Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

25zi055.jpg

qs18jd.jpg

DJ runs off to celebrate after scoring against Thistle at Firhill on Jan 2nd 1978 in a 2-1 win which leapfrogged Rangers above Thistle for top spot in the SPL. The bears in the old Firhill shed (including me) are going berserk. There was a crowd of 30,000 at Firhill that day which was the largest for many a year.

I was in the shed,right at the front in line with 6yd box.

Giovanni Van Bronckhorst is mobbed as he puts Rangers 1 up away to Bayer Leverkusen on 22/10/1998.

Leverkusen had been UCL Quarter Finalists earlier that year.

oct-1998-rangers-celebrate-giovanni-van-bronckhorsts-goal-against-picture-id1280093

Barry Ferguson was "world class" that night, one of his best if not his best performance in a light blue jersey that night.

Was the 2nd replay not played after the capitulation at the piggery that cost us the league?

My old man is still going regularly and was at all of last season's games against them, but he still mantains that the 4-2 defeat at the piggery against 10 men in 79 is his worst ever experience against them.
Although we have had some hellish defeats against them in recent years, I agree with your Dad.

I took this from the programme for the following Ibrox league match against dolly......that game was on March 4th 1978, my 20th birthday, we got humped 3-0, so me & my mate went to the Bier Keller on Union street & got blootered.
I remember that game. Pissed of rain all day and I was in the uncovered (Celtic) end watching with my late father.
I was ten. I was shocked we could lose at Ibrox 3 0 to anyone :D

Bobby Russell had a nice easy professional ambition... to play and score in the World Cup Final!

That was never likely, but he definitely should have played for Scotland.

11s1bi9.jpg

Jan 1984 Rangers & the sheep 'fight out' a 1-1 draw at Ibrox , Cooper nets for Rangers from the spot & Ally Dawson hits the spot...............both Dawson & Black were red carded................
vyy748.jpg

Vague memory we played a young full back that day who we hoped was going to be a star.
Scott Fraser?

Back