Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

Rangers fan injured during a friendly match against Tottenham in 1986
I was at that game, was that when Butcher had signed ? I was staying with friends and went to the Arsenal v Mhanky mhob a few days later as they were Gooners. Rangers drew 1-1

That’s the old North Bank. Arsenal supporters fighting amongst themselves or did Rangers supporters infiltrate?
Was at the game. Pre season friendly 1967. We got best 3 nil if I remember correctly.

A lot of trouble on that terracing as the Rangers fans took it over completely. Police going in to lift them were coming off second best and just left them to it in the end.

I'll never forget looking up and seeing two guys coming down from the top of the terrace playing flutes accompanied by a guy with a side drum. Crazy day, different times.

Was at the game. Pre season friendly 1967. We got best 3 nil if I remember correctly.

A lot of trouble on that terracing as the Rangers fans took it over completely. Police going in to lift them were coming off second best and just left them to it in the end.

I'll never forget looking up and seeing two guys coming down from the top of the terrace playing flutes accompanied by a guy with a side drum. Crazy day, different times.
Was told Rangers took it over, Arsenal who had the skinhead scene going back then tried to get back in at half time but failed ?

Trophy room 1965/66
@ItsInTheNet stop posting up these obviously photoshopped interior pictures of Ibrox as there is clearly no tartan carpet in here that was traditionally there for ever!! ;-)

I jest of course but I love the 4 interior pictures posted as it’s shows clearly to some on here that Ibrox has always evolved and things that some people will argue till they are blue in the face (as well as the nose) has been there for ever and it’s our “tradition” in many cases it’s totally false.

The only constant with our club has been evolution and improvement to the quality foundations we have laid

@ItsInTheNet stop posting up these obviously photoshopped interior pictures of Ibrox as there is clearly no tartan carpet in here that was traditionally there for ever!! ;-)

I jest of course but I love the 4 interior pictures posted as it’s shows clearly to some on here that Ibrox has always evolved and things that some people will argue till they are blue in the face (as well as the nose) has been there for ever and it’s our “tradition” in many cases it’s totally false.

The only constant with our club has been evolution and improvement to the quality foundations we have laid
Andy, colour it in tartan. You have the power.:))

Was told Rangers took it over, Arsenal who had the skinhead scene going back then tried to get back in at half time but failed ?
May well be the case at half time, it was their end of the ground but with the passage of time I can't remember exactly.

I can recall when Arsenal scored their third goal in front of the North bank it was met with a hail of cans raining down from the terracing. One of their players picked up a can, took a sip and lobbed it back into the fans. He had obviously never plied his trade in the Scottish leagues, probably thought after the game that Scottish beer tasted like p1ss, oh wait.

Was only in the old Highbury once it was a cracking football stadium.

George Farm, Dunfermline manager and former Scotland goalkeeper
have read a lot of what Ferguson said about his time at Ibrox and he was scathing of Willie Allison who was the 'PR' man at the time but Fergie said he had much more influence than his position credited - never seen a pic of him though.

Was only in the old Highbury once it was a cracking football stadium.
October 17, 1951.

This striking photograph is captured as 62,000 fans fill the Arsenal Football Stadium in Highbury, North London to see Arsenal challenge the Glasgow Rangers.
It is Arsenal's second match ever to be played under Highbury's floodlights

image-asset.jpeg

October 17, 1951.

This striking photograph is captured as 62,000 fans fill the Arsenal Football Stadium in Highbury, North London to see Arsenal challenge the Glasgow Rangers.
It is Arsenal's second match ever to be played under Highbury's floodlights

image-asset.jpeg
Brilliant picture….probably where subbuteo got the idea from!!!

Back