Class words from Tav in the program

Mad to think nearly a year ago he was ripped apart for comments he made in his column

He's grown to fit the role he finds himself in, and he is more than character enough to call himself the captain of Rangers. His words there just cement how worthy he is of the armband.

Can't wait to see him hold that trophy high in May

Can't believe people ever thought "never a Rangers captain"

He's going to go down as one of the most legendary ever after this season, over the moon for him
I agree regards people thought he would never be a Captain . I thought the same and i would defy anyone to say they thought he was Captain material. But I will say this. He has proved me wrong in that regard and I take that back. Tav said in an interview that he had unfinished business when asked about transferring. He has made mistakes yes but.. Nothing will give me greater joy than watch him lift the league trophy. He has been so loyal and deserves every accolade hat comes to him.

Genuine love for this man, our Captain.
Honestly, when the ref blows the final whistle on the game that wins us 55, and Tav drops to his knees, hands in the air and tears rolling down his face...I, along with many many others will cry uncontrollably: in joy for ourselves, or club but also for this guy who has given and contributed so much to our return to our rightful place in Scottish football. The emotion will take over and away we'll go, blubbering like weans. Bring it on!!!

Honestly, when the ref blows the final whistle on the game that wins us 55, and Tav drops to his knees, hands in the air and tears rolling down his face...I, along with many many others will cry uncontrollably: in joy for ourselves, or club but also for this guy who has given and contributed so much to our return to our rightful place in Scottish football. The emotion will take over and away we'll go, blubbering like weans. Bring it on!!!
We better my old man is half cut saying he’ll pay for mine haha first time since I started working at 16

The fella will have a place in history. Came up from nothing sold on a dream to a team that everyone expected everything but for years had nothing.

Took his own self belief and trust and when a rookie manger came in and the fans were unsure, that manager seen something he knew.....he could see a winner. He will become historic, Tav you do not know even now what you and that team have done, the enormity will hit you, and our manager later.

Thank you

Well written words James. Truly he has grown into this role, especially this season. I am one of those who always saw his defensive frailties and never believed we could win a title with him in the team, never mind with Tav leading it. The only upside I could see was that at least he tried to constantly learn and improve each season. Boy has he! In about 10 games time I will never have been so delighted to be wrong. He has been magnificent in both roles, and no one in this team will deserve this success more. A championship gamble at £200,000 who is about to become a Champion & Legend. Mr. Tavernier, please forgive us doubters.

acts and sounds like a leader while the captain of lego from the east influences games for 6 minutes with his elbows.. normality has resumed

He's going to go down as one of the most legendary ever after this season, over the moon for him

Never been so happy to be so far off the mark, even few weeks into this season that was still very much my opinion and our weakest link for maintaining the fight across 90 mins and the season.

Always liked him as a player and individual however leader of men I never really saw.

i was one of those guys, and i now apologise
he will now go down in the rangers history books
as a great

What a signing he has been ,200k incredible business. He's a class act on and off the park and will have his name deservedly on the board at the top of the marble staircase in years to come.

I am happy to say I was completely wrong about Tav, I never thought he was captain material and at times I never thought he would lead us to win anything.

That was until this season were he has been the ultimate leader and I can't wait to see him lift the trophy.

Never been so happy to be wrong and quite happy to admit it.

I am happy to say I was completely wrong about Tav, I never thought he was captain material and at times I never thought he would lead us to win anything.

That was until this season were he has been the ultimate leader and I can't wait to see him lift the trophy.

Fair play to you mate.

Brilliant comments from Tav

He has been a superb signing and he has grown into the captain role superbly

We just need to keep getting points on the board and when the game comes that clinches us the title it will be fitting for Tav to lift the SPL trophy and we can all go mental

Their will be tears of joy and happiness all over the world. The scenes will be unreal and will last for days

Outstanding words from the skipper.

I really hope he has signed an extension and we’re picking our moment to announce it.

You weren’t the only one mate, fair play.

Tav wasn’t a captain 3 years ago. Every other captain we have had has walked into a dressing room with leaders who passed down what it meant to be a Rangers player and person. He has had to build that from scratch, and be the man installing that across the squad which we are seeing with every performances and interview from players who are on the message we don’t jump ahead, we concentrate on winning and let that speak for itself. That he’s self made, and his behaviours will make sure our next captain isn’t dropped into the role from nowhere, that makes him now a super Captain for our club.

Great article that shows how he has grown into the role. Also interesting that we have a doctor advising the players on how to deal with the virus.

Last edited:
You weren’t the only one mate, fair play.
Tav has always been a talented player and he continues to improve
I am sure that we don’t fully realise the pressure that each and every true Ranger feels when they pull on that blue Jersey
I don’t think it’s any coincidence that Tav has grown as a player and became the Captain he now is under the tutiledge of Stevie G and the management team. Men like Gerrard and McAllister have been great captains and must surely have given Tav some solid advice and support ,helping him to grow into the role of a true captain and leader.All credit to Tav for taking it on board and working hard to fufill his roles in the team
Onwards to 55

Tav wasn’t a captain 3 years ago. Every other captain we have had has walked into a dressing room with leaders who passed down what it meant to be a Rangers player and person. He has had to build that from scratch, and be the man installing that across the squad which we are seeing with every performances and interview from players who are on the message we don’t jump ahead, we concentrate on winning and let that speak for itself. That he’s self made, and his behaviours will make sure our next captain isn’t dropped into the role from nowhere, that makes him now a super Captain for our club.
Well said. Along with a host of others they’ve grown and carry themselves fantastically well which is an output of the work and foundations that SG and his staff have put in place, when we get 55 we should let it sink in just how amazing a job SG has done.

Goldson‘s interview when he said the teams playing style was 2 years in the making was really telling for me, a team and club with fantastic structure and values, love the Rangers

He has to go down as one of our best ever signings. £250k and he developed into the best right back in the country and hopefully come may he will be the captain that delivers 55. When he lifts that trophy he will secure his place as a rangers legend

If ever a player deserved to lift 55 it’s Tavernier.

He’s been through the wars at Rangers and is ultimately going to triumph in the most traditional of Rangers ways.

Love him or not, James Tavernier’s name will be spoken about by Rangers supporters long after everyone on this forum is long gone.

Im getting emotional just thinking about it :D

Always thought he should have played right mid or just behind the front 3 but his defending as dramatically improved had my doubts about tav being captain material so glad to be proven wrong and just shows his commitment to rangers and ability being the only one in the team that was in the championship also should not cash in on him let him play here in his prime#55

He has been here for a few years now but this is the year James Tavernier became a ranger .

Our captain highlights why we will win the league this year - consistency , quality, ignore the noise and deliver !!! ( and watch the rest implode )

In terms of programs notes - Great words spoken by a leader , I like us all will bubble like a newborn baby when he lifts that league trophy above his head...... and I cannot wait .

Great and wise words from our captain. Such a difference from the bleatings coming out the piggery. Or should that read the oinks coming out the piggery ;)B-)

Ashamed to say I was wrong about Tav as a player and captain. How delighted I’ve been for him to have stuffed my words down my throat. First half of the season was one brilliant performance after another. Tailed off a little to just ‘very good’ after teams wisened up to the threat from him. He’s also such an honest decent player too that no one will deserve it as much as him especially after the failure of teams he’s played in before.

To be

To be fair he has grown into the role over time

Back