CL - Tue fixtures

I don't get PSG the last couple of years. I know they made the final last season & did well, but their last couple of transfer windows have been strange to say the least. They went all out & got Neymar, Mbappe & Di Maria, & have now surrounded them with the likes of Moise Kean, Geuye, Paredes, Herrera, Sarabia, Danilo.

Don't get me wrong, some of them are ok, but they just seem to be going backwards to me in their transfer strategy, I just don't get what it is?

I don't get PSG the last couple of years. I know they made the final last season & did well, but theor last couple of transfer windows have been strange to say the least. They went all out & got Neymar, Mbappe & Di Maria, & have now surrounded them with the likes of Moise Kean, Geuye, Paredes, Herrera, Sarabia, Danilo.

Don't get me wrong, some of them are ok, but they just seem to be going backwards to me in their transfer strategy, I just don't get what it is?
It was effectively they had these great attacking players but no midfielders to break up attacks and win the ball.

Gueye & Herrera were great at this in England thus made sense, not every position can be a world class player. So they made sense, the singing of Danilo was good business too.

Their defence is poor, keeper is alright and their midfield is workman like. They aren’t winning a CL anytime soon, even though they had chances too against Bayern.

Downsize?. They’ve brought more players in :))
Florenzi, Moise Kean and Rafinha on frees/loans? Doesn’t really look like building a team to win the CL!

Do they still have the wee Italian midfielder? Do they have a lot of injuries?

Looked like they couldn’t be arsed.

It was effectively they had these great attacking players but no midfielders to break up attacks and win the ball.

Gueye & Herrera were great at this in England thus made sense, not every position can be a world class player. So they made sense, the singing of Danilo was good business too.

Their defence is poor, keeper is alright and their midfield is workman like. They aren’t winning a CL anytime soon, even though they had chances too against Bayern.
I know they have Icardi, but going from Cavani to Kean in the space of a year or so is a massive downgrade.

I get the thinking behind someone like Gueye, but they just seem to be backing up with similar style similar level midfielders. Perhaps when the likes of Verratti, Marquinous & Icardi are fit they will look a different side, but they were poor tonight & outplayed at home vs a Utd side with McTominay, Fred, Tuanzebe & Shaw in it.

European football is weird at the minute. It almost feels all the top clubs are pish apart from Bayern and Liverpool.

Florenzi, Moise Kean and Rafinha on frees/loans? Doesn’t really look like building a team to win the CL!

Do they still have the wee Italian midfielder? Do they have a lot of injuries?

Looked like they couldn’t be arsed.
True but bear in mind they had Choupo Moting and the likes, they are just street wise. The three above are good players and make sense.

Yeah Veratti is still there, wish he would grow a set and challenge himself. They’ve only really lost Meunier & Silva, then brought in Icardi on a permanent & Danilo on loan.

So not downsizing like it seems, just in general a decent squad with a couple of world class players. With some inured too (admittedly out-with Marco none are world class.)

Last edited:
I know they have Icardi, but going from Cavani to Kean in the space of a year or so is a massive downgrade.

I get the thinking behind someone like Gueye, but they just seem to be backing up with similar style similar level midfielders. Perhaps when the likes of Verratti, Marquinous & Icardi are fit they will look a different side, but they were poor tonight & outplayed at home vs a Utd side with McTominay, Fred, Tuanzebe & Shaw in it.
Cavani only played something like 15 games last season, Kean is still a star in the making just needs somewhere he is comfortable.

I agree when you consider the money they spend they shouldn’t be getting beat by United, who themselves spend barrow loads on turd.

Verratti is their main man though, everything goes through him and not having a like for like back up is a mistake.

I don’t particularly like PSG and feel they overachieved last season.

PSG woeful. Are they starting to downsize?

They have starters injured.

Verratti, Marquinhos, Icardi, Bernat and Paredes. You could see all of their regular midfielder starters were missing, they were awful in that area.

Utd just doubled and tripled up on Neymar and Mbappe, they had nothing else.

they’ve dropped a little but they’re still a quality outfit.

Madrid and Barca are chronic now, and Chelsea and United look pretty pish too. I suppose Juve aren’t bad.
Unless Atleti shithouse their way to the final it’s Bayern’s or Liverpool’s, can’t see anyone else getting close.

Perhaps Juve will continue to be poor in the league but excell in the CL, wouldn’t be overly against that so it becomes interesting.

They have starters injured.

Verratti, Marquinhos, Icardi, Bernat and Paredes. You could see all of their regular midfielder starters were missing, they were awful in that area.

Utd just doubled and tripled up on Neymar and Mbappe, they had nothing else.
Their French left back I’m not going to try and spell is honking.

Kurzawa? Always been useless.

Fullback has been their problem area for years really, weird that they have never went and bought good ones.
Yeah, Bernat is like Papac in the ‘reliable’ mould the rest of them seem to be there on the basis of “look what I’m going to try achieve with these pish players”.

Don’t get me wrong, I like Kehrer but I pray they don’t try shoehorn him into right back. Much prefer him in the centre.

Then they’ve signed Florenzi, who is the archetypal “good going forward but can’t defend” type.

Ferencvaros getting skelped.

3-0 so far.

If it didn’t mean the tramps would have got money out of it, it would actually have been funny watching Barca utterly rinse them, ............ again :D

Much more contented it's ferencvaros, fuuk those mhanky cuunts anywhere near the champs league.

Unless Atleti shithouse their way to the final it’s Bayern’s or Liverpool’s, can’t see anyone else getting close.

Perhaps Juve will continue to be poor in the league but excell in the CL, wouldn’t be overly against that so it becomes interesting.
I can see Juventus and Atletico shithousing their way to the final.

European football is weird at the minute. It almost feels all the top clubs are pish apart from Bayern and Liverpool.

Get the feeling that there could be a couple of the big boys struggling to get out the group.

PSG off to a poor start
Chelsea drawing one of their home games

Back