Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

Scottish Cup Final replay, 27th April 1966. The excitement was too much for this supporter:

hhY7JNV.jpg

Last edited:
im sure colin stein was playing for killie that day, if my memory is correct they had knocked out the enablers at the piggery in the previous round

Correct mate, except they beat the scum in a replay at Rugby Park the same night we nearly lost to Forfar in the LCSF (we won in ET).

Rangers 1-0 Celtic. The Bears are still celebrating Kai Johansen's legendary winner in the Scottish Cup Final replay, 27th April 1966:

kC5Jsvj.jpg
no
Is that Marilin Monroe left of the big hand. Lovely enough to be one of us. Photo took on my birthday :)) :))

Reactions: ao2
im sure colin stein was playing for killie that day, if my memory is correct they had knocked out the enablers at the piggery in the previous round
Beat me to it. If the yahoos had won the replay (first match was at the cesspit I think) that would have meant three matches against them on the trot.

This game 11/3/78
LCF 18/3/78
League at the cesspit 25/3/78

Beat me to it. If the yahoos had won the replay (first match was at the cesspit I think) that would have meant three matches against them on the trot.

This game 11/3/78
LCF 18/3/78
League at the cesspit 25/3/78
Bobby Russell was ill and Johnny Hamilton ended up back in the team for the Killie cup game then the LCF and Parkhead.

Walking up the stairs at the Rangers end, getting to the top of the stairs, and seeing the magnificent stadium in front of you. especially on a night game in floodlights.
Loved it.
You describe it so well amabluestar! Captured my heart forever first time I climbed they stairs and got to the top and looked at that incredible arena.

My older brother holding me aloft then sitting me on the barrier to watch the game! Glorious moments in time!

Back