Clarke says Mclean should never officiate a Killie game again.

I haven't seen a Kilmarnock game yet where they shouldn't have had at least three players sent off
No reason to think this one was any different
He sends his team's out to deliberately play on the edge of what you can get away with. I would expect he was the one that told Broadfoot to rake Alfie off the ball
So this time he comes a cropper. - boo hoo

How many were sheep? In a battle for 3rd, and that’s the crowd.

Losing all that blue pound as well. And once Clarke leaves.....

Great decisions made by the Killie board. Really proactive....
That's the point i was making given they cut our allocation,at a guess the sheep usually take a good away support so maybe between one or two thousand,so maybe just over 4,000 Kilmarnock fans against their rivals for third place and chasing a place in Europe and we are to believe they are going to fill all three stands jam packed,today's game was also part of their 150th celebrations.

Clark also said today that the football was terrible and to think there are people and quite a lot of them who want this guy as Scotland manager. Granted he has made a huge difference at Kilmarnock but no chance he's Scotland manager material.

Will be interesting to see if he gets away with those comments or not. That should be a citing for bringing the game into disrepute.

“There was no football being played”. Ironic that. Maybe get a real pitch for a start and Coming from the guy who sets his team up to do exactly that against us. More focused than kicking people off the park and trying to get players sent off. Just like the sheep.

Ah so Aberdeen who set up to defend, kick, pull and time waste play Kilmarnock who set up to kick, pull and time waste. No wonder it goes tits up. Two of the worst footballing teams in the league, the frustrating thing is they grind out points.

Ah so Aberdeen who set up to defend, kick, pull and time waste play Kilmarnock who set up to kick, pull and time waste. No wonder it goes tits up. Two of the worst footballing teams in the league, the frustrating thing is they grind out points.
I heard on Radio Clyde yesterday,I think it was Rodger Hannah who was reporting on the game,he said not one player out there is trying to play football

McLean is a very poor referee but he shouldn’t have his job made even more difficult by being put in a position where he manages Kilmarnock games, given his dad is a legend at the club.

It says it all about the SFA that this sort of stuff isn’t even consideted by them .

Apparently Cosgrove was on a yellow but continued to hack fk out of the Killie players and was continually ignored by the ref. McInnes hooked him at half time. I suspect what the whiny wee ladies front bottom is getting at is parity.

The problem is...

the physical, stop footballing sides play at all cost, dirty, lump the ball up to a physical striker works in Scotland.

But when a lesser team (like McCann’s Dundee) tries to actually play football, they’re hounded our because results aren’t going their way

Ourselves, the scum and the Edinburgh scum are the only ones who try to actually play football. And that’s the entire league

But nobody does anything about it because the usual suspects only want to see celtic win an uncontested league and some thugs get it right up Rangers.

If Clarke was given the tim job(cant see it either but thats what most of his rants about over last year or so are about) im sure his opinion on this ref would change overnight. Be quite happy with McLean doing old firm games hes one of the top sfa/tim refs in the country. He is not a terrible ref hes a dishonest one.

These kind of threads make me want to pull my hair out.

Clarke is no friend of Rangers and yet has raised the exact same issue as Rangers fans, players and the manager - that the refereeing in the country is not up to scratch.

Rather than agree the overwhelming consensus is to mock him for the same expressions of frustration that we've all shown throughout this season.

That'll be Clarke having a go at the same ref who fucked our game against Hibs? And had a mare in last year's league cup semi?

I think most fans like to ignore criticism of refs by other managers because they like to think that bad refereeing affects us only. It couldn't be further from the truth.
The difference being Kilmarnock are a thuggish team about time they got their just desserts, it should have before primarily against us but that was never going to happen.

McLean is a dreadful referee and if there were honest people actually monitoring their performances he shouldn’t be in a job.

Last edited:
That’s three times in the last month or so, that three players from the same team have been red carded, us v FIlth, Dolly v the filth and Kilmarnock on Saturday. Either there are some dirty bastards playing, or the officials aren’t very good.

That’s three times in the last month or so, that three players from the same team have been red carded, us v FIlth, Dolly v the filth and Kilmarnock on Saturday. Either there are some dirty bastards playing, or the officials aren’t very good.

Cant comment on the Killie game yesterday but i do know the 3 refs you mention are top referees that have been around a long time. Probably our 3 most dishonest refs, Madden, Thomson, McLean, the sfa/Celtic main guys.

Cant think of many, or indeed any games, over the last 10 years where the awful standard has resulted in crucial decisions going our way.

Highlights with the incidents ...

Two hammer-throwing teams with the red version screaming louder than the others. Vile bunch, all of them, and a weak referee. You may dislike Clarke all you like, but the standard of play, tackling and refereeing of similar incidents is utterly pathetic.

The refs in this country are a joke. They're unprofessional to the extreme. They're very poorly trained and simply not capable of doing the job required. The SFA need to take 100% of the blame there.

However, I don't think they're has been such an utterly pathetic wank like Clarke in Scotland for a long time. Really is one of the most bitter, greeting faced tw*ts ever to grace our game. Sooner he fucks off the better.

Nearly every interview he's border line ready to burst into tears. He needs some professional help and a stint miles away from football.

I heard on Radio Clyde yesterday,I think it was Rodger Hannah who was reporting on the game,he said not one player out there is trying to play football

The difference in Scotland is they can do this and no ref will touch them - early enough, particularly against us. Scotland will never produce any decent amount of football talent until these teams are forced to change their ways with strict refereeing.

It'll be interesting to see what punishment he receives, bearing in mind that Mr Gerrard has served a one match ban for telling a ref in private that his performance was a fucking shambles.

Clarke has publicly criticised the ref, made a loose suggestion of bias, and said outright that he should not ref a killie match ever again.

Surely a lengthy ban awaits.

Having listened to his interview, I'm actually stunned. If Gerrard had said that about a referee there would be total uproar. I can't believe he had the nerve to say what he said. Should be banned for at least 8 games.

On the evidence of that shit show sportscene I would have to agree with him this time. The horrible ginger one’s analysis of the officiating was laughable, didn’t get much wrong but then points out 2 poor reds and maybe a red for cosgrove on another day. Wow

I think that McLean was letting nothing go so the only serious error he made was not to send 1 Aberdeen player off for 2 yellows, Cosgrove I think. A better referee though wouldn't have sent anyone off but he refereed it by the book so his performance was reasonable. I don't like this ref as he doesn't use his judgement, just does it by the book, the easy way.

Back