Clancy v Aberdeen - the major incidents and the timings of them

Exact timings a bit difficult but :

McCrorie went through on Sands (?) first half no yellow. His yellow second half on Morelos would have meant red. 37 minutes.

McCrorie both pulled & tripped Goldson second half no penalty. Same corner where Morelos had good effort saved by Lewis. Blatant penalty and yellow card ignored. 82 minutes.

Kent both bookings around 76-83 minutes, very soft, especially second one.

Hayes had two different strikes at Borna’s face late second half, and was already on a yellow.

Last edited:
I don't want to hear any nonsense about how 'clever wee Broony' conned all the Rangers players and outwitted them.
He didn't outwit anybody, simply because he hasn't the brains to outwit a crushed cockroach.
What he did do was employ the well-rehearsed and long standing charade with the most corrupt referee I have ever seen in my life.
He didn't con Clancy because Clancy did not need to be conned. He was a complicit part of the cheating, and unfortunately, if one, or both of them got hit by a bus tomorrow, there are plenty of corrupt and cheating referees and players around to continue the double act.
When I was younger the double act of C&B was Cannon and Ball, - now it is Clancy and Brown.
Of course, the media love all this, why else did Brown get Man of the Match when he did absolutely bhugger all in football terms for the 90 minutes.

65th minute, Goldson gets free kick awarded against him, soft by the games standards. Goldson picks the ball up in disbelief and Clancy quickly takes it out his hand and passes it straight to Aberdeen player. Never seen a ref do that before, the player might hand the ball to the ref normally, but Clancy with two hands took the ball off Goldson to get it to Aberdeen ASAP. Not a major game changing incident but a red flag in the way he conducts himself against Rangers.

I don't want to hear any nonsense about how 'clever wee Broony' conned all the Rangers players and outwitted them.
He didn't outwit anybody, simply because he hasn't the brains to outwit a crushed cockroach.
What he did do was employ the well-rehearsed and long standing charade with the most corrupt referee I have ever seen in my life.
He didn't con Clancy because Clancy did not need to be conned. He was a complicit part of the cheating, and unfortunately, if one, or both of them got hit by a bus tomorrow, there are plenty of corrupt and cheating referees and players around to continue the double act.
When I was younger the double act of C&B was Cannon and Ball, - now it is Clancy and Brown.
Of course, the media love all this, why else did Brown get Man of the Match when he did absolutely bhugger all in football terms for the 90 minutes.
You are spot on mate brown wasnt clever it was Clancy who let him get away with his antics and any honest decent ref would have put a stop to it very early in the game.

Absolutely. Brown knows (and he clearly made his teammates aware too) he can get away with his antics when Clancy is refereeing and what's more, he knows Clancy will obligingly dish out cards to Rangers players at any and every opportunity.

McCrorie went through on Sands (?) first half no yellow. His yellow second half on Morelos would have meant red.

McCrorie both pulled & tripped Goldson second half no penalty. Same corner where Morelos had good effort saved by Lewis. Blatant penalty and yellow card ignored.

Hayes had two different strikes at Borna’s face late second half, and was already on a yellow.
Hayes also went through the back of Kent on 76 mins, 2 mins before they were both booked.

65th minute, Goldson gets free kick awarded against him, soft by the games standards. Goldson picks the ball up in disbelief and Clancy quickly takes it out his hand and passes it straight to Aberdeen player. Never seen a ref do that before, the player might hand the ball to the ref normally, but Clancy with two hands took the ball off Goldson to get it to Aberdeen ASAP. Not a major game changing incident but a red flag in the way he conducts himself against Rangers.
You know I never really picked up on this but other night scum v hibs there was a little incident with stand side linesman the ball went out for a throw in to hibs and player was going to pick up the ball and linesman back heeled the ball away from him which cannot say I have ever seen this before

Bang on the money a Double act pure and simple they even left the stage together.

what was the one where there was a free kick to aberdeen and our defence was lined up outside the box when a Aberdeen player had both hands on our player and pushed back about 5-10 yards and nothing given for that and clancy looking straight at it
It was before the ball was in play so we couldn't get a foul.
However, the player should either have been booked or offered a contract with an American football team.

Their legendary captain shat the bad and took the piss out of his own club last season. They know it deep down.

Must win game and he petulantly gets himself sent off after seconds for trying bully a young player

not sure of the time but he blatant two elbow smashes to Barsics nose must come under the remit of violent play and be reviewed by the compliance officer but overall my take on the game is we were bullied and conned. We need more steel and fight in the midfield.

Last edited:
A Rangers Team bullied by Brown and Hayes. How shameful.
Take a step back and look at the performance of the ref... our team were not bullied by them they were allowed to do things our players couldn't get away with. It is a completely different thing than being beaten in a fair fight. You tell me any of our players stay on the pitch throwing an elbow twice in less than 10 seconds

McCrorie went through on Sands (?) first half no yellow. His yellow second half on Morelos would have meant red.

McCrorie both pulled & tripped Goldson second half no penalty. Same corner where Morelos had good effort saved by Lewis. Blatant penalty and yellow card ignored.

Truly staggering when you think about it with the benefit of hindsight.

You haven’t even mentioned Brown, who also should have been off.

For context, any list of contentious decisions, should only be assessed, after watching Clancy & Brown leave the pitch together.

FBS

Brown booked for fouling Kent after ball away was 39mins
Brown body checked Bassey late just before that
Tav booked in 40 mins when he appeared to win the ball - his 2nd "foul"
McCrorie on Sands was circa 57mins
McCrorie booking 58mins
Kent 1st booking 76mins

bbc text feed missed a lot of incidents

Are you surprised? Stevie Wonder would've seen and noted down more incidents the the unbiased f*ckwits at the BBC.

20 minutes prior to our goal, Bates wipes out Alfredo as plays the ball out to Wright, not even spoken to , just as well Hagi was in the box as no chance of Alfredo making it.

Take a step back and look at the performance of the ref... our team were not bullied by them they were allowed to do things our players couldn't get away with. It is a completely different thing than being beaten in a fair fight. You tell me any of our players stay on the pitch throwing an elbow twice in less than 10 seconds
Some people on here are just tits. Not you btw

Try and keep posts relevant. I'm looking for timings.

Would it be possible for you or DE, as Rangers media partners, to call out Clancy in the press conference, without Gio getting implicated?
Get this into the MSM.
We really need to bring attention to this cheat, ensure that he knows he is being scrutinized going forward, ramp up the pressure on him and his cronies.

so in effect if ball came over and a sheep player gets there first and pops it in the goal it stands cos our player playing them onside hmmm
Correct. And the linesman simply has to be watching it.

Back