Clancy

It will be very interesting what he does next as he will be asked for his view of the incident with Alfie on Porteus and if he thinks the same as he has already said to the Hibs players there is no case to answer.

Its important to remember it’s not watched in super slow motion but at normal speed.

I think he has to say he called it right.
I would guess cos the leagues over we will see him stick to his decision... he can though change his mind or just say he didnt see it properly to allow them to ban alfie if theres pressure from the sfa/media.

I thought they could cite him as no punishment was given at the time (yellow) and ask Clancy if he had seen it through a replay would his decision still be the same?.

So many rule changes these days so I could be wrong. As long as It's Morelos he'll get banned.

He can change his mind if he watches a replay and then sees something he never saw. However he has stated to two independents that he did see it and he has judged it in the manner he gave. So to then say he now sees it differently is going against his initial decision.

Basically opens a massive can of worms on referee decisions if they go down this road. Hence Rangers are confident it cant be looked into with the Alfie - good morning tweet.

We win this if they even dared to investigate.

Because he didn’t see it? Which is what he will say when Kler asks him, which will ensure a ban, Clancy didn’t cheat last night, he was just poor, but he often does cheat Rangers.
If he's a cheat, why does it matter if he saw the incident?

I thought they could cite him as no punishment was given at the time (yellow) and ask Clancy if he had seen it through a replay would his decision still be the same?.

So many rule changes these days so I could be wrong. As long as It's Morelos he'll get banned.
I didn't think so, but not claiming to be an expert on the rules and how often they change.

As I understood it, they could only cite on things missed by the ref. If he has seen it and not deemed it worthy of punishment or has issued a yellow it cant be re reviewed.

They did Morelos at Tannadice because the ref claimed he booked him for the challenge but didn't see the elbow that would make it a red.

As far as I know there isn't a rule that allows the ref to look at something and change his initial judgement for something he has seen. The compliance officer is to pick up on things missed, not decisions some people believe to be wrong.

Il make this the last time i quote your post craigie you can always press ignore to be sure.... i cant answer any of it would have been the polite reply.
That would be appreciated unless you are able to provide that elusive evidence to back up your claims of cheating. The offer to buy you that pint if you do still stands.

And yes it would have been the polite reply.

That’s my understanding. He saw it and told that bearded guy he thought it was unintentional. He told the Hibs manager he thought it was a tangle of legs. Can the CO override a referees decision?

Either way, Clancy evened it up by ignoring the later one on Kamara’s leg.
That bearded guy! B-D
He played for us!

I have been howling at referees for over 60 years but in all honesty they rarely influence a result. When we are playing well we win, despite referees. When we are playing shyte we don’t get the results.

What does boil my piss is the bias in the media. The Alfie incident was and still is being battered to death in print and on TV. Hardly a passing word about the studs on Kamara. IMO there was no difference in the two incidents yet Alfie gets more column inches than Donald Trump.

I've never for one second believed that any of the referees are flagrant cheats, or even biased towards one club.

They're just incompetent, it's as simple as that.
I've got a Nigerian uncle wants to send you some money. All he needs is your bank details......

The one where Willie Collum was the referee, we were awarded a penalty and they had a man sent off? Granted the assistant missed an obvious offside but that wasn't Clancy either.

If Clancy is a cheat, why didn't he take the chance to send off Morelos last night instead of waiting to be asked to review it?
Er...cos he actually didn't see it?

Darren McGregors interview on sky last night should have put to rest any possibility of further action. He confirmed, to the nation, that Clancy saw it and didn't deem it worthy of punishment.

That leaves him with three options:
- claim he didn't see it and McGregor is lying about a verbal exchange which didn't happen
- claim he saw it and stands by his decision
- claim he saw it and on review thinks he got it wrong.

Crucially, only option 1 where he brands McGregor a liar allows the compliance officer to get involved. We'd have them bang to rights for manipulating things to our detriment.

There is a 4th possibility though, which remains most likely just now, that the CO and chums will just bend the rules whatever way they see fit to ignore the ref and dish out a punishment anyway.
I don't understand that. The CO can get involved any time they like. They don't need anything other than someone referring it to them. Then it's option 3. They just say to Clancy "look again" - he says "ok now I see it in slo-mo I got it wrong". Am I missing something?

Are you once again using the odd call which goes our way to prove theres no cheating.... while on every thread about hundreds of decisions that go against us you keep telling us we can rule out bias as there is no evidence, it has to be down to the quite dreadful standard of refereeing its just bad luck. Its the kind of argument id expect to hear on sportsound or superscoreboard im starting to think you do not understand how daft it is.

1 call going our way= excellent refereeing, honesty and integrity, proves he cannot of cheated at any point in his career or given a dishonest decision even due to fear or pressure from the media.

