still been in same place sadly

This level is too much for us, we needed luck with the draw that we didn’t get
Agree, take the money and then focus on winning back our title.

Let's be honest we didn't expect to get much from this group but Ffs a bit of effort and maybe a goal or 2 to cheer would be nice.

The board will continue tell you it’s not a lot anyway.

What goods all the money when they can’t invest into the squad properly with it?

I honestly feel that’s the plan here by the club. Delighted to get the finances. Not really that fussed about the results.

The League is our priority.
We’re no goni win the league under GVB so that can’t be the plan. The most uninspiring boring timid wee shitebag manager of all time.

Certainly was for the board, pocket the dough, get the roof finished and don’t sign any additional quality for the league campaign.

Hopefully Colak saves them and we win the title but this team needs surgery.

I honestly feel that’s the plan here by the club. Delighted to get the finances. Not really that fussed about the results.

And what has the money brought us,
The board are taking the pish but fans somehow love them

Maybe. But it would be nice to see the team have a go. Not act like Liverpool worshippers tonight. Other 2 games awful too.

I'm glad someone has a plan,because that imposter in the dugout doesn't.And if you think for one second we are winning this league,then dream on.

Look at our team value versus anyone in our group, even in the Europa, we punched above our weight but this is a step too far.

Take the money and a battering on the pitch or have some great nights in the EL with a drop to Conference at worst but far less money.

The draw wasn't kind to us for the CL either. Ajax, Liverpool, Napoli one of the worst draws we could get.
The moment I saw the draw I knew it was going to be a case of close your eyes and think of the £40m.

Realistically we are an EL club now. UEFA has rigged the deck so that the CL is all but a closed shop.

Exactly, a bloody tough group
And the EL run last year as great as it was, was the exception I’m afraid, not the rule

Agreed.

Club Brugge sit top of their group with three wins from three games haven’t conceded a goal and tonight beat atletico Madrid 2-0.

Maybe he is not the quality we want, but calling him a shitebag is bang out of order
Hows he not? He regularly plays defensive midfields at home to the likes of Ross County etc, been battered off every half decent team we’ve faced this season. Two 4-0 thrashings of the papes in a calendar year, need I go on?

You get no money for a defeat is that correct?
I know we make money for qualifying and tv money but fit the actual matches I’m sure we don’t get any money for a defeat.

Unfortunately so, but with that we MUST win the league. If one cuts the others throat, then there's no excuse. Get the fucking league won. Scum getting 3rd might be good for us.

Hows he not? He regularly plays defensive midfields at home to the likes of Ross County etc, been battered off every half decent team we’ve faced this season. Two 4-0 thrashings of the papes in a calendar year, need I go on?
Why not just say he isn’t good enough then?
Chucking personal insults at the man is not on.
If you can’t see that, then I think we best call it a day

apparently the money from the champions league which our md stewart robertson said only months ago would make a huge difference isnt the case

so the el would have been better with manager thats went backwards since the summer

The money is great if we might have used some of it. Eventually the money will be needed to pay off Gio, Vos, Roy, Ceri & the rest. They are not going to take us forward. To win the title, we are hoping for them to implode rather than us showing the guile, skill & attacking ambition to win it. I hope I’m wrong but it’s all so disjointed and far too often passive right now.
Take it the 4-0 win at Tynecastle has already been written off as not conforming to the narrative? We’re 2 points behind (Collum) and have had one dreadful domestic game all season (a goalkeeping nightmare). Let’s keep some sense of perspective.

I would rather just play in the Europa than get pumped like this every week.

Its getting hard to watch. Its the lack of fight that's really killing me. Kent is making me want to put my fist through my TV.

Take it the 4-0 win at Tynecastle has already been written off as not conforming to the narrative? We’re 2 points behind (Collum) and have had one dreadful domestic game all season (a goalkeeping nightmare). Let’s keep some sense of perspective.
We performed well at Tynecastle. We’ve been shit at Livvy, Hibs and Celtic in performance and/or results. Union SG away was ridiculous, Dundee United at Ibrox was grim. Ajax and Liverpool absolutely passive and unacceptable in many ways. But yes perspective is needed. Ffs.

Reactions: BWO
Well I'm fussed about the bloody results and so should every supporter, along with our spineless board.

The defeatist attitude that has become ingrained within our support really does my heid in.

Let's get pumped and embarrassed in Europe so long as we have a faint chance of winning the League.

Aye, OK..............

The fact we are not CL level when in a group that contains Liverpool, current Italian league leaders and Dutch champions seems to be a new revelation to some

Strange indeed

I’d fancy us in a group that consists Shaktar and Leipzig to at least get 3rd spot, our group is tough, that’s the way it goes at times

Was always going to be about banking the cash, whatever the amount is, and hoping to nick a point here and there

Disappointment yes but it’s where we are unfortunately

We could have spent a further £10m and still been in same place sadly

This level is too much for us, we needed luck with the draw that we didn’t get
Far too sensible.

Said to my mates in a group chat earlier, the reality is, we are a very good Europa League team.
Ajax are a good CL team.
Ajax just took a 6-1 pasting at home.
Ajax are selling guys at £70-80m. They’re taking our best players off us for £20m.
Like it or not, these clubs are levels above us.
We’ve had two first halves where we shat it and got pumped, but ultimately, we’re like a good under 15 team going up against an elite under 21 team in this competition.
We need to be in the CL group stages regularly to get the income to improve our team, and we probably need another 3/4 years of this with the sustained income to do that.

Well I'm fussed about the bloody results and so should every supporter, along with our spineless board.

The defeatist attitude that has become ingrained within our support really does my heid in.

Let's get pumped and embarrassed in Europe so long as we have a faint chance of winning the League.

Aye, OK..............
We have more than a faint chance, there is only 2 points in it ffs

Best thing would be to finish 3rd and then get a go at the Europa. It's still possible. Ajax must be reeling after that scoreline tonight. It was our home performances last year that did the business.
Where are we getting the point minimum to give us a chance going into the last match?

Back