Classic Rangers picture thread

RabSpackman

It's definitely not Dave McPherson mate. It does look like Cohen but the photo doesn't say.
Just checked in The Complete Record and in July & August 1986, Avi Cohen started 3 friendlies for Rangers against Cologne, Falkirk and Tottenham - he wore 6 in the Spurs game on 2nd August.
That is 100% the match that picture is from.

Didn’t play a competitive game for Rangers that season but joined for 87/88 as a signed player.

ao2

Just checked in The Complete Record and in July & August 1986, Avi Cohen started 3 friendlies for Rangers against Cologne, Falkirk and Tottenham - he wore 6 in the Spurs game on 2nd August.

Didn’t play a competitive game for Rangers that season but joined for 87/88 as a signed player.
Great research mate!

dh1963

Brilliant, that was bugging me!

The Meik's Crombie

Great photo : it also made me smile to see Dave Smith in the background with his sleeves rolled up. I remember a game at Pittodrie in the early 1970’s and it was absolutely freezing. The team ran out and there was Dave rolling his sleeves up. It did not matter whether it was summer or the depths of winter, Dave Smith was always there with his sleeves rolled up. Strange how inconsequential events stick in the mind.