Clarke says Mclean should never officiate a Killie game again.

We need officials from outwith this country, they are either shit in which case not good enough or they are cheats.

Killie boss said McLean's performance was the worst he has ever seen after his side had three players sent off in their defeat to Aberdeen.
Steve Clarke let fly at referee Steven McLean after Kilmarnock had three players sent off in a stormy defeat to Aberdeen .

Kirk Broadfoot, Rory McKenzie and Stuart Findlay all saw red and the Dons took full advantage with Scott McKenna's second half headers securing three points which sees them jump above their hosts into third.

Clarke was seething afterwards, risking an SFA ban as he gave his opinion on the afternoon's events. And he suggested McLean - whose father played for Kilmarnock - would be better not to officiate at a match at Rugby Park again.

He said: "The game was absolutely brutal, there was no football. Broadfoot’s red was a genuine attempt for the ball. We will appeal it. No complaints for Findlay’s. Looks like nothing from McKenzie, we will appeal that one too.
“I told the referee it’s the worst referee performance I’ve ever seen in my career. He lost control of the game, his job is to control the game - he didn’t do that.

"I think he feels the pressure because his dad played so many games at Kilmarnock.

“I think it would be better for Steven and Kilmarnock if he didn’t referee a game here ever again.

“It was a difficult game, but a good referee could have handled it.”
McLean's got a dad?

3 Reds ?
tenor.gif

Once upon a time the SFA response would be to give McKean a Killie game in the next round of fixtures (back when they did four weeks at a time)

Another step closer to a strike by refs I reckon. Probably looking for an excuse but one that doesn't implicate the filth.

He admits his team played no football, yet blames the ref who wasn't playing or coaching his team.

I bet McLean’s performance today wasn’t as bad as his shit show for us against hibs at Easter Rd at the start of March?

These kind of threads make me want to pull my hair out.

Clarke is no friend of Rangers and yet has raised the exact same issue as Rangers fans, players and the manager - that the refereeing in the country is not up to scratch.

Rather than agree the overwhelming consensus is to mock him for the same expressions of frustration that we've all shown throughout this season.

That'll be Clarke having a go at the same ref who fucked our game against Hibs? And had a mare in last year's league cup semi?

I think most fans like to ignore criticism of refs by other managers because they like to think that bad refereeing affects us only. It couldn't be further from the truth.

Killie boss said McLean's performance was the worst he has ever seen after his side had three players sent off in their defeat to Aberdeen.
Steve Clarke let fly at referee Steven McLean after Kilmarnock had three players sent off in a stormy defeat to Aberdeen .

Kirk Broadfoot, Rory McKenzie and Stuart Findlay all saw red and the Dons took full advantage with Scott McKenna's second half headers securing three points which sees them jump above their hosts into third.

Clarke was seething afterwards, risking an SFA ban as he gave his opinion on the afternoon's events. And he suggested McLean - whose father played for Kilmarnock - would be better not to officiate at a match at Rugby Park again.

He said: "The game was absolutely brutal, there was no football. Broadfoot’s red was a genuine attempt for the ball. We will appeal it. No complaints for Findlay’s. Looks like nothing from McKenzie, we will appeal that one too.
“I told the referee it’s the worst referee performance I’ve ever seen in my career. He lost control of the game, his job is to control the game - he didn’t do that.

"I think he feels the pressure because his dad played so many games at Kilmarnock.

“I think it would be better for Steven and Kilmarnock if he didn’t referee a game here ever again.

“It was a difficult game, but a good referee could have handled it.”
Clarke really is a despicable rat lady's front bottom

Clarke is no friend of Rangers and yet has raised the exact same issue as Rangers fans, players and the manager - that the refereeing in the country is not up to scratch.

Rather than agree the overwhelming consensus is to mock him for the same expressions of frustration that we've all shown throughout this season.

That'll be Clarke having a go at the same ref who fucked our game against Hibs? And had a mare in last year's league cup semi?

I think most fans like to ignore criticism of refs by other managers because they like to think that bad refereeing affects us only. It couldn't be further from the truth.
Right and wrong.
Because they are incompetent useless bstrds in the occasional tight game for others doesn't get them off the hook in our matches.

No one will care about what Clarke says and the whole story will move on quickly regardless of what Clarke says today.
If however, this match had involved Rangers and there was even 30% of the decisions irritating Clarke and Rangers had benefitted from those decisions, the story would dominate the pages of our papers and blight our television screens for the rest of the week, and believe me, the referee really would be under severe debilitating scrutiny.
His entire private life would soon be a matter of social media and national debate.

