Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

EtzsiqmXEAMiS_e

Stan Anderson, Jimmy Miller, John Currie, Bobby Hume, Ronnie McKinnon, Norrie Martin, George Niven, Billy Ritchie, Bobby Grant, Max Murray, Willie Penman, Andy Matthew, Willie Henderson, Ralph Brand.

Scot Symon, Albert Franks, Reuben Evans, Willie Stevenson, David More, Sammy Baird, George McLean, Bill Paterson, Bobby King, Harold Davis, Roger Hynd, Willie Telfer, Davie Provan, Jim Baxter, Joe Craven.

Alex Scott, Willie Cassidy, Ian McMillan, John Queen, Bobby Shearer, Billy Young, Eric Caldow, Donald Bowie, Ian McColl, Craig Brown, John Little, Craig Watson, Davie Wilson, Davie Kinnear.
Craig Brown,I would never have recognised him.

Always love contributing to these type of threads.

Stanley Matthews playing for Rangers during the war ...
bT54L3l.jpg

My Dad's hero ...
LQbjmD0.jpg

Eric Caldow, Jim Baxter, Ralph Brand and Davy Wilson ...
uCLpwmL.jpg
Wasn't Sir Stanley Matthews 1st wife Betty Vallance, grand daughter of The Rangers first captain Tom Vallance ? I think the trainer at Stoke was also a Vallance.
He certainly had an admiration for The Rangers (sound man & great footballer).

Without going through the whole thread seen this pop up on Facebook, Keppochhill Rangers Suporters Club.
Cowlairs Railway works was from that area, my moneys on quite a few from there, one looks like one of my old journey man.
My dad's old uncle who first took him to Ibrox would never go to the game without a shirt and tie on.

Changed days.

Start of season 1969/70 I'm thinking.

I should know this, but who is the man in the suit standing behind Davie White?

The other side of the picture has Willie Thornton, Davie Kinnear and Joe Craven. But can't think who the last if the coaching / management team was.
Laurie Smith.

Wasn't Sir Stanley Matthews 1st wife Betty Vallance, grand daughter of The Rangers first captain Tom Vallance ? I think the trainer at Stoke was also a Vallance.
He certainly had an admiration for The Rangers (sound man & great footballer).
For anybody that's interested Matthews married his first wife at Bonnyton Golf Club near Eaglesham. Funnily enough Jock Stein used to golf there. The course at that time had a predominantly Jewish membership so he probably went there to get away from everybody.

My dad's old uncle who first took him to Ibrox would never go to the game without a shirt and tie on.

Changed days.

My dad started going to Ibrox in the 1930s.
His last games were at the end of season 13/14.
Always had a shirt and tie on, took me to Barcelona in 72, me with scarf on sombrero hat etc.
Him on a nice warm sunny day walking round the Ramblas in his shirt and tie.
He had a Rangers badge he wore, never wore any team colours.
Old timer loyal.

No, the yahoo was a non existant yahoo.

What the wee fud was saying is he had no chance of making it at Ibrox. Certainly not with Baxter there.
Ok, thanks for that. I had heard before that John Little had been sidelined at Ibrox because he had married an RC. This came from an older generation Aberdeen supporter, who worked with Little in an RC school when they were both PE teachers, after Little had left Rangers.

Back