Clancy not axed. Daily Record wrong again see 1st post in thread.

Yesterday, Kevin Clancy refereed the Kelty Hearts v St Johnstone game. There was an arm-ball in the penalty area by a defender similar to the Morelos one last Wednesday but he gave nothing. On Sportscene the panel agreed that a penalty should have been given but then moved on quickly. Where is the consistency?
Wtf is an arm-ball ?! Please elaborate B-D

Midweek games so he'll be back in the middle with the whistle next weekend it seems?

Some price to pay for incompetence. Hopefully it's a long time before we see him back at a game involving us.

If the SFA has taken a sanction out on Clancy then they absolutely have to explain which particular actions of his or decisions they consider were wrong enough to merit such a decision. If it was Kent's red card, will it be rescinded and Brown cited for simulation? Highly unlikely! Was it Hayes' deliberate double elbowing of Barisic going unpunished by Clancy? If so, will Hayes now be cited five days after the event? Again, highly unlikely! If any action is taken by the SFA against Clancy I will confess myself to being more than surprised.

C*nt probably thought I'll shaft Rangers here as I'm off next week and can't be demoted.

If he hasn't been "Axed" by now for being a howling referee then he never will be.

No need for PMing sources, you are correct.
Referee appointments are on Tuesdays. The appointments for this midweek ahead was made before our game at Aberdeen kicked off. Clancy wasn't allocated a match. Nothing to do with his performance at all.

Press lies once again. What a pity no one is keeping notes to prove it.

I assume the title is wrong? I'm not reading all this just to discover he is having a rest from one game night.

I notice that strictly impartial Dck Gordon tried to shoehorn this into a debate yesterday. He is dripping with anti-Rangers bile and was dreaming up generalisations about how the rest of Scotland would be dismayed. Yet strangely no comment when other chef executives are constantly complaing about refereeing and officials

I notice that strictly impartial Dck Gordon tried to shoehorn this into a debate yesterday. He is dripping with anti-Rangers bile and was dreaming up generalisations about how the rest of Scotland would be dismayed. Yet strangely no comment when other chef executives are constantly complaing about refereeing and officials
wee typo in line 3 - chief executives

Approaching 70 I try to think and act in a reasonable manner as too much tension isn't good for me. Talking to my Son round at their house last night we got on to the subject of this clown and my Lad said he thought Clancey wasn't a cheat but was just totally incompetent.
Despite the reasonable words of the younger Man and my aforementioned desire to keep calm I remain of the opinion that Clancey is both incompetent, and a cheat.

Yesterday, Kevin Clancy refereed the Kelty Hearts v St Johnstone game. There was an arm-ball in the penalty area by a defender similar to the Morelos one last Wednesday but he gave nothing. On Sportscene the panel agreed that a penalty should have been given but then moved on quickly. Where is the consistency?

Ye can forget consistency wi that lanky cheatin fuukpig.

Approaching 70 I try to think and act in a reasonable manner as too much tension isn't good for me. Talking to my Son round at their house last night we got on to the subject of this clown and my Lad said he thought Clancey wasn't a cheat but was just totally incompetent.
Despite the reasonable words of the younger Man and my aforementioned desire to keep calm I remain of the opinion that Clancey is both incompetent, and a cheat.
I am kinda the same as you.
Watching the game, I was constantly asking why this free-kick and that free-kick had been given, most of them in the middle of the park and all of them against Rangers.
I was very aware at the time that the game was pivoting on the constant stream of seemingly innocuous decisions all going for Aberdeen and against Rangers.

This, according to an acquaintance, who was very much in the know at the top of football, is how a bent referee can subtly shift the balance of a football game.
My son, however, refused to see my point and instead tried to be reasonable and indeed couldn't even start to believe that referees are anything other than overwhelmingly straight.

I think the older you get, the more cynical you become regarding human nature and eventually all too often see life through a far more sceptical lens.

On a second viewing of the match, and with more time to coldly and objectively analyse events removed from the emotion of the moment, ... I was of course proved totally correct. :cool:

Unfortunately there are only 6 refs who get Premiership games every week and refs get rotated in and out all the time. Clancy was already getting rotated out before the awful performance midweek but let's hope he gets fewer games involving us and Celtic. Not that the other refs are much better but none are blatantly cheating like he is.

For them to axe Clancy would be an admission of the fact he is a corrupt cheat. We all think, probably know he is but what would be the consequences of his dismissal. They would have to look into all his dodgy decisions and how game changing they were . It would open a can of worms and no doubt a strike by referees and Celtic . It would be easier for the cheat to resign and save face. But none of these things will happen due to widespread corruption within the scotshit game. It's polluted with these rhats and controlled by rhats for the benefit of rhats. It will remain that way until our club is brave enough to take the to task.

He’s not been axed -

“But Clancy isn't involved in any of the six Premiership games this midweek but the SFA insist it is NOT to do with Ibrox chiefs complaining about his Pittodrie performance and simply down to the referee having a free week.”

The link is below as I always link a source. There’s no need to click it.

I think anyone thinking the SFA would “axe” him has their head in the sand.

Midweek fixtures only. It's a sensationalist headline as per. Beaton had a lower division game scheduled after the OF he was originally praised then crucified for and we got the exact same headlines in the papers. What it didn't say was there are more than 6 grade 1 refs and there are games where they all have to ref at a lesser level throughout the year. It also didn't mention that games are allocated well in advance either. He is definitely not being punished for his performance, that's for sure.
Exactly this, axed my erse

Same here. I never seem to see the tinks having too many game changing "incompetence" issues with him.

If the SFA has taken a sanction out on Clancy then they absolutely have to explain which particular actions of his or decisions they consider were wrong enough to merit such a decision. If it was Kent's red card, will it be rescinded and Brown cited for simulation? Highly unlikely! Was it Hayes' deliberate double elbowing of Barisic going unpunished by Clancy? If so, will Hayes now be cited five days after the event? Again, highly unlikely! If any action is taken by the SFA against Clancy I will confess myself to being more than surprised.
I think a referee might just be able to squeeze out a reasonable excuse for erring with the sending off or the elbowing.
We’ve all seen mistakes like this before.
However, what is abso-feckin-lutely unacceptable is any referee accepting Brown’s behaviour towards Kent after the ordering off.
It was ungentlemanly conduct.
It was the perfect illustration of ungentlemanly conduct.
It was bringing the game into disrepute.
On top of that, what is undoubtedly questionable is Clancy accepting how many times Brown barged into players.
If he’d done this once or twice, you might not notice.
How many times did he do this though?
How many times did “Edweirds” clip show?
Clancy, any referee, might have a bit of explaining to do there.
FFS, there was even a couple where he indicated he’d seen it but was playing to our advantage!
For a player to escape punishment for such as this is outrageous and beyond belief.

I see Beaton has the Hearts Celtic match on Wednesday. Another ref that is easily intimidated into making decisions by Celtic.
Beaton usually goes with the home team imo he reacts to crowd noise

Hopefully hearts are right up for it and score early

The scum don’t react well to going behind they panic

Their midfield and front line will be makeshift hopefully hearts can win the match

Beaton usually goes with the home team imo he reacts to crowd noise

Hopefully hearts are right up for it and score early

The scum don’t react well to going behind they panic

Their midfield and front line will be makeshift hopefully hearts can win the match
Id guess he will have no problem blocking the crowd out on wed, i would also expect a fair bit of rule bending the refereeing in that fixture is always shameful cant remember last time i watched Hearts give Celtic a tough test and the ref wasnt crawling.

Back