Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

E729958-F-EB1-C-462-B-A648-9195-E1832406.jpg

The best header of a ball that i've ever seen in my 54 years of following Rangers.

And the added bonus with DJ was that he was equally as good a defender as he was a striker

I am of the same opinion on DJ's heading ability, imperious. Obviously the younger generation mention Hateley, who was tremendous but not in DJ's league.

1970 to 1978 DJ was a magnificent player but from Greig's appointmemt as manager in summer of 78 and DJ demanding to be captain, he rarely reached those previous heights. Problems with his weight didn't help but overall a genuine Rangers legend who, imho, doesn't get the respect he deserves.

2-3 defeat October 1982?

A sore one that day, compounded by a 5-0 defeat by Cologne 4 days later.

Was at the Scumdome that day and we played very well, in fact I'd go as far too say from what I can recall, we were by far the better side, a wee rub of the green and we'd have won. IIRC did Scum not score the winner in last few mins with a breakaway from a Rangers corner when we were pressing strongly for the winner ourselves.

I recall the 5-0 defeat to Cologne was played the day after my 21st birthday. Me and a mate were going to listen to live radio commentary but the game kicked off 30 mins earlier than we realised and by the time we put the radio on we were already 4 down.

Last edited:
Was at the Scumdome that day and we played very well, in fact I'd go as far too say from what I can recall, we were by far the better side, a wee rub of the green and we'd have won. IIRC did Scum not score the winner in last few mins with a breakaway from a Rangers corner when we were presding strongly for the winner ourselves.

I recall the 5-0 defeat to Cologne was played the day after my 21st birthday. Me and a mate were going to listen to live radio commentary but the game kicked off 30 mind earlier than we realised and by the time we put the radio on we were already 4 down.
I was also at the 3-2 defeat at Torbett Towers. We were unlucky. It seemed to me to be busier than normal that day. Chocca in the Rangers end. And just under a year from that game, November 1981 we drew 3-3, we were 3-2 up at half time. Gordon Dalziel’s OF debut and scored that day. As for the FC Cologne disaster I left my house when we were down 1-0 and by the time I got to my mates in Kildermorie Road Easterhouse we were 4 doon….
This is long before mobile ‘phone’s, Sky and all wall-wall current football coverage…

Back