Outrageous but hardly surprising decision from Clancy today - denies Dundee United stonewall penalty

Previous seasons (apart from last one obviously) the cheating refs used to be a relevance for us now its the teams who are competing for 2nd place that it'll effect.

There was a thread earlier that got chopped. No idea why as it was valid.

The guy is an out and out cheat, plain and simple.

I only saw the first half but that was a penalty 100% and then he played on after the 2mins added to see if they'd score. Turnbull rattled the bar.

Checking livescore in the pub, no surprise to see the time at 90+5.

Clancy is a cheat.
He gave Dundee Utd hee haw in the second half.

There was a thread earlier that got chopped. No idea why as it was valid.

The guy is an out and out cheat, plain and simple.

I only saw the first half but that was a penalty 100% and then he played on after the 2mins added to see if they'd score. Turnbull rattled the bar.

Checking livescore in the pub, no surprise to see the time at 90+5.

Clancy is a cheat.
I started a thread after the fact and came back to look and it was chopped. No idea why.

For what it's worth, they're also saying the same thing.

A goal ruled out bang on half-time for no reason and a Dundee United player should have seen a clear red.

It's one of them days he probably got a few big calls wrong for both sides - which is no surprise as he's a wee shite ref.

A goal rightly ruled out for a blatant shove before he gets his shot away.

A valuable lesson is don't listen to Yahoos concerning fitba.

29th December 2019 should have been the end of his time as a top flight ref. Ridiculous performance that day that we somehow managed to overcome.

heavily and blatantly favours Celtic.

This was Clancy trying everything to give his heroes a victory. That the Peasant goal was allowed to stand was just clear cheating.

There have been a few downright cheats wearing black down the years, but this man is close to taking the cake outright.

I’d say if you’re giving the penalty you have to give the foul on Starfelt in the lead up. Both are fouls.

And the sending off that should have been?

I’m not defending Clancy I’m just saying that the refs are so spectacularly bad, fans of every team are furious with them after a game - that takes some doing btw

I'll take your word for sending off that didn't happen as I never seen it.

However, do you not find it truly remarkable the amount of games this cheating c.unt gets to officiate at the home of his boyhood team?

Penalty and a red card for me. No attempt to play the ball, just a blatant barge in the back. Typical Clancy

I think people talk some amount of shite on here regarding refs at times. If you believed all you read you’d have it in your head that they’re all bent and out to stop Rangers.

BUT, Clancy really is a cheating bastard. His performance in that OF game in 2019 was like nothing I’ve seen before, an utter disgrace and the fact he’s a known Tim and still allowed to take charge of so many of their games after that is a complete farce, but sums up Scottish football to a tee really. That incident today was just a Celtic fan trying to do his bit to help out his team.

This clip seems to show a Dundee United player (#8) fouling a Celtic player (#4) immediately before the penalty claim. Which should mean Clancy should have given a free kick to Celtic.

What makes the DU player's challenge a foul? I don't see it. I see a fair challenge which wins the ball. And I don't see the Celtic player making an issue of it.

He made the correct choice as it wasn't a penalty. 2 big pen calls he called correctly
Are you fishing? It is as blatant a pen as you will see. Clarke fouled and no attempt to play the ball. The reason he never gave it is because they would have also been down to 10 men. Shat the bed or cheating? I will go for the latter. When Hartson says they got away with one you know it's a stonewaller.

It was a penalty, but the add on at extra time was justified. But Dundee missed an absolute sitter right at the death.

One of those challenges was as a clear a foul as you will ever see. Like the Dundee one yesterday, it takes a particularly biased fan to argue it didn’t happen. The difference being their blind, biased fan is allowed on the pitch to make the calls.

This clip seems to show a Dundee United player (#8) fouling a Celtic player (#4) immediately before the penalty claim. Which should mean Clancy should have given a free kick to Celtic.

This is the first time I've seen the incident and after reading the countless views of FFers I've got to say it's fucking nowhere near as bad as I expected and it did look like a foul on the filth player in the lead up.

I can't believe I'm sticking up for Clancy.
I've lost my fucking mind.

I thought he added on time due to the Utd player putting his boot back on? Can refs add on time after it’s already been decided? Any case he’s a cheating wank who should be no where near top flight games after the 2019 game.

They announced 4 mins of injury time but after these 4 minutes were up, the cheating bastard looked at his watch and subsequently played another 90 seconds.

In fairness that's because Dundee Utd were pissing about wasting time so he was right to add on time in this instance - more refs should take notice.

Still a cheating lady's front bottom.

I was following BBC online - looks like he added the usual 6 mins when Celtic need a result.
I didn't see the first half but watched the last 20 minutes as I seen it was still 1-1.
There was a few stoppages in time added on for injuries to united players so even if clancy is a cheating fecker I can understand the extra minutes at the end, United had a 2 on 1 right at the end and should have won it but fecked it up.

To maintain the integrity of the game he must not officiate any games involving Celtic or Rangers for that matter

Over the years it’s being proven the man is incapable of remaining impartial when it comes to refereeing Celtic
We don't want Clancy, Robertson or Collum. They don't want Madden, Beaton, Dallas. FFS who's left?

As blatant a foul as can be seen and the referee saw it clear as day running almost directly behind the two players. The angle of the foul itself lent no debate as it was a clear barge from the side to knock the player over, who was about to score.

Only in Scotland folks.

Back