101 calls going against us= poor standard, blind, daft, crap training, poor fitness, just honest mistakes, worst refs in the world.

Il bet you are still saying they are terrible refs next season too, and the next season and the next one. Im sure you have said the refs are dreadful all your life and have never felt the standard was any good.

If you are such a big fan of Clancy or a supporter of match officials, and i agree there is far too much focus on this one referee when loads of them are cheating, why did you and one or two others not defend him after the old firm game when the Rangers management called him a cheat and every single post on here suggested he was at it ? why wait a year ?
Bang on

Er...cos he actually didn't see it?
What does that matter if he is a cheat? He'd have taken the opportunity to send off Morelos purely by the reaction?

As for not seeing it...

Screenshot-2021-01-28-87-Hibernian-0-1-Rangers-Morelos-Strike-Claims-The-Points-For-the-Visitors-Sco.png

I don't understand that. The CO can get involved any time they like. They don't need anything other than someone referring it to them. Then it's option 3. They just say to Clancy "look again" - he says "ok now I see it in slo-mo I got it wrong". Am I missing something?

I dont know the specifics of when the CO can ask the ref to look at it again, but my understanding of the rules is that unless the ref says he didn't see an incident, or part of it, retrospective action cannot be taken.

Last night he has told players on the pitch he saw it and didn't think it was worthy of punishment. The role of the compliance officer is not to get him to review footage and change his mind on things he has clearly seen.

Again, the example of Morelos at Tannadice was because on review the ref claimed he didn't see the elbow at the time. There is no part of last night's incident he can claim he didn't see upon video review. So there is no scope in the rules for the decision at the time to be changed.

That’s my understanding. He saw it and told that bearded guy he thought it was unintentional. He told the Hibs

What does that matter if he is a cheat? He'd have taken the opportunity to send off Morelos purely by the reaction?

As for not seeing it...

Screenshot-2021-01-28-87-Hibernian-0-1-Rangers-Morelos-Strike-Claims-The-Points-For-the-Visitors-Sco.png
Lol. Even I can see from there that Clancy's view of Morelos's foot is obscured by Porteous's right leg! Did you not do Geometry at school? And that's a still whereas the actual incident was at real time with legs flailing. If you want to post evidence for your mate Clancy at least make it stand up B-)

I dont know the specifics of when the CO can ask the ref to look at it again, but my understanding of the rules is that unless the ref says he didn't see an incident, or part of it, retrospective action cannot be taken.

Last night he has told players on the pitch he saw it and didn't think it was worthy of punishment. The role of the compliance officer is not to get him to review footage and change his mind on things he has clearly seen.

Again, the example of Morelos at Tannadice was because on review the ref claimed he didn't see the elbow at the time. There is no part of last night's incident he can claim he didn't see upon video review. So there is no scope in the rules for the decision at the time to be changed.
He didn't see the "stamp". That's the point. He saw a tackle. The CO can review this at any time and ask the referee for input.

Lol. Even I can see from there that Clancy's view of Morelos's foot is obscured by Porteous's right leg! Did you not do Geometry at school? And that's a still whereas the actual incident was at real time with legs flailing. If you want to post evidence for your mate Clancy at least make it stand up B-)
But as a cheat he won't need to have a Geometry degree. Will he?

One could think a newbie seems to making the case for Morelos to get cited all too fervently.

Clancy is a strange one

He has given us hee haw in many games.

He's usually card happy with our players.

Last night he could have sent Alfie off but thought he didn't mean it.

Maybe there's an ounce of integrity with him after all and he's just a rotten ref? Lol maybe not!

I usually call him all sorts but felt he was fair but quite poor last night.

Let's see how this pans out. I think Alfie didn't mean it and actually made sure he made minimal contact rather than a deliberate violent stamp.

He didn't pull an aggressive face which sometimes is a giveaway.

But clerr will no doubt have a different view.

But as a cheat he won't need to have a Geometry degree. Will he?

One could think a newbie seems to making the case for Morelos to get cited all too fervently.
Yeah but, cheat or not, you said he saw it - I'm just saying he didn't. Not properly. And if he did, Morelos was off. The fact that he didn't want to risk what's left of his "reputation" on a guess doesn't mean he isn't a cheat

Who's making a case for Morelos to get cited? I'm calling Clancy a cheat that's all.

As for "Newbie" - you are a complete clown.

Last edited:
Clancy is a strange one

He has given us hee haw in many games.

He's usually card happy with our players.

Last night he could have sent Alfie off but thought he didn't mean it.

Maybe there's an ounce of integrity with him after all and he's just a rotten ref? Lol maybe not!

