Clarity On UEFA/FARE Reports & Charges Timeline

Lord Summerisle

Administrator
Staff member
This is the timeline of events:

* The club were told by the UEFA delegate later in the evening after the St Patrick's game that we were being reported in their delegate report. FARE also reported us to UEFA, as they do in every match.
* The club was only informed what the punishment for the above would be at 5pm on the night of the Legia game.
* We were then reported again for the fans' behaviour at the Legia game. This was for singing in the second half and when the ground emptied.

The club had anticipated another fine and were caught off guard by the punishment for the first game, which gave them no time to warn fans in Legia.

Yes, the club could've communicated the initial charge to fans, but UEFA's timing is also poor in the extreme.

We have to box clever, Lawwell's appointment at UEFA, the various in house UEFA reps they have who are on message and the likes of a Killie director being a match delegate, has the odds stacked against us. Easy though. Go three games with no issue and then publicly call out everyone you know is guilty of double standards or dubious behaviour.

Or do the usual Rangers thing of being apathetic and waiting for someone else.

* The club were told by the UEFA delegate later in the evening after the St Patrick's game that we were being reported in their delegate report. FARE also reported us to UEFA, as they do in every match.
* The club was only informed what the punishment for the above would be at 5pm on the night of the Legia game.
* We were then reported again for the fans' behaviour at the Legia game. This was for singing in the second half and when the ground emptied.

The club had anticipated another fine and were caught off guard by the punishment for the first game, which gave them no time to warn fans in Legia.

Yes, the club could've communicated the initial charge to fans, but UEFA's timing is also poor in the extreme.
The club should never have underestimated UEFA - for whatever reason.

With this in mind it is clear that the club need to address the draconian measures by UEFA based on what they are being told by FARE.

They won't.

The club have stitched up the fans, they underestimated UEFA and they underestimated Ashley.

Making a right pigs ear of this. Who is responsible?

@sherbrook_loyal , do you think there are long standing issues with the board regarding communication and defence of the fans in various areas?

I think this goes well beyond the UEFA charges of the last few days.

Even stretching back until the Cup Final in 2016, there has been very little done to help supporters.

Please don't take this as defending the singing, because I'm not. I've condemned it in numerous threads and said it needs to stop.

Looks like the club were expecting something amounting to a slap on the wrist for St. Josephs.

That was a very optimistic outlook observing UEFA's 2019 sanctions to date.

The club should never have underestimated UEFA - for whatever reason.

With this in mind it is clear that the club need to address the draconian measures by UEFA based on what they are being told by FARE.

They won't.

The club have stitched up the fans, they underestimated UEFA and they underestimated Ashley.

Making a right pigs ear of this. Who is responsible?

A full board who could not even see fit to publicly represent a fan base involved in a crush. The fans and board have never been further apart. A board who has absolutely no desire to engage with the fans unless absolutely forced. When they are forced, ala the RSC meeting tonight. It is invite only. That sends it own message.

We have to box clever, Lawwell's appointment at UEFA, the various in house UEFA reps they have who are on message and the likes of a Killie director being a match delegate, has the odds stacked against us. Easy though. Go three games with no issue and then publicly call out everyone you know is guilty of double standards or dubious behaviour.

Again Lawwell isn’t walking about the uefa towers like billy big baws handing out fines and get fans banned from games...and the Killie director wasn't a match delegate

Blame the fans who want to sing stupid songs

A full board who could not even see fit to publicly represent a fan base involved in a crush. The fans and board have never been further apart. A board who has absolutely no desire to engage with the fans unless absolutely forced. When they are forced, ala the RSC meeting tonight. It is invite only. That sends it own message.
I think changes are afoot.

It's not the board, it's their elected representative imo is the problem.

For us, if we don't sing the songs, there is no problem.

Let's fulfil our end of the bargain then seek changes elsewhere.

@sherbrook_loyal , do you think there are long standing issues with the board regarding communication and defence of the fans in various areas?

I think this goes well beyond the UEFA charges of the last few days.

Even stretching back until the Cup Final in 2016, there has been very little done to help supporters.

Please don't take this as defending the singing, because I'm not. I've condemned it in numerous threads and said it needs to stop.

Yes, if I'm being honest I do.

I'll say from the outset, I'm a big fan of the current board and think that, in the main, they're doing a great job.
However, our communication and PR, or rather the lack of them, should be addressed as an immediate priority.

Historically, this has been an area we've been very poor in, and it's something that successive boards have failed to address.

There’s absolutely no chance a UEFA delegate heard any of our singing unless they were in amongst the fans.

Any news from Legia as regards how offended they were? Who exactly WAS offended?
I agree and disagree with that one. Think it would be a similar defence to chanting the n word but stating your defence as being no black people were present in the stadium so what is people's problem. Yeah it's escalated pretty quickly but folk knew not to do it no matter the oppositions feelings on the matter.

So an error of judgement from the club about how severe UEFA's response would be.

If they'd known it would be a partial stadium closure I'm sure they'd have been proactive (as they are now with the Legia charge) and the 2nd one could've been avoided.

