Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

McCoist , Hemdani v Fiorentina 2008

v Everton 15th Feb 1890

McLeish v Wenger pre-season friendly 5th Aug 2003

Andy Cameron attacked by an Aberdeen fan at half-time at Ibrox 11th Sept 1999

CLQ v Haka 28th July 2000

CL v Valencia (1-2) 26th October 1999

Dick Advocaat pre-season friendly v Voss June 1998

The team photograph for the 1929-30 season with the recently built Main Stand behind. The team led by Mr Struth would go on to win the League and Cup double.

What a belter of a photograph. My grandfather’s team and almost 50 years later I was standing on that very terracing in the East Enclosure during our great victory against Juventus. Thanks for posting the photo @ItsInTheNet

What a belter of a photograph. My grandfather’s team and almost 50 years later I was standing on that very terracing in the East Enclosure during our great victory against Juventus. Thanks for posting the photo @ItsInTheNet
Unusual to see The Wee Blue Devil in the back row, usually it's the big guys put there!

Probably balancing up Billy McCandless on Tom Hamilton’s left hand side. In the Rangers The New Era there is a similar composition with a photo of some of the players who toured America and Canada in 1928. The photo is titled “They Were Supreme”. Unfortunately I am useless at posting photographs but Page 259 of the New Era book for anyone who have their copy to hand.

Probably balancing up Billy McCandless on Tom Hamilton’s left hand side. In the Rangers The New Era there is a similar composition with a photo of some of the players who toured America and Canada in 1928. The photo is titled “They Were Supreme”. Unfortunately I am useless at posting photographs but Page 259 of the New Era book for anyone who have their copy to hand.
This one? @The Meik's Crombie

My parents bought me the book in 1966. My grandfather was still alive at the time although beginning to suffer ill health. However he would tell me stories about the players in the photo and others like Andy Cunningham.

I have always loved that photo. Bringing it up to date, @dh1963 recently did an article on Jock Buchanan who won a DCM (which I think is the award below the VC) during the First World War. Viewing that photo Jock Buchanan looked as if he stood no nonsense as did the others tbh.

Thanks for posting the photo @ItsInTheNet

My parents bought me the book in 1966. My grandfather was still alive at the time although beginning to suffer ill health. However he would tell me stories about the players in the photo and others like Andy Cunningham.

I have always loved that photo. Bringing it up to date, @dh1963 recently did an article on Jock Buchanan who won a DCM (which I think is the award below the VC) during the First World War. Viewing that photo Jock Buchanan looked as if he stood no nonsense as did the others tbh.

Wonderful story :)) . Thank you for sharing this with us!

EyO1uqmWQAQb5XY

Andy Cunningham is a player I would have loved to have seen playing for The Rangers.

Back