Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

mayhem erupted after the goal was disallowed,
2-0 up, 3-2 down, equalizer in the last seconds!
Huge Rangers support there that day

I missed the bus from Greenock that day and was listening on the radio. It wasn't even our game that was on (it was Morton v Aberdeen, with Morton putting the sheep out) and it was torture when they broke through with match updates from Muirton with us going behind after seemingly putting the game to bed. When they told us Johnston had had a goal disallowed that seemed to be it, then it came through that Redford had scored. Talk about relief!!!!!!!

Rangers 2-1 Borussia Dortmund, European Cup-Winners Cup, 23rd November 1966. John Greig is involved in a goalmouth incident as Gers put out the holders (this was the first leg, the 2nd leg was goalless):

4g3j2a.jpg

Rangers 1-1 Celtic, Glasgow Charity Cup SF, 9th May 1960. (Click on the photo for a better resolution). Rangers celebrate winning the tie on the toss of the coin. McNeill refuses to believe the evidence before him and gazes skywards in vain, hoping for help from above. It's a conspiracy I tell you, they've always cheated ra Sellick :D:

1zo8fv6.jpg
It's Crerand's reaction I find hilarious. GIRFUY

Kept this one for the end, It's the old red ash pitch in Ibrox primary school and have absolutely no idea who is on the pitch and unsure if it's Rangers players.

It's a pretty old picture as there are trees lining the side of the pitch and wondering if maybe this picture is from around 1920/30, but all the same it's a great old picture with Ibrox in the background.

bgs2rm.jpg

Rangers 2-0 Dynamo Kiev, European Cup, 30th September 1987. Gers punish the hapless Chanov for a monumental blunder in the Soviet side's goal and Mark Falco opens the scoring. The last the keeper was heard of he was down a salt mine in Siberia :D:

1pffc4.jpg

a0cfw6.jpg

Rangers 2-1 Celtic, 30th August 1975. The first day of the new Premier League and Gers could not have started any better, coming from behind to win by goals from DJ and Cutty Young. The attendance of 69,594 still stands as a record since the revamp from the old league format:

6862s1.jpg

2qbr85l.jpg

I might be slipping into my dotage but I seem to mind King Kai dislocated his shoulder in this game. Or I am havering

I've checked and can't see Johansen having any time out of the side that season mate, save one or two games but I'd guess a dislocated shoulder would have kept him out for a few weeks?

Kept this one for the end, It's the old red ash pitch in Ibrox primary school and have absolutely no idea who is on the pitch and unsure if it's Rangers players.

It's a pretty old picture as there are trees lining the side of the pitch and wondering if maybe this picture is from around 1920/30, but all the same it's a great old picture with Ibrox in the background.

bgs2rm.jpg
I would imagine it's the thirties as the main stand was opened on the First of January 1929 if my grey cells remember correctly. Looks like our training kit from then

Back