The support still take 100% of the blame for the St. Joseph's charge and the stadium closure.

Any news from Legia as regards how offended they were? Who exactly WAS offended?

I’m sure every Celtic fan in the world was mock offended.You know for a fact they were all watching us to be “offended”.

It’s becoming clear that they have resorted to a kind of gorilla warfare as they can’t live with us as a FOOTBALL club. They need to use other means to handicap us.

#theonlyshowintown

Again not defending the singing and hindsight being 20/20, but seems like a bit of an own goal to have hedged bets on a slap on the wrist for this kind of charge.

What is the benefit of keeping this kind of thing (the charge) a secret?

I’m sure every Celtic fan in the world was mock offended.You know for a fact they were all watching us to be “offended”.

It’s becoming clear that they have resorted to a kind of gorilla warfare as they can’t live with us as a FOOTBALL club. They need to use other means to handicap us.

#theonlyshowintown

It's a weird, creepy, sinister tribute to us in a way....

The Mhanks decided a long time ago that they couldnt beat us on the park so would do it politically.

Our board's lack of understanding of how motivated the mhanks are at a political level is astounding.... i just cant believe how naive they have been. its like Rottweiler's v kittens at times ... I've been saying for years we need Political and Legal Heavyweights on our board ...

Again Lawwell isn’t walking about the uefa towers like billy big baws handing out fines and get fans banned from games...and the Killie director wasn't a match delegate

Blame the fans who want to sing stupid songs

Mate you’re dealing with thickos ,There’s a section that doesn’t have the intelligence to take all this on and accept it .

Tin foil hat time

There is a much bigger picture here.....Shame FC recently employ a PR company to raise their profile and deflect attention away from the biggest scandal in Scottish sporting history

Liewell gets an appoinment at UEFA
The relentless agenda from FARE
The people in our support who sing add-ons and cannot accept that TBB is banned sin died and that references to FTP 19th Century Terrorist, Jobby Hands etc in our songbook is playing into the hands of these scumbags and defiantly say they will sing what they want

We are forced to close a section of our stadium, another charge is on the way with god only knows what sanctions to come

What is this all about....... the biggest scandal that should be rocking this country and possibly the world to its very core where Shame FC covered up the systematic and what looks like co-ordinated sexual abuse of children over a 40+ year period is now no longer front page news in this shithole country we live in.

These bastards are not only trying to villify us to the world just when we are getting back to an even keel, they are still trying to cripple us financially, while still trying to walk away from something that should see the bastards lock up for the rest of their miserable lives

Our hearing for the latest charge is in Switzerland tomorrow.

We will cop a full stadium ban for the next home game if we are found guilty - this is the *minimum* punishment that UEFA hand out for a second offence.

Think back to last week when they announced a stand closure. What have you heard from the board other than the statement? Nothing !
They should have been all over the media with what they planned to do.

The club have taken their eye of the ball with regards to singing and have been caught out big time.

It's easy to say 'the fans the fans' but people need led in situations like this and there is a clear lack of leadership within our club.

It's becoming clear to me that hiring a competent CEO and PR company should be the clubs highest priority.

They come across as rabbits caught in the headlights when what they should be doing is so simple.

Be pro-active, engage with the support.

Then once we are doing our bit, be aggressive with our enemies.

Get on the front foot for once.

With all due respect, why are the club not telling us this? Instead a poster on a forum is informing us.

Its utterly pathetic.
That's nothing, I got told the full list of songs that are deemed unacceptable and why by a policeman this morning.

Grow up ffs. If you only want us punished when we offend oposition supporters, do you think Killie fans will get offended ? Motherwell fans ? Every club in Scotland's SPL have a large proportion of fans who detest us, even more than they detest Celtic. With the odd exception, every club in Scotland has a fan base which is 95% "protestant" but they don't feel the need to be loyal and get embarrassed when we sing our songs.

If the club had alerted the fans after the St.Joes game it might have prevented the singing at the games that followed. With only one complaint from that game then the punishment from UEFA might not have been as severe.

The club have been pleading with the fans for over a decade. We had a massive campaign after the initial issues in 2006. We had Dave King out on the pitch before the 2017 Progres game reminding fans about the costs of unacceptable or sectarian chanting. We’ve had the Everyone Anyone campaign at the start of this season reinforcing the message that everyone should be welcome at Ibrox.

Do the club need to remind the fans before every game and launch fresh campaigns every few months to get the message through? At what point do the fans start taking responsibility for their own behaviour instead of blaming others?

UEFA.

They don't want this behaviour in their competition. It costs them money at the end of the day if their competition is tainted, and that offends them.

Was the alleged singing not after the game was finished? Rangers fans were held in the ground after the game and this is when the singing took place/ was videoed.

I’m not aware of that even being on tv. Who was offended by this? Seems to be stretching their rules if the game was finished

#theonlyshowintown

PApes-Gorilla-DNye001.jpg

This board seems to get caught out by everyone.

Back