Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

E8Qa1u1WUAY9CRm

Always love contributing to these type of threads.

Stanley Matthews playing for Rangers during the war ...
bT54L3l.jpg

My Dad's hero ...
LQbjmD0.jpg

Eric Caldow, Jim Baxter, Ralph Brand and Davy Wilson ...
uCLpwmL.jpg

I'd buy that jersey the quartet of yesteryear stars are wearing.

Rangers parade the Cup-Winners Cup on our return to Ibrox the night after the win in Barcelona, 25th May 1972:

ZCeVmH4.jpg

I Fookin missed that night.
Dad and myself didn't get home till the early hours of the Friday morning.
Mum and my wee sister were dancing in the rain that night having been taken to Ibrox by our next door neighbour
Wee sister was 8 at the time and still brings it up.
Horrible wee bitch. :)) :)) :))

Reactions: ao2
Rangers parade the Cup-Winners Cup on our return to Ibrox the night after the win in Barcelona, 25th May 1972:

ZCeVmH4.jpg
50th Anniversary of this is approaching and it would be amazing for them to get a replica truck, stick a giant Union Jack on the front and drive it around Ibrox with the players on an open top back.

If Rangers arent willing maybe the Union Bears could get one knocked together and drive it around George Square.

Rangers 4-1 Kilmarnock, Scottish Cup QF, 11th March 1978. Davie Cooper takes on the Killie keeper at Ibrox:

NOT995d.jpg
Colin Stein played for Killie that day.

Their centre forward Ian Fallis was killed in a car crash, we gave them Stein on loan for the rest of the season.

Bobby Russell missed the game injured, Johnny Hamilton played and scored a smashing goal.

Rangers 2-2 Celtic, Glasgow Cup Final, 10th May 1975. The cup was shared by both clubs. Check the packed Rangers End and contrast with the gaps just past the half-way line:

OvRLdqj.jpg
1975 was the year of Glasgow 800. I remember we all got a wee brown mug. The Glasgow Cup was always going to be shared that day!

Reactions: ao2
The day Orjan Persson scored direct from the corner kick at the Rangers end.
Great picture.
Most of the crowd in the enclosure stood under the stand to avoid the rain.
I was only nine and my 1st season going to Ibrox with my dad.
Same for me.
I think part of the Copland Rd covering had been damaged due to the terrible hurricane of 1968 leaving even less room to shelter.
The game would never be allowed to be played these days.
Persson's corner-kick goal is my only memory from that long ago day.

Back