I usually call him all sorts but felt he was fair but quite poor last night.

Let's see how this pans out. I think Alfie didn't mean it and actually made sure he made minimal contact rather than a deliberate violent stamp.

He didn't pull an aggressive face which sometimes is a giveaway.

But clerr will no doubt have a different view.
Clancy is a cheat but was okay last night

Morelos meant it alright but it was his usual "can't resist it" wee kick rather than meant to hurt

It's not a red to me but the rules will say otherwise

He didn't see the "stamp". That's the point. He saw a tackle. The CO can review this at any time and ask the referee for input.
Thats not what Darren McGregor said post match though.

He said the ref saw him put his foot down on Porteous but it wasn't intentional.

He can't change that viewpoint on review.

Kevin Clancy is the biggest cheat of a referee this country has ever seen. He will do whatever he has to to ensure it shafts us and the rules will be bent to suit - as f.ucking usual.
Yep, you're right, be cheated us by not sending off Morelos.

That one single mistake should put an end to all the embarrassing, referees are cheats, it's a conspiracy, all the decisions go against us etc etc etc, tosh that is written on here.

Quite simply, the standard of refereeing in this country is very poor.

One of the worst there is. I'm convinced he doesn't actually know the rules. His performance at shark park when we won 2-1 was unbelievably bad.

Last night he gave at least 2 throw ins to Hibs that were our ball and one corner that were clearly ours he gave a GK. Then McGregor had his hand on the ball and their player was allowed to kick it out his hand and nearly scored. Then 3 minutes of injury time and despite the ball being in play for nearly all of it and on the 93rd minute exactly Hibs had a free kick in their own corner flag nearly and he still played another 30 seconds.

Yep, you're right, be cheated us by not sending off Morelos.

That one single mistake should put an end to all the embarrassing, referees are cheats, it's a conspiracy, all the decisions go against us etc etc etc, tosh that is written on here.

Quite simply, the standard of refereeing in this country is very poor.
Why didn't he just send Alfie off then?
Because it looks a nothing incident in real time and he was scared to give yet another red card that wasn’t against us.

Watch Clancy’s performance against Aberdeen in Gerrard’s first domestic game. Watch his performance at the pigpen in Dec 19. Even watch from last night the bizarre repeated refusal to call the game back when there was no advantage, mystery throw ins and bye kicks being awarded the wrong way, tactical fouls not generating bookings.

When mistakes are always made to the detriment of one team over a period of games you have to say it’s not because the ref is simply poor. There is something else going on.

Because it looks a nothing incident in real time and he was scared to give yet another red card that wasn’t against us.

Watch Clancy’s performance against Aberdeen in Gerrard’s first domestic game. Watch his performance at the pigpen in Dec 19. Even watch from last night the bizarre repeated refusal to call the game back when there was no advantage, mystery throw ins and bye kicks being awarded the wrong way, tactical fouls not generating bookings.

When mistakes are always made to the detriment of one team over a period of games you have to say it’s not because the ref is simply poor. There is something else going on.

Any other season alfie might have been sent off, however refs were all told to up their game with so much at stake.
I think in that split second clancy thought fk i cant send him off yet again. Imo

The rules state that the referee must have missed the incident, or a relevant part of the incident for the CO to cite the player. So Clancy would have to say he didn’t see it for them to cite Alfie.

There is no way Fredo should be cited. Old ginger teeth's behaviour over the last few weeks has been scandalous and nothing from the 19th Century Terrorist officer. And there won't be either.

Love how anyone can say Clancy is impartial after one incident. He refereed the most bias, cheating display I have ever witnessed at the Piggery. Even the manager and his team were seething. Literally refused to issue 2 indisputable red cards, and played 2 mins of injury time over the recommended amount for nothing. Sending Morelos off when the whistle should have been blown 2 mins earlier.

As for the incident yesterday, it looked absolutely nothing in real time. Even Walker didn't notice, until the tech wizards at sky slowed it down and added the hidden bonus feature cameras. Clancy is a cheat. I won't even debate it, I've never said that about any other referee in my life.

I despise this guy an absolute corrupt cheating bxstard!

Should not be reffing us as he's biased and gives us nothing!

It will be very interesting what he does next as he will be asked for his view of the incident with Alfie on Porteus and if he thinks the same as he has already said to the Hibs players there is no case to answer.

Its important to remember it’s not watched in super slow motion but at normal speed.

I think he has to say he called it right.
According to darren mcgregor clancy said it was accidental. That opinion will have been changed already. He must be sick that he missed a chance to send Alfredo off. It was probably what he was dreaming about since he learnt he would be the referee last night.His bedsheets will be soaked with his wet dream juice of red carding him. He will be sick all right. Fanny.

Back