But if you don't accept this then what can any of us do or say?

Right and wrong.
Because they are incompetent useless bstrds in the occasional tight game for others doesn't get them off the hook in our matches.

No one will care about what Clarke says and the whole story will move on quickly regardless of what Clarke says today.
If however, this match had involved Rangers and there was even 30% of the decisions irritating Clarke and Rangers had benefitted from those decisions, the story would dominate the pages of our papers and blight our television screens for the rest of the week, and believe me, the referee really would be under severe debilitating scrutiny.
His entire private life would soon be a matter of social media and national debate.

But if you don't accept this then what can any of us do or say?

I never said I wouldn't accept it.

I also never referenced the media.

The issue here is that Clarke is raging at the same referee EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US was raging with two months ago. That's pretty noteworthy.

Last edited:

Any point he made was ruined by bringing the guys dad into it. . If he’s a poor ref then call it out but don’t try and draw a line when the only evidence you have is your own opinion. His dreadful performance should be enough.

I never said I wouldn't accept it.

I also never refereed to the media.

The issue here is that Clarke is raging at the same referee EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US was raging with two months ago. That's pretty noteworthy.
It isn't at all noteworthy.
The guy is a serial complainer.

He isn't indeed a default canary in any mine.
Instead, he is just white noise.
He is actually non stop white noise.

However, we ourselves have to ignore the white noise because it could easily deflect from a genuine issue.
This season isn't about bad referees, ... for us, it is about a football environment where bad referees are that much worse because they are working in fear of a much more insidious influence than their own mere incompetence, that of a real fear of negative public scrutiny and opprobrium if they are ever to give a controversial decision in favour of Rangers.
The result of this is, of course, they naturally come down upon the side of the decision that avoids this.

That means that Rangers get refereed differently than other clubs, and that has a huge impact on Rangers as a successful football team, that is a real and existential problem for us and that is something that can be proved by naked facts backed up by neutral statistics.

Do you accept that?

Just watch the clamour for action re this ref but when he has refereed shockingly in our games silence.

It isn't at all noteworthy.
The guy is a serial complainer.

He isn't indeed a default canary in any mine.
Instead, he is just white noise.
He is actually non stop white noise.

However, we ourselves have to ignore the white noise because it could easily deflect from a genuine issue.
This season isn't about bad referees, ... for us, it is about a football environment where bad referees are that much worse because they are working in fear of a much more insidious influence than their own mere incompetence, that of a real fear of negative public scrutiny and opprobrium if they are ever to give a controversial decision in favour of Rangers.
The result of this is, of course, they naturally come down upon the side of the decision that avoids this.

That means that Rangers get refereed differently than other clubs, and that has a huge impact on Rangers as a successful football team, that is a real and existential problem for us and that is something that can be proved by naked facts backed up by neutral statistics.

Do you accept that?

I don't disagree for a moment that Rangers are refereed to different standards - but you'll remember that from last week, where you made a bit of a tit of yourself in your assumptions and disingenuous statements in a previous conversation about refs.

I note that your criteria for the football environment is that refs are less likely to give us "controversial decisions." Probably true. I'd argue that's far, far less important than the "obvious" decisions we should have got this year and didn't mainly through the incompetence of referees that have come in for criticism from a lot more than just Gerrard and Clarke.

I don't disagree for a moment that Rangers are refereed to different standards - but you'll remember that from last week, where you made a bit of a tit of yourself in your assumptions and disingenuous statements in a previous conversation about refs.

I note that your criteria for the football environment is that refs are less likely to give us "controversial decisions." Probably true. I'd argue that's far, far less important than the "obvious" decisions we should have got this year and didn't mainly through the incompetence of referees that have come in for criticism from a lot more than just Gerrard and Clarke.
I can't be bothered to trawl back through my previous posts, but just off the top of my head, it was you who made a total tit of yourself.
You start off trying to ridicule any Bears who feel that the matter in the discussion is worthy of suspicion, then you eventually accede certain unassailable points by attacking the individual rather than the facts.

I think I called you out to explain the disparity in decisions this season, (but I confess it may have been a mate of yours) and guess what you couldn't.

But of course, I am a tit for calling you out.

Just answer this.
Give a balanced measure of decisions that we have had against us this season and then show me where it is evened out by decisions that have gone for us.
A simple question, which if I recall you demurred from addressing.
Or was that your mate?

I confess there are people on this forum determined to press the point that we have been refereed fairly this season.
Why am I surprised at this?
It isn't as if the national press are any different.

I dont understand why so much effort goes into defending the refs that target our club and do what they can to cause us so many problems and make sure the tims get all the prizes. I honestly think next season will be worse with him as their manager and how important it will be for both clubs. The pressure will be right on more so if Rangers start well.

Look look look someone fae another club(A drunk) is slagging off a ref we dont like so that means 100 per cent fact we were right you can rule out any bias, they are just pesh utter utter pesh the worst refs in europe.

So why then does McLeans "Pesh refereeing" never benefit Rangers or why dont Celtic have any problems with him. If hes so bad whys he at the top of the game doing the best and most important fixtures ?

How has Craig Thomson managed to do about 50 live tv games of ours without giving us anything but some corners, the odd foul and plenty of reds ? why do the tims always want him doing the cup finals/old firms

why is our discipline record dreadful while the filths is excellent, we dont even have any dirty players in a league full of thugs ? how can Broony do what he wants out there while we see reds for celebrating goals ?

why dont the tim board moan about these guys ? why is the media reporting on refereeing much more positive now than it has been in about 30 years? how did that happen ?

What is the odds on a really shocking referee performance that benefits Hearts in the final ?

why are people so terrified and paranoid about Scotlands refs and their behaviour towards Rangers ?

Sounds like both teams, managers and the ref were made for each other. all of them are a right bunch of Kunts.

I can't be bothered to trawl back through my previous posts, but just off the top of my head, it was you who made a total tit of yourself.
You start off trying to ridicule any Bears who feel that the matter in the discussion is worthy of suspicion, then you eventually accede certain unassailable points by attacking the individual rather than the facts.

I think I called you out to explain the disparity in decisions this season, (but I confess it may have been a mate of yours) and guess what you couldn't.

But of course, I am a tit for calling you out.

Just answer this.
Give a balanced measure of decisions that we have had against us this season and then show me where it is evened out by decisions that have gone for us.
A simple question, which if I recall you demurred from addressing.
Or was that your mate?

I confess there are people on this forum determined to press the point that we have been refereed fairly this season.
Why am I surprised at this?
It isn't as if the national press are any different.

Mate, I think if I were you I would have a trawl through those posts, because with your half-remembered, erroneous and downright fabricated lies you're starting to make a tit of yourself again.

Thread in question was this one: https://www.followfollow.com/forum/...rd-from-other-teams.72264/page-4#post-3432440

It was the one where you (yet again) erroneously assumed that I didn't believe that we're reffed to a different standard (based on...well, very little, actually - I think you were just looking for a fight) and once I made it clear that I did believe in the very same sentiment you were questioning me about you did, to your credit, wind it in, and attempt to make light of your mistakes. Fair enough.

Sadly, you're doing the exact same thing again tonight.

No idea about what mate you're talking about, by the way. You just seem desperate to have a go at people without acknowledging the intricacies in their arguments and introducing strawman and disingenuous theories of your own, that repetitive guff about asking for refereeing decisions we've benefited from being a fine example.

Being a football guy I'm assuming that Steve watches all things football and more particularly all things Scottish football

Does he genuinely think that the McLean at Easter Road would roll up and not have an agenda

This guy does have serious mental health issues

Referee aside, Clarke complaining that no football was played is genuinely quite laughable.

Neither of them have any interest in playing football when playing us, the tims and the other bigger sides. So it’s hardly a surprise that they’ve both done it to each other yesterday and it’s led to a truly awful game.

You hear a lot about the quality of Scottish football improving, not for me. There’s very, very little quality in the league outside of the big 2, just a lot of semi well organised teams trying not to concede goals. Absolute guff.

Referee aside, Clarke complaining that no football was played is genuinely quite laughable.

Neither of them have any interest in playing football when playing us, the tims and the other bigger sides. So it’s hardly a surprise that they’ve both done it to each other yesterday and it’s led to a truly awful game.

You hear a lot about the quality of Scottish football improving, not for me. There’s very, very little quality in the league outside of the big 2, just a lot of semi well organised teams trying not to concede goals. Absolute guff.

The problem is...

the physical, stop footballing sides play at all cost, dirty, lump the ball up to a physical striker works in Scotland.

But when a lesser team (like McCann’s Dundee) tries to actually play football, they’re hounded our because results aren’t going their way

Ourselves, the scum and the Edinburgh scum are the only ones who try to actually play football. And that’s the entire league

Haven't seen the highlights but I saw Broadfoot's red card on Twitter and it was never a red in a million years.

Shinnie is a wee arsehole though, constantly in the refs face asking for opponents to be carded.

Back