Clarke and Body to address media on Friday over abuse

while they are at it ,could we perhaps put up some one from our club to talk about effigies being hung in an away game we played, with songs being played in the same away ground that actively encourage the home fans to bastardise the words into an anthem glorifying a fascist terrorist organisation, the same clubs official supporters club chairman wishing more and more protestants drowned at sea on the titanic,,,, plenty more instances can be provided if needed,,,one set of supporters above all others have been the subject of a relentless,and still ongoing sustained attack , solely due to the club they support and the faith most of us were born into

I think Boyd must have said something to Clark for this to happen. Clark didn’t want to know when it happened to Boyd but went Tonto when he got some. Nobody should be abused in that manner.

If this is the case then I welcome it. Just so as it is not turned out to be a HUGE Rangers problem and a tiny minority of Celtic fans.

I agree with this.

If they come out and blame both Rangers and Celtic support equally for sectarianism then I have no problem with that.

I want Clark to apologise for the nonsense about the refs, your goalie elbowed Kamara and deserved a red, your striker also dived to win a penalty.

He should apologise for his hypocrisy for under playing the sectarian abuse of Boyd while going over board with the sectarian abuse he received.

Boyd will rip our support whilst he defends his mentally challenged prick of a manager is what am guessing will happen.

Last edited:
I assume Boyd was always invited to address the media on the issue and now Clarke is joining after his own ordeal? No?

Scottish football where nothing is ever about the actual football

Sick of the whole media pantomine

I wish 99% of the media would catch a disease that would wipe them out and we could start again

I have been told that the Police will be interviewing him to see if he wants to make a complaint. Let's see what he does.

Perfect chance for Clarke to address the fact that he said nothing about Celtic
I’m sure he won’t.
However if he does then I will actually respect his stance against sectarianism
If he doesn’t he just looks like a bitter Tim

tumblr_n5ueqf6bms1qhub34o4_r1_400.gif

Steve Clarke has himself to blame. If he hadn't refused to acknowledge Kris Boyd getting abused, this would never have happened. He is a 19th Century Terrorist bastard and all this Chelsea talk is complete nonsense. They must be one of the most bigoted clubs on the planet, probably second only to the scum.

Maybe they'll put up subtitles for the Rangers fans version of the song like what BBC Scotland done today on their 1:30 pm news programme.

Seriously? Did they?!?

Fucking hell.

Even though they had no-one there and weren't involved in providing the coverage. They provided subtitles for everyone to see what the big bad Rangers supporters did?

Don't know why I'm surprised actually. It's beyond a joke now.

Just seen that rant by Clarke and he thanked Chelsea for taking him away from the west of Scotland,My memory might be playing tricks on me but Chelsea have had some of the most racist fans in England even giving their own players abuse at times

I got the impression he was subject to sectarian abuse from every Rangers fan for the whole 90 minutes plus injury time.

Boyd will say he's a big boy and can take it. He'll use phrases like part and parcel of the game.

Clarke will look like he's about to burst out greetin', mumble some barely recognisable words and look at his shoes.

The narrative will end up being the same, that we're way worse when it comes to the sectarian angle, (the word "19th Century Terrorist" being the angle), nothing surer, be gobsmacked if it's anything else.

If they’re prepared to call it out in equal measures, no problem, but let’s see how the media slant it.

They cannot help themselves.

We will have to come out of it looking worse.

The club has already responded to this issue - end of !

Any consideration being given to the good people of Ayr who are abused in songs sung by Kilmarnock fans ?

“They’re not allowed to call my assistant a black b” - as Clarke said last night.

I’m sure Steve Clarke is well aware of the particular song that Killie fans sing about Ayr being black bastards though but that’s probably fine.

You already know how this is going to go. Limited questions to Boyd who'll try to shrug it off while the media concentrate on Clarke and his crocodile tears.

Boyd will probably apologise for the actions of the evil Rangers support while dedicating a plaque to the struggles of the brave Steve Clarke.

This is getting out of hand - I was in Sectio 13 in 60s and 70s and we said lots more than this - loud and proud !

Clarke is a miserable person and to say thatgoing to Chelsea he got away sectarion stuff is crap - Ask Spurs fans !

The media usually cry 'whataboutery' when it's pointed out that we suffer sectarian abuse also but what is 'whataboutery' if it's not the articulation of a counter view with supporting evidence to balance an argument and establish context?

It happens every day in our Criminal Courts when justice is sought by presenting evidence.

'Whatabout' the fact that that Stevie Gerrard - and every Rangers manager and several players throughout my lifetime - has been serenaded as an 'Orange bastard' with absolutely zero comment or condemnation from from the football authorities, media and government?
Sheep fans are giving this whataboutery big licks even when you point out we didn’t start this shit it was Clarke by greeting to the media but he forgot that it was only Sunday that boyd had been given abuse and then he pre match didn’t want to comment ! He’s now trying to use Boyd to justify his crying !
I also see Dornan in on the act now on twitter as he is asking to meet the club ! These pricks have zero shame and they are every much to blame for the rise in sectarianism chants as they let their cult away with IRA chants , marches get photos in mentally challenged slop houses for photo calls but then turn it on us for being British !

The media usually cry 'whataboutery' when it's pointed out that we suffer sectarian abuse also but what is 'whataboutery' if it's not the articulation of a counter view with supporting evidence to balance an argument and establish context?

It happens every day in our Criminal Courts when justice is sought by presenting evidence.

'Whatabout' the fact that that Stevie Gerrard - and every Rangers manager and several players throughout my lifetime - has been serenaded as an 'Orange bastard' with absolutely zero comment or condemnation from from the football authorities, media and government?

This, 100%. The dismissal of any valid counter argument when it comes to attacks on Rangers as "whataboutery" absolutely does my box in. You've articulated it perfectly Walt, fair play. Those who use the phrase usually sit back smugly as they think it ends any debate and means their opinion is final. That old jakey Keevins is one of the worst for it.

Hope everyone of our fans that chanted at Steve Clarke is ashamed of themselves. Dragged our clubs name through the mud again.

They no ask Jimmy Bell to discuss it too

WATP
Good point mate , maybe jimmy Bell isn't as important as Steve Clarke and yet they teach their young to sing that Jimmy's an Orange bastard followed by I hope he dies . I don't think they can get much lower in sectarian standards than that and i hope they bring it up when Steve's getting all the sympathy and all the publicity and Rangers getting made out to be the bad guys as usual :mad: .

I think Boyd must have said something to Clark for this to happen. Clark didn’t want to know when it happened to Boyd but went Tonto when he got some. Nobody should be abused in that manner.

Good chance it might be the chairman of Killie who has said something.

“Address the media “ ..... does anyone else think this is just going to add even more cringe into what is already a total embarrassment for Scotland and Scottish football .

Will we get parity ie a wee karaoke ball on screen but this time to the same tune but Boyd being subjected to the abuse ? Will Gollum be standing in a puddle outside Rugby Park with a wee clipboard like the grim reaper banging on about it? Will bbc Scotland play it as their main headline even when murders , disease , homelessness are happening in our towns every day ?

Nah.......I’ll take a chance and say this is just going to be more of the same cringefest .

I’m out.

Boy oh boy am I sick of Kilmarnock FC. The sooner they slide back to lower table mediocrity the better. Having said that, the next game against them at a Ibrox will be unmissable